Question about blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Natural drying is a long process and takes years.

Exactly.... with little exceptions.

That's also a reason why people love the old STIGA blades so much (speaking of the OG, not meaning the OSPalatinus, which are also very good and popular)
The feeling these old blades provide is unrivaled.

The exception for this long drying process is a new way of vaccuum room drying which allows to dry wood at relatively low temperatures.
You might have heard of the Donic Burn series. A few other companies use that drying technique as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: dominus7
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
What about the top ply getting softer due to the water on the water based glue on a non sealed blade? Doesn't that happen?

yeah good question im now wondering about that also

Hmmmm.
You might have a point, but the artist (a real blade magician) who repaired a blade for me told me a trick: he uses shellac and that stuff works like a charm.
It doesn't stiffen the blade, it doesn't really harden your blade, actually it doesn't change the blade's properties at all, unlike what plenty other sealants do, especially polyurethan if you use a teeny bit too much.

All that shellac does is protect it!

But once your blade is sealed, i think your worries can be generously overlooked, since most of the "water" from the wbg evaporates while drying, or what do you think makes the glue change from white to translucent crystalclear while drying?
[Emoji6]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Hmmmm.
You might have a point, but the artist (a real blade magician) who repaired a blade for me told me a trick: he uses shellac and that stuff works like a charm.
It doesn't stiffen the blade, it doesn't really harden your blade, actually it doesn't change the blade's properties at all, unlike what plenty other sealants do, especially polyurethan if you use a teeny bit too much.

All that shellac does is protect it!

But once your blade is sealed, i think your worries can be generously overlooked, since most of the "water" from the wbg evaporates while drying, or what do you think makes the glue change from white to translucent crystalclear while drying?
[Emoji6]

ahh thats the answer iv been looking for i want to soften my forehand a little so it does have longer dwell time then at the moment coz once my w968 did that i loved the blade ever sence

Reactions: Suga D