Advice for getting used to new rubber.

This user has no status.
Afternoon all

I recently upgraded my palio cj8000 rubbers and unknown cheap blade to a new DHS pg7 with donic coppa both sides.

My forehand is way better now and I feel in improving in all areas but one... I used to play a lot of backhand and my favourite shot was the bh drive. I could get a lot of snap on it and right handed players in my league really struggled to return it.

Using my new donic coppa I don't have the same snap or speed and seem to net a lot due to lower throw angle im guessing.

My dilemma is do I go switch my bh to palio again or do I persist with the coppa and try to relearn the skill?

Reactions: Atas Newton
This user has no status.
It’s possible that the Coppa rubber has a harder sponge. That would mean that you would need more impact (or whip) on your swing to engage the sponge.

I also started out with a pre-assembled Palio paddle from Amazon. The CJ8000 rubber used a 36-38 degree sponge which is really soft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Beastwood
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think you need to give the rubber a chance for some months first, like the Guy above me suggested. I also think that you Do not really relearn your stroke But more Do minor suggestions like trying to accelerate more or looping mor upwards or Maybe open the angle of the racket. I think you Will adjust to it, as long as you try to change a little if you put the ball in the net to many Times.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi