PDA

View Full Version : Dhs Hurricane long V with Hurricane 3 Provincial Orange Sponge

guni4you
01-24-2019, 09:38 PM
Hi guys,

I am planning to buy DHS Long V blade and slap on an unboosted hurricane 3 Provincial Orange sponge on it on the forehand side. I feel that the unboosted hurricane will be non bouncy and slower and will teach me good footwork and will teach me how to use my legs and body to loop kill the ball.I am planning to buy 39 degrees hardness for hurricane 3.Is this a good idea for the long term to improve my technique?Moreover, I hope it will not be completely unplayable?Would love to hear different thoughts.

Lightzy
01-24-2019, 10:34 PM
It'll be fine

mart1nandersson
01-24-2019, 10:49 PM
I guess that it depends on your ambition level but it's probably a good idea to find a Chinese coach if you want to go down that route.

BiGuang
01-25-2019, 12:03 AM
Is a tensor rubber good for the backhand on a Long 5?

G_ZHANG
01-25-2019, 12:51 AM
Don't really recommend to play unboosted H3.
Boosting not only make the rubber more bouncy and faster, but more importantly, it makes the sponge softer and more control. It may sounds contradict to say it become faster and more controllable at the same time. The key thing is boosting soften the sponge.

For unboosted H3, the sponge will be dead hard. Thus there will be less dwell time, less spin, and less control. In order to loop the same backspin ball, it will require more power and "lifting" for unboosted H3 than boosted H3. Therefore unboosted H3 has less room to adjust and control.

My advice is, try to boostH H3 with Falco Tempo Long Booster, it will soften the sponge but doesn't make it much faster (compare with Seamoon or Kailin). Falco is not the best booster for H3 in my mind as it only soften the sponge but not making it bouncer. But I think in your case, it suits you.

Hi guys,

I am planning to buy DHS Long V blade and slap on an unboosted hurricane 3 Provincial Orange sponge on it on the forehand side. I feel that the unboosted hurricane will be non bouncy and slower and will teach me good footwork and will teach me how to use my legs and body to loop kill the ball.I am planning to buy 39 degrees hardness for hurricane 3.Is this a good idea for the long term to improve my technique?Moreover, I hope it will not be completely unplayable?Would love to hear different thoughts.

guni4you
01-25-2019, 01:33 AM
Which is the best booster for hurricane?And how long does the effect last?
Don't really recommend to play unboosted H3.
Boosting not only make the rubber more bouncy and faster, but more importantly, it makes the sponge softer and more control. It may sounds contradict to say it become faster and more controllable at the same time. The key thing is boosting soften the sponge.

For unboosted H3, the sponge will be dead hard. Thus there will be less dwell time, less spin, and less control. In order to loop the same backspin ball, it will require more power and "lifting" for unboosted H3 than boosted H3. Therefore unboosted H3 has less room to adjust and control.

My advice is, try to boostH H3 with Falco Tempo Long Booster, it will soften the sponge but doesn't make it much faster (compare with Seamoon or Kailin). Falco is not the best booster for H3 in my mind as it only soften the sponge but not making it bouncer. But I think in your case, it suits you.

G_ZHANG
01-25-2019, 01:35 AM
Seamoon and Kailin.

Best effect within the first 2 weeks. Still playable till 4-6 weeks.

Which is the best booster for hurricane?And how long does the effect last?

guni4you
01-25-2019, 01:37 AM
Moreover is Dianchi good?

guni4you
01-25-2019, 01:38 AM
Where can I buy these from ?
Seamoon and Kailin.

Best effect within the first 2 weeks. Still playable till 4-6 weeks.

mickd
01-25-2019, 01:54 AM
I use that combination (unboosted) and you really need to use your body to generate any real speed, so if your goal is to force yourself to use more of your body in your strokes, it's pretty good. I'm always told my balls are really slow, though. You'll have carbon in yours, I think. So that might help with a little more speed at the cost of some control.

I never used a non-hurricane forehand (except for a few hits) so I can't say if it would have been better to go the regular rubber route.

When I went to China, all the little kids used Hurricane, too. And some of them could hit the ball pretty damn fast. That said, they all boost.

Lightzy
01-25-2019, 02:24 AM
Pass up on boosting. Those chemicals will shorten your life.

Just play with the rubber for a couple of weeks and it'll soften on its own

guni4you
01-25-2019, 04:33 AM
Is boosting with one layer of falco good enough to make it lively?

yogi_bear
01-25-2019, 10:14 AM
Falco is ok and is more gentle. I usually use 3 layers of falco with H3.

fanoftt
01-25-2019, 11:54 AM
Is boosting with one layer of falco good enough to make it lively?

In my experience 1 layer of falco is not even close enough to make chinese rubbers lively (Tried on Hurricane Provincial Blue sponge, DianChi D)

buy Seamoon 100ml, it is pretty cheap, round 18$ + shipping

In my case:
I use 1 layer of Seamoon on DianChi D when rubber is new
After 4 weeks I put 2 more layers

amoc
01-25-2019, 01:43 PM
In my experience 1 layer of falco is not even close enough to make chinese rubbers lively (Tried on Hurricane Provincial Blue sponge, DianChi D)

My experience with falco: 1 layer is ok to shorten the break in time (softeneing the sponge while playing). 2 layers make the rubber softer, but not livelier. For me, the rubber felt mushy with 2 layers.

729B2
01-25-2019, 02:12 PM
hasn't been proven to lessen life span possible yes but possible interesting thought,
Lidu is another alternative

RidTheKid
01-25-2019, 07:08 PM
Haifu black oil

guni4you
01-25-2019, 10:35 PM
Are chinese boosters like haifu, lidu and dianchi more powerful than falco for hurricane 3? So in order to get the same effect we need to apply more layers of falco? Is that true?

guni4you
01-25-2019, 10:36 PM
So how many layers of falco do you use now for the perfect effect?And what hardness rubber do you use?
My experience with falco: 1 layer is ok to shorten the break in time (softeneing the sponge while playing). 2 layers make the rubber softer, but not livelier. For me, the rubber felt mushy with 2 layers.

G_ZHANG
01-25-2019, 11:27 PM
Yes, Haifu (Seamoon), Kailin is more powerful than falco. Not matter how many layer of Falco you applied, you won't get the same effect as Haifu

Are chinese boosters like haifu, lidu and dianchi more powerful than falco for hurricane 3? So in order to get the same effect we need to apply more layers of falco? Is that true?

729B2
01-26-2019, 04:26 AM
yes they are alot more powerful found 1 or 2 layers more then enough for lidu gold , i tryed the rest they seem to lack something , kailin = haifu black it seems (imo)

guni4you
01-27-2019, 06:04 AM
Do i need to remove the protective sheet on the topsheet?Or does it not make a difference?I dont want to remove it as i think it might get dirty or might lose the tack.Any thoughts?

G_ZHANG
01-27-2019, 07:20 AM
You don't need to remove during boosting. You can remove it before gluing to the blade

Do i need to remove the protective sheet on the topsheet?Or does it not make a difference?I dont want to remove it as i think it might get dirty or might lose the tack.Any thoughts?

Kolev
01-27-2019, 08:42 AM
I hate the idea of using unboosted Hurricane3 or TG3. I use FTL and don't count the layers, just watch out for the dome. Sometimes 1 layer turns the rubber into durum, but often even after 3 layers the rubber barely domes

RidTheKid
01-27-2019, 10:36 AM
Certainly logical, but you need less layers if you use stronger solution like Haifu. 1-2 layers is always enough.

I hate the idea of using unboosted Hurricane3 or TG3. I use FTL and don't count the layers, just watch out for the dome. Sometimes 1 layer turns the rubber into durum, but often even after 3 layers the rubber barely domes

guni4you
01-29-2019, 05:54 PM
I have boosted my hurricane 3 using 2 layers of falco. The second layer is dry now.Should I apply third layer or is the dome enough for the rubber to get softer and faster.Need your thoughts.

Lightzy
01-29-2019, 07:32 PM
Don't overdo it. You have to be careful about boosting much because it can cause issues with proper gluing. The rubber can refuse to stay in place and you have to check the edges very carefully and put weights on it and everything.
Not to mention it might just mush up the sponge too much.

No need for more boosting.

Also don't boost it's unhealthy and illegal.

guni4you
01-30-2019, 12:37 AM
How many days should i wait before glueing it to my blade?

Lightzy
01-30-2019, 01:42 AM
overnight is enough. If it's already domed like that it's probably ready.

guni4you
01-30-2019, 01:45 AM
Is it okay to glue rubber when it is curved like that?Wont it come off?
overnight is enough. If it's already domed like that it's probably ready.

Lightzy
01-30-2019, 02:09 AM
Glue it properly, dry the glue properly, roll the rubber onto the blade carefully to avoid any air bubbles, put heavy weights to cover it (like a few heavy books) and let it sit for a while.

There is always the chance that it won't work properly. When you check it tomorrow check the edges first, if the edges are properly glued then you're probably fine.

guni4you
01-30-2019, 02:39 AM
Thanks a lot.I glued it properly using a roller and i kept 3-4 books on it.Will keep it like that for around 14-15 hours and then play with it in the evening.Everything looks ok.Thanks again.
Glue it properly, dry the glue properly, roll the rubber onto the blade carefully to avoid any air bubbles, put heavy weights to cover it (like a few heavy books) and let it sit for a while.

There is always the chance that it won't work properly. When you check it tomorrow check the edges first, if the edges are properly glued then you're probably fine.

Lightzy
01-30-2019, 02:52 AM
Thanks a lot.I glued it properly using a roller and i kept 3-4 books on it.Will keep it like that for around 14-15 hours and then play with it in the evening.Everything looks ok.Thanks again.

You're very welcome friend.
Check to see the edges are properly glued especially. If the edges start coming off the whole thing will be coming off.

guni4you
01-30-2019, 02:56 AM
When i glued i checked the edges they looked okay.Think it would be perfect by tomorrow.Lets see.
You're very welcome friend.
Check to see the edges are properly glued especially. If the edges start coming off the whole thing will be coming off.

yogi_bear
01-30-2019, 03:26 AM
Probably stop there then wait. For 2 to 3 days for the dome to flatten a bit.

guni4you
01-30-2019, 03:27 AM
I already glued the rubber to my blade now :(
Probably stop there then wait. For 2 to 3 days for the dome to flatten a bit.

donmarcus
01-30-2019, 10:28 AM
hello, I am marcus dietz, the CEO of scanland and dietz immigration services here in london.we have corporate offices in ontario canada,dallas texas , dubai and australia

guni4you
01-30-2019, 07:37 PM
Do I need to cover my hurricane 3 with the protective sheet after playing even though i will be putting my racket in my racket case?

Suga D
01-30-2019, 08:13 PM
Do I need to cover my hurricane 3 with the protective sheet after playing even though i will be putting my racket in my racket case?

Sure, if you want the tackiness to remain long, but clean off the collected dust before.

guni4you
01-30-2019, 08:19 PM
Does it make a considerable difference? What if i clean it and dont use the protective sheet?Will the life of the tackiness decrease considerably?
Sure, if you want the tackiness to remain long, but clean off the collected dust before.

Suga D
01-31-2019, 06:54 AM
Does it make a considerable difference? What if i clean it and dont use the protective sheet?Will the life of the tackiness decrease considerably?

Yes, the tackiness will wear off much quicker. Some people like to reduce the tack and don't use protective covers though.

Lightzy
01-31-2019, 09:24 AM
If you use a plastic sheet to cover after you clean, a hard chinese rubber will last you upwards of a year easily. It'll even get better after a while like wine.

Unless of course if u boost which shortens its lifespan but still. Covering is important

yogi_bear
01-31-2019, 09:38 AM
Plastic covers help avoid the rubbers from drying (chinese)

729B2
01-31-2019, 11:32 AM
or gladwrap

Yung-Zion
02-07-2019, 08:24 PM
I play hurricane 3 neo commercial rubbers, what will change if i boost them ? is boosting legal ? do all the pro players boost?
and do boost tenergy 05 too?

G_ZHANG
02-07-2019, 09:17 PM
It will be softer and thus more control. Boosting is a grey area. Nearly all Hurricane 3 pro users boosts. Acturally, "Neo" means factory boosted version Hurricane 3. So even you don't put any booster on it, it is still like half-boosted. Some people like to boost it more.

Tenergy doesn't need to boost

I play hurricane 3 neo commercial rubbers, what will change if i boost them ? is boosting legal ? do all the pro players boost?
and do boost tenergy 05 too?