Leszek Kucharski teaches a backhand

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Cool training! The coach seems to be good, nice feeling and all of your backhans is great. I think that both of you could try to have you elbow more in front of the body, so you can use the forearm and wrist a little more. I feel that if the elbow is more back the stroke become little more of a pushing motion were you do not use the forearm and wrist so much. But all coaches and players focus on different stuff, but in my opinion it is very important to have the elbow somewhat more in front of the body.

says https://youtu.be/8iiMdDFbcWg
says https://youtu.be/8iiMdDFbcWg
Sep 2017
Read 15 reviews
Cool training! The coach seems to be good, nice feeling and all of your backhans is great. I think that both of you could try to have you elbow more in front of the body, so you can use the forearm and wrist a little more. I feel that if the elbow is more back the stroke become little more of a pushing motion were you do not use the forearm and wrist so much. But all coaches and players focus on different stuff, but in my opinion it is very important to have the elbow somewhat more in front of the body.

You do not know Leszek Kucharski. See these matches:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Wow. I saw him play when I was young, admired him greatly (still do) and to my mind he was 20 years my senior.
Not so! He would have been 75 now if that were true.

He's still in good shape I believe and gives lessons as far as I know in Gdańsk ... : )
There was this National training center for junior girls in Cracow few years ago and Leszek was the main coach, so me and my colleges made friends with him. He used to give us those multiball training sessions just like the one on the video. Memorable moments for me, his observations and suggestions were always on spot. Really liked his in-depth understanding of the game ...

Reactions: Suga D and yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
I don’ speak polish, but I think he told her to not to block, but spin the ball over the table instead.

It was more about taking the proper swing with the forearm and not only the wrist. Hope I did it correctly, because the explanation was really good. Do you guys know how long the review process usually takes on the yt community? The vid was not mine, so it has to be reviewed ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
What happend to Polish table tennis?Where are new Grubba,Kucharski ,Blaszcyk

Yeah ... nothing flashy since them : ) Daniel Górak was the leader of the NT for a while and was our hope, since he had good results in his juniors. He kept with the top of Europe throughout his seniors. Dyjas made actually great result during EC 2016 and now his team mates are Hugo, Gauzy and Woojin ... so great "training partners" for development ...

On the Women side I think we are very happy with Natalka Partyka. Even being physically impaired she fights on equal terms with the top of Europe and Asian girls ... great result this Top 16. I think she plays the same club as Renata Stribikova.

... yeah, but still no "supernova" since the age of Grubba, Leszek or ... Korbel ... :)

@ps ... Wait, wait a second ... I got myself thinking about those born in the Country. Jezz ... Li Qian Alicante 2018 EC - gold ... : )

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 6 reviews
Well, Maciej Kubik won Cadet Boys Singles Event at the 2018 STAG European Youth Championships. #81 U18, #92 U21.
He is playing in polish super league (at the age of 15) and his half year older teammate Samuel Kulczycki is #9 U18, #82 U21.

I think they might make pretty nice team with Dyjas in the future.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Well, Maciej Kubik won Cadet Boys Singles Event at the 2018 STAG European Youth Championships. #81 U18, #92 U21.
He is playing in polish super league (at the age of 15) and his half year older teammate Samuel Kulczycki is #9 U18 [...]

I mostly follow Women Division ... Maciek Kubik 15 yo, I heard Harimoto saying this is a good age to play tt ; )

Yeah there are promising talents throughout the Europe too. Hope, this new wave will bring more balance to the force between the West and their Asian counterparts ...