Glueing table tennis rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hi,

I am gonna assemble new rubbers on my blade.Do i need to remove the old glue from the blade?And how should i do it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Thanks.What will happen if i glue the rubber when the old glue is still a little bit on the blade?

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Thanks.What will happen if i glue the rubber when the old glue is still a little bit on the blade?

You may have an uneven gluing of the rubber, bumps, bubbles, and your shot will be completely ****ed up.

I remove old glue using a little piece of rubber or something like that. Your fingers can get sweaty and not remove the glue residue properly.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
No purpose with glueing new rubbers if you do not Do it properly i think. Almost like a waste of new rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
does it make a difference if i apply 2 or 3 layers of glue on the rubber and 2 layers of glue on the blade?

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
does it make a difference if i apply 2 or 3 layers of glue on the rubber and 2 layers of glue on the blade?

Yes, you'll most likely get uneven layers and mess your shit up.

Just do one layer on blade, one layer on rubber, use a fan to dry it until it's completely dry to the touch and glue. You'll be a-ok.

Just make sore to carefully roll out the rubber onto the blade and not just drop it on there or you'll get bubbles etc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
There are many videos on how to glue a racket. Try to watch them!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
Here is one video, if you need it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBVgYVcCVH8

Usually the glueing process is not too hard, just make sure that you distribute the glue evenly on both the sponge and racket. On the racket, make sure that there is glue all the way at the edge, so you do not leave dead spots with less adhesion. Also be fairly quick when you distribute the glue. It dries pretty fast and if you are not careful you may get lumps. Sure you can just remove it if this happens and start all over again, but it is messy ;)

I actually do not like the cutting process. Even after doing it so many times, it is still weird cutting expensive rubbers. Just make sure that you cut flush with the racket edge, do not tilt the scissors or cutting knife. Otherwise you may risk no overhang at all with an "inwards" edge. IMHO it is better to have a tiny overhang for protection.

Besides this, I have given up on cutting a nice edge. It gets jarred anyway, either with scissors or a sharp Swann-Morton knife. I know it doesn't matter, just a mild OCD ;) I find sharp textile scissors the easiest option.

Reactions: Suga D