Hurricane Long or Hurricane King

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think the Hurricane King is the same basic wood composition as a Stiga Offensive Classic. Not that different. I think the Avalox P-500 is almost the same, just a different outer ply (Koto on the P-500 Limba on the Offensive Classic and the Hurricane King).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
What Carl Horowitz said is true. The Hurricane King is basic a copy of the Stiga Offensive Classic. Perhaps the Hurricane King has some of the same properties as the Stiga Rosewood as he played with.

A comparison of the Hurricane Long and Hurricane King are in my two different things. The Hurricane long is with 2 fiber layers and the Hurricane King is all wood.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What Carl Horowitz said is true. The Hurricane King is basic a copy of the Stiga Offensive Classic. Perhaps the Hurricane King has some of the same properties as the Stiga Rosewood as he played with.

A comparison of the Hurricane Long and Hurricane King are in my two different things. The Hurricane long is with 2 fiber layers and the Hurricane King is all wood.

Makes sense. Rosewood V NCT's plies are: Rosewood-Spruce-Ayous-Spruce-Rosewood

Only difference again is the outer ply.

The Hurricane Long I don't know about. I would love to hear how it plays.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Now I tried to play with both blades and these are my impressions of them.

Hurricane King: (FH:Hurricane 3, BH:Tenergy 05 FX).
As you probably already know the Hurricane King is a 5 ply All-wood blade ((koto/spruce/ayous/spruce/koto) I think this is the composition). It is a nice blade with a great finish and the handle (flare) is great for my hand and it's not to long. The first I noticed was it sounded very stiff when hitting the ball, but it isn't too fast. IMO DHS maybe overrated it to be OFF++ rather than in between (ALL+ - OFF). It has a good feel and gives you a lot of dwell time for topspins. Furthermore it has a lot of control and is good in short game. Mid-distance I felt a lack of power (maybe it's my technique), but I could easily get the ball on table.

Overall the Hurricane King is a good blade if you like to play close to the table and like to open with a spinny loop.

Hurricane Long: (FH:Hurricane 3, BH:Tenergy 05).
The Hurricane Long is a 7 ply composite blade with the composition (top ply/Acrylate-carbon/?/core/?/Acrylate-carbon/top ply). It is also a nice blade with a great finish like as the Hurricane King and the handle (Straight) is great for my hand and it's not to long and the thickness square and big. The blade is very stiff and fast, but it still has a good feel for a composite blade. The blade doesn't give you a lot of dwell time for topspins as the Hurricane King. IMO it's still reasonable. In short game you have to struggle a bit not to hit the ball too much. In the Mid-distance game the Hurricane Long showed it's force and I felt it was easy to produce fast topspins with good control.

Overall the Hurricane Long is a blade for a you if you like to play away from the table and in blocking game as well

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
How about the new Hurricane King III? I'm kinda curious:) Carbon or all wood? Some say it has carbon.

Hey Azlan.

The Hurricane King 3 is a 7 ply Fiberglass-Carbon blade. I think it is rated slightly slower than Hurricane Long, but unfortunately I don't recall where I read it.... :(