2019 Portugal Open Feb 13-17

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
For me, I will be interested to watch Liu Shiwen take on the entire Japanese Tier 2 National Team (Sato Hitomi, Shibata Saki, Hashimoto Honoka, Hina Hayata, Kato Miyu, Odo Satsuki, Mori Sakura) which is almost like a repeat of Thailand Open 2018. Not sure if LSW's colleagues will be able to stop any of the aforementioned but Hu Limei, Li Jiayuan, Zhang Binyue and Yang Huijing might prove helpful.

On the men's side, I'm actually rooting for Samsonov to win. Ovidiu Ionescu is a wildcard IMO too.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
It was curious to see Liu Shiwen - Hayata Hina in the final ...Unfortunately, the probability of this is very small ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Main Draw published ...
Already in R-16, Liu Shiwen and Hayata Hina can meet theoretically .....

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Main Draw published ...
Already in R-16, Liu Shiwen and Hayata Hina can meet theoretically .....

Yes, I imagine this would be a watershed moment (if it does happen) for both players ahead of the upcoming WTTC. LSW who is trying to regain her form/confidence and Hayata eager to perform and prove that she is of Tier 1 calibre.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Yes, I imagine this would be a watershed moment (if it does happen) for both players ahead of the upcoming WTTC. LSW who is trying to regain her form/confidence and Hayata eager to perform and prove that she is of Tier 1 calibre.

I agree...
Hayata Hina has a bad position in the current ITTF ranking ...And noticeable deductions of old bonuses for March 2018 are coming ahead ...In the ranking of the rating for April 2019,she may be in the 5-th ten ....
As part of the women's team of Japan in Qatar Open it is not yet ....

This user has no status.
Just having one eye on the Portugal Open, Gavin Rumgay table two to be staged. Wasn't he in the "Ping Pong" business too, last or this year?

He enters the world series of ping pong almost every year. Takes a bit of time out for it. Same for Andrew Baggaley who also plays ITTF events.

Reactions: Suga D and jawien

NDH

says Spin to win!
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
I checked it out of the curiosity, to see how the Chinese players are performing against the rest of the World in the preliminaries (don't know really why I've chosen the CNT ; ) So far they seem to be doing ok, they are winning probably about 23 to nada/null/zip/niente/0 ... :confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: lukyancheg
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
UPD:

the Chinese have just lost the first match of the tournament.

WD Preliminary Round 1 KUAI Man / WU Yangchen CHN - HUANG Hsin / HUANG Yu-Chiao TPE 1:3

Congrats rest of world! ))

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Who are all these Chinese players? I haven't heard most of them, and I watch a lot of Chinese Super League.
Anyways, I'm interested to see how Lin Gaoyuan, Liang Jingkun, and Wang Chuqin perform in the main draw. Idk why Lin Gaoyuan and Liu Shiwen even bothered entering this tournament. Their rankings are definitely high enough already.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Who are all these Chinese players? I haven't heard most of them, and I watch a lot of Chinese Super League.
Anyways, I'm interested to see how Lin Gaoyuan, Liang Jingkun, and Wang Chuqin perform in the main draw. Idk why Lin Gaoyuan and Liu Shiwen even bothered entering this tournament. Their rankings are definitely high enough already.

Myabe it's calculated in the context of their future schedule?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018

Not sure about LGY, LJK and WCQ but LSW chose to remain in this Challenge after her colleagues (Chen Meng, Wang Manyu) withdrew because she wants to build up her confidence again after not winning a title for almost six months. Aside from a stagnant international performance for the second half of 2018, she didn't do very well in the recently concluded Chinese TT Super League either which is supposed to be her forte.