Tibhar Evo EL-P how long it lasts?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Hello,

I had read that those evo rubbers are factory tuned and the effect wears out quickly. I have never played with tuned rubbers. What it feels like when it wears of? Do I lose mostly speed but spin stays about the same? If so I would be fine with it but if it loses large portion of spin I'm wondering if it is worth getting this rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
I'm not sure if they wear out quickly, I used to use elp for like 5 months , 10h per week , and they were fine from my point of view.
Then, I took them of (I wanted smthing slower) and used them again 1 year later to test a blade.

They were totally worn off, the spin producing was almost zero, even my coach couldn't make loops on no spin balls. The speed was less than it used to be, but it was ok, the spin was really hurt.

To be honest, I can't make a comment on the speed actually, because as I said I hadn't used them for one year, couldn't remember how speedy they were, but am sure they had lost an amount of speed.

Well, every rubber will lose their speed and spin at some point, depending on how much you play. Others may last 6 months, other 8 months, but don't think there should be so big difference (except if you take an ultra undurable or ultra durable rubber).

I didn't like elp personally, but didn't regret playing with it either.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
I'm not sure if they wear out quickly, I used to use elp for like 5 months , 10h per week , and they were fine from my point of view.
Then, I took them of (I wanted smthing slower) and used them again 1 year later to test a blade.

They were totally worn off, the spin producing was almost zero, even my coach couldn't make loops on no spin balls. The speed was less than it used to be, but it was ok, the spin was really hurt.

To be honest, I can't make a comment on the speed actually, because as I said I hadn't used them for one year, couldn't remember how speedy they were, but am sure they had lost an amount of speed.

Well, every rubber will lose their speed and spin at some point, depending on how much you play. Others may last 6 months, other 8 months, but don't think there should be so big difference (except if you take an ultra undurable or ultra durable rubber).

I didn't like elp personally, but didn't regret playing with it either.

Thanks. The reason why I'm asking because some people in comments stated they last about a month or two. Which is very very short considering the not so low price.

I can't comment on EL-P but I've been using MX-P for the past 1.5 yrs (used over 15 sheets) and it's durability is ok. It lasts around a month but then the boosted effect begins to wear and about a month (playing about an hour every day) or two later the topsheet is worn out. (Some sheets wear out faster and some slower) I've also used MX-S and EL-S and those don't seem to have much (if any) booster and I don't think EL-P has any either. The MX-S and EL-S last for around 3 months easily and even after that they are still quite playable.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
What Zaid said is totally right. Of course you can't expect from any rubber to be the same in the first and in the fifth month. But till the time I was using it was playable.

In addition, if you play 1h each week let's say, it will last longer. For me, there are some months I play 1h per 2 weeks because of working and others playing much more, so I can't comment with precision on the durability. But I've seen there is a lot conversation around durability of evolution series. Others claiming they are quite durable, others the opposite.

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi Note 4 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Older generation rubber tuning seem tp go away like a month or 2. You can really feel the difference.
Then between a mxp vs rakza 7, the Boost from r7 go away faster?, I tried rakza 7 and mxp at same time in a wsc, but the r7 curled down to the sponge, and after that it was horrible trying to stick again the rubber, someone experiencied the same trouble?

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk