PDA

View Full Version : advice for FH rubber please...

reiser
01-20-2019, 08:42 PM
...i have taken my decisions about the blade and the BH rubber and i need help about the FH rubber.
Avalox P-500 with Joola Phyzm-P for my BH.
My current set-up is: Stiga Off Classic with Joola Phyzm-P for FH with Maxxx-P for BH.
My playing style is: i am FH dominant player,i like to open-up attacks against backspin mostly with my FH,i have patience and i like to do some pushing rallies,i prefer to block instead of counter-attack.i like to adapt my strategy to every different opponent.overall i rate my self as allround attacker
My level:intermediate
I am looking for a 47-48 degree hardness spinny FH rubber (and durable)
I am in between these rubbers
1)Stiga Mantra H
2)Andro Rasanter R47
3)Andro Hexer Powergrip
4)Xiom Vega Pro
5)Yasaka Rakza 9
6)Yasaka Rakza X
7)Tibhar MX-S
8)Cornilleau Target Pro GT-H 47
9)Joola Rhyzer 48
10)Nittaku Fastarc G-1
11)Victas V>15 Extra
12)Victas V>01
13)Donic Bluefire M1
14)Gewo Nanoflex FT48
15)any other recommentation?

BryanY
01-20-2019, 08:49 PM
So... what is your goal? Are you looking for increased speed? Spin? Control?

I currently use a Stiga Infinity blade with Rhyzm-P on both sides and I like it. (Infinity is a little faster than the Offensive Classic. ).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reiser
01-20-2019, 08:54 PM
avalox p 500 its not that fast blade.i am looking for something harder then Rhrym-P for extra power and spin

Lightzy
01-20-2019, 08:55 PM
What are you looking for?

Super insane fast like Rakza X?
Very spinny, linear and durable like Vega Pro?

I'd go with Vega Pro 1.8 or something like that for an intermediate player.
Most of those rubbers are very quick, hard to develop technique.

reiser
01-20-2019, 09:00 PM
What are you looking for?

Super insane fast like Rakza X?
Very spinny, linear and durable like Vega Pro?

I'd go with Vega Pro 1.8 or something like that for an intermediate player.
Most of those rubbers are very quick, hard to develop technique.
I am looking for something little harder then the Rhyzm-P that suits well with Avalox P 500

Lightzy
01-20-2019, 09:05 PM
I stand by Vega Pro 1.8

BryanY
01-20-2019, 10:00 PM
I vote Donic Bluestorm Z1 (max).

I haven’t tried it on P500, but I’ve used it on my friend’s OFF- blade and plays nicely. (I also used it on an OFF+ blade and that was a bit too fast for me).

But definitely harder and more spin/power. (47.5 degrees I think).

SpinKing
01-20-2019, 10:46 PM
You have to remember that the faster and spinnier a rubber is there more you will lose out on control.

Personally I would agree with the previous recommendations of Vega Pro, you can't go wrong with it. The control you get despite it being a pretty spinny rubber is crazy and you have more than enough speed to finish a point when the opportunity arises

reiser
01-20-2019, 10:52 PM
You have to remember that the faster and spinnier a rubber is there more you will lose out on control.

Personally I would agree with the previous recommendations of Vega Pro, you can't go wrong with it. The control you get despite it being a pretty spinny rubber is crazy and you have more than enough speed to finish a point when the opportunity arises
ty for your answer.as i said before i am looking for a spinny FH rubber that is 2-3 degrees harder than Rhyzm-P and suits well with avalox P-500.i do no think that spin is necessary less control

SpinKing
01-20-2019, 11:08 PM
ty for your answer.as i said before i am looking for a spinny FH rubber that is 2-3 degrees harder than Rhyzm-P and suits well with avalox P-500.i do no think that spin is necessary less control

Generally with most, not all, rubbers the more spin you can produce the more sensitive they are to the incoming spin.

Vega Pro is a spinny rubber that I would say is perfect for FH. I don't know the hardness of Rhyzm-P, but I would guess that Vega Pro fits the bill of being a few degree harder, but can't be sure without knowing Rhyzm-P hardness.

With regards to a certain rubber suiting well to the avalox P-500 that is utter nonsense, any rubber will suit any blade in the right hands it is subjective, it is all down to your own personal preferences, which at the end of the day only you can answer.

Although, like I said you can't really go wrong with Vega Pro

reiser
01-20-2019, 11:12 PM
Generally with most, not all, rubbers the more spin you can produce the more sensitive they are to the incoming spin.

Vega Pro is a spinny rubber that I would say is perfect for FH. I don't know the hardness of Rhyzm-P, but I would guess that Vega Pro fits the bill of being a few degree harder, but can't be sure without knowing Rhyzm-P hardness.

With regards to a certain rubber suiting well to the avalox P-500 that is utter nonsense, any rubber will suit any blade in the right hands it is subjective, it is all down to your own personal preferences, which at the end of the day only you can answer.

Although, like I said you can't really go wrong with Vega Pro
Rhyzm-P is 45 degrees

SpinKing
01-20-2019, 11:17 PM
Rhyzm-P is 45 degrees
I am almost certain that Vega Pro is 47.5 degrees so it is the few degrees extra hardness that you said you are looking for.

Lightzy
01-20-2019, 11:21 PM
Yeah vega pro is about 47 but it doesn't really feel very hard. The sheet has this gelatinous feel to it.

If you're an intermediate player take 1.8 to begin with, so you have more control and learn the shots better

729B2
01-21-2019, 02:44 AM
vega china? or h3 just ideas

reiser
01-21-2019, 02:27 PM
vega china? or h3 just ideas
thank you.every idea is helping me to make my choise

729B2
01-22-2019, 02:51 AM
Tenergy 05 hard is also can do it

laistrogian
01-22-2019, 04:08 AM
If you have a strong forehand power, fastarc g1 is fantastic

For me it’s the one rubber that replaced tenergy 05

reiser
01-22-2019, 04:10 AM
Ty everyone for your help.
my options are limited now to 4.
1)Xiom Vega Pro (safe option)
2)Andro Hexer Powergrip (spin and some speed)
3)Victas>402 Extra (spin and control)
4)Phyzm-P both sides
any help now?

729B2
01-22-2019, 06:10 AM
Xiom vega Pro

penggao600
01-22-2019, 11:07 AM
backspin mostly

Victas V>401/402

dhyeymehta
01-23-2019, 03:32 PM
Well the most durable balanced and reliable rubber in this list will be Vega pro.its hard u want the rubber it has very good amount of speed, spin and does not lose that much of control and us durable too.

Sent from my COR-AL00 using Tapatalk

yogi_bear
01-23-2019, 06:22 PM
Add Omega V Pro

Ioiettino
01-23-2019, 10:14 PM
It is all well and good speaking in general terms but you also said you tend to favour push rallies quite a bit, so maybe you were onto something with the Victas, and don't need anything crazier than Rhyzm-P? Another way to look at it is, do you generally prefer to take the initiative at the first opportunity (in which case you also need to be honest about your "intermediate" level) or to react to your opponent's play (which can be just as effective, but implies a slightly different approach) and also, do you only use backspin as a safe way to send the ball back or do you actively use it as a means to force errors? It does not have to be all one or the other, but you can start by breaking these and a few more things into percentages and what you are aiming at in the near future, and go from there.

Or just get a Vega Pro 1.8. :-P

JohnS99
01-24-2019, 12:07 AM
I would say try Rakza 7 or X, not 9 ( Very good durability). Mantra H is good for counter-attack not as good in straight up blocking. Donic m1 is ok but JP 01 is better but the durability, if you train often, is like 1-3 months :/. Target pro 47 is ok but better for bh tho and about the Victas I haven't tried but I have heard it ´s not so good for blocking. You have a medium hardness blade so go for harder rubber. GOOD LUCK ;)

reiser
01-24-2019, 02:12 AM
It is all well and good speaking in general terms but you also said you tend to favour push rallies quite a bit, so maybe you were onto something with the Victas, and don't need anything crazier than Rhyzm-P? Another way to look at it is, do you generally prefer to take the initiative at the first opportunity (in which case you also need to be honest about your "intermediate" level) or to react to your opponent's play (which can be just as effective, but implies a slightly different approach) and also, do you only use backspin as a safe way to send the ball back or do you actively use it as a means to force errors? It does not have to be all one or the other, but you can start by breaking these and a few more things into percentages and what you are aiming at in the near future, and go from there.

Or just get a Vega Pro 1.8. :-P
i am honest about my level.i prefer to take the first opportunity but i have quite good push as well.sometimes when i dont feel confintent i will not take that opportunity and i will return short push and wait for the next ball.

reiser
01-24-2019, 02:12 AM
Add Omega V Pro
thank you i was looking for your advice

reiser
01-24-2019, 02:15 AM
I would say try Rakza 7 or X, not 9 ( Very good durability). Mantra H is good for counter-attack not as good in straight up blocking. Donic m1 is ok but JP 01 is better but the durability, if you train often, is like 1-3 months :/. Target pro 47 is ok but better for bh tho and about the Victas I haven't tried but I have heard it ´s not so good for blocking. You have a medium hardness blade so go for harder rubber. GOOD LUCK ;)
thank you John.thats why i am looking for 47-48 hardness degree rubber

yogi_bear
01-24-2019, 09:48 AM
For me Mantra H blocks well because it is not spin sensitive.

reiser
01-24-2019, 06:12 PM
i want to thank EVERYONE who had the interest to help me with his advice.i think that i will take the safest option,vega pro

BryanY
01-24-2019, 06:15 PM
i want to thank EVERYONE who had the interest to help me with his advice.i think that i will take the safest option,vega pro

Which thickness?

Also, I know this thread is about forehand, but what will you go with for backhand?

yoass
01-24-2019, 06:19 PM

Spend the hours having fun and you’ll do just fine!

reiser
01-24-2019, 06:27 PM
i will change position of Rhyzm-P from FH to BH.
2.00 thickness for both rubbers it a safe option.isnt it?