Using hurricane 3 on a very fast carbon blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hi,

I am planning to go back to hurricane 3 after a time of around one year.I was wondering in order to compensate for the loss of speed with hurricane 3 can i use a very fast carbon blade like donic ovtcharov carbospeed?The blade will provide the necessary speed and hurricane 3 can help with spin.Moreover carbospeed has an hinoki outer ply so the dwell time would be good too.What do you guys think?Your thoughts and opinions would be great.

This user has no status.
mmmm i used to think like that. I used to use Jun Mizutani with H3 and the results were poorer than with a clipper and TB ALC with H3. The reason is that a fast blade with low dwell makes it difficult to brush the ball and impart spin. As a result, it was difficult to produce loop kills with tons of top spin to finish points as the ball will leave the blade before you are able to brush the ball well. Low top spin means the ball wont have much kick on the bounce and not being able to brush well makes looping backspin difficult.

A fast blade can compensate for the loss in speed in H3 but there must be a fine balance between being able to brush the ball and having the ball shot off the blade before you can brush it. This will come down to personal ability and I have no experience if the ovtcharov carbospeed is too fast. At least personally for me, the only blade i cant brush well in time with the H3 is the Jun Mizutani. TB ALC, Viscaria and my Xiom Zetro Quad with Kiso Hinoki outer ply are fine. So you have to bit the bullet and get that combo or borrow a friends blade to see if the blade is too fast.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I have used carbospeed before it has medium dwell because of the hinoki outer ply.I have old hurricane 3 will just slap it on and try it.Thanks a lot for your opinion.Really appreciate it.