Dhs Hurricane long V with Hurricane 3 Provincial Orange Sponge

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hi guys,

I am planning to buy DHS Long V blade and slap on an unboosted hurricane 3 Provincial Orange sponge on it on the forehand side. I feel that the unboosted hurricane will be non bouncy and slower and will teach me good footwork and will teach me how to use my legs and body to loop kill the ball.I am planning to buy 39 degrees hardness for hurricane 3.Is this a good idea for the long term to improve my technique?Moreover, I hope it will not be completely unplayable?Would love to hear different thoughts.

Don't really recommend to play unboosted H3.
Boosting not only make the rubber more bouncy and faster, but more importantly, it makes the sponge softer and more control. It may sounds contradict to say it become faster and more controllable at the same time. The key thing is boosting soften the sponge.

For unboosted H3, the sponge will be dead hard. Thus there will be less dwell time, less spin, and less control. In order to loop the same backspin ball, it will require more power and "lifting" for unboosted H3 than boosted H3. Therefore unboosted H3 has less room to adjust and control.

My advice is, try to boostH H3 with Falco Tempo Long Booster, it will soften the sponge but doesn't make it much faster (compare with Seamoon or Kailin). Falco is not the best booster for H3 in my mind as it only soften the sponge but not making it bouncer. But I think in your case, it suits you.

Hi guys,

I am planning to buy DHS Long V blade and slap on an unboosted hurricane 3 Provincial Orange sponge on it on the forehand side. I feel that the unboosted hurricane will be non bouncy and slower and will teach me good footwork and will teach me how to use my legs and body to loop kill the ball.I am planning to buy 39 degrees hardness for hurricane 3.Is this a good idea for the long term to improve my technique?Moreover, I hope it will not be completely unplayable?Would love to hear different thoughts.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Which is the best booster for hurricane?And how long does the effect last?
Don't really recommend to play unboosted H3.
Boosting not only make the rubber more bouncy and faster, but more importantly, it makes the sponge softer and more control. It may sounds contradict to say it become faster and more controllable at the same time. The key thing is boosting soften the sponge.

For unboosted H3, the sponge will be dead hard. Thus there will be less dwell time, less spin, and less control. In order to loop the same backspin ball, it will require more power and "lifting" for unboosted H3 than boosted H3. Therefore unboosted H3 has less room to adjust and control.

My advice is, try to boostH H3 with Falco Tempo Long Booster, it will soften the sponge but doesn't make it much faster (compare with Seamoon or Kailin). Falco is not the best booster for H3 in my mind as it only soften the sponge but not making it bouncer. But I think in your case, it suits you.

This user has no status.
I use that combination (unboosted) and you really need to use your body to generate any real speed, so if your goal is to force yourself to use more of your body in your strokes, it's pretty good. I'm always told my balls are really slow, though. You'll have carbon in yours, I think. So that might help with a little more speed at the cost of some control.

I never used a non-hurricane forehand (except for a few hits) so I can't say if it would have been better to go the regular rubber route.

When I went to China, all the little kids used Hurricane, too. And some of them could hit the ball pretty damn fast. That said, they all boost.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Pass up on boosting. Those chemicals will shorten your life.

Just play with the rubber for a couple of weeks and it'll soften on its own

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Is boosting with one layer of falco good enough to make it lively?

In my experience 1 layer of falco is not even close enough to make chinese rubbers lively (Tried on Hurricane Provincial Blue sponge, DianChi D)

buy Seamoon 100ml, it is pretty cheap, round 18$ + shipping

In my case:
I use 1 layer of Seamoon on DianChi D when rubber is new
After 4 weeks I put 2 more layers

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
In my experience 1 layer of falco is not even close enough to make chinese rubbers lively (Tried on Hurricane Provincial Blue sponge, DianChi D)

My experience with falco: 1 layer is ok to shorten the break in time (softeneing the sponge while playing). 2 layers make the rubber softer, but not livelier. For me, the rubber felt mushy with 2 layers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Are chinese boosters like haifu, lidu and dianchi more powerful than falco for hurricane 3? So in order to get the same effect we need to apply more layers of falco? Is that true?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
So how many layers of falco do you use now for the perfect effect?And what hardness rubber do you use?
My experience with falco: 1 layer is ok to shorten the break in time (softeneing the sponge while playing). 2 layers make the rubber softer, but not livelier. For me, the rubber felt mushy with 2 layers.

Last edited:
Yes, Haifu (Seamoon), Kailin is more powerful than falco. Not matter how many layer of Falco you applied, you won't get the same effect as Haifu

Are chinese boosters like haifu, lidu and dianchi more powerful than falco for hurricane 3? So in order to get the same effect we need to apply more layers of falco? Is that true?

Reactions: matzreenzi