Which long pips has caused you the most trouble and why

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Slow ones. Were pushblockers can keep the ball very low most of the time. Do not know any names. Do know that many use spinlord dornenglanz and death metal TT.

Almost more difficult to play medium pips or short pips with No grip. The ball behaves very strange sometimes.

says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
+1 on spinlord dornenglanz. A friend plays inverted FH with good FH loop and he uses dornenglanz ox on BH and it's quite deceptive

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Slow ones. Were pushblockers can keep the ball very low most of the time.
Yes, but this is more a matter of the pushblocker's skill. There are many LP 0X rubbers that have very good spin reversal.
I said this in another thread, the trick is to have the high point of the trajectory occur as the ball passes over the net. This will result in the lowest bounce. This requires experience on the push blocker's part. Usually the push blocker wants to block off the bounce for maximum spin reversal but blocking the ball just off the bounce so it is still rising as it goes over the net is not good. The ball will bounce high and be loop bait.

Almost more difficult to play medium pips or short pips with No grip. The ball behaves very strange sometimes.
SPs tend to scrub the spin off of balls. I think it is more the change in style of play the SP or MP must use to be successful. SP players play close to the table hit the ball early so one doesn't get much time to react. They also can achieve wider angles than loopers hitting back from the table. I have never noticed strange behavior from any SP except for Peacekeeper 0X.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Yes, but this is more a matter of the pushblocker's skill. There are many LP 0X rubbers that have very good spin reversal.
I said this in another thread, the trick is to have the high point of the trajectory occur as the ball passes over the net. This will result in the lowest bounce. This requires experience on the push blocker's part. Usually the push blocker wants to block off the bounce for maximum spin reversal but blocking the ball just off the bounce so it is still rising as it goes over the net is not good. The ball will bounce high and be loop bait.

SPs tend to scrub the spin off of balls. I think it is more the change in style of play the SP or MP must use to be successful. SP players play close to the table hit the ball early so one doesn't get much time to react. They also can achieve wider angles than loopers hitting back from the table. I have never noticed strange behavior from any SP except for Peacekeeper 0X.

Maybe you have only played Short pimple rubbers with grip. Short pimple without grip and medium pips is very good for nasty blocks, and they are good to move the opponent back and forth. A long pimple with almost no friction that pushblockers often use is much more predictable i think, since the spin is always the opposite, so you as a player against them is always in charge i think. You decide what will happen.

Reactions: 7sagittarius7