My National H3 and Skyline 3 Blue Sponge

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Well I've now tried Skyline 3 and H3 Blue Sponge National. I've also tried the H3 Neo National versions and what I can say about them compared to the Neo Commercial versions is that they are so much more consistent. Your shots are just much better with them. The Blue Sponge versions are hands down the best out currently. They propel the ball better and put loads of spin on shots. I put my H3 BS on my Yiyong Fan Extra Blade which is rated at All + and it played shots that I don't even get from my Off to Off- blades with H# commercial. Just a very consistent rubber. Skyline 3 BS is on my Penhold blade and man does it pop. It's clear that Skyline is the fastest of the group. Skyline 2 I'm sure is the spinniest, but the slowest of the three, but still not a slow rubber in general. H3 BS is somewhere in between the two skylines. It doesn't quite have the same pop as the Sky 3, but it does seem to have a finer balance between the two.

I recommend any of these rubbers at the National levels whether Blue Sponge or Neo as you'll just have better more consistent shots than the Commercial versions. I though H3 Neo was so great even at the Commercial levels and they are a great bang for your buck, but the National versions are just so much better.

If I could compare to other rubbers I would say the difference between Tenergy 05 and Skyline 3 BS isn't that big. T05 in my opinion is not nearly as consistent. I think Skyline 3 may be a touch faster, but can produce just as much spin, but don't forget the short game. T64 may be faster, but Sky 3 definitely produces more spin. H3 BS Has about the same amount of speed as T05, but is a touch slower. It probably has the same amount of spin as T64, but is much slower.

All I can say is that I can't wait to get some more rubbers from my buddy. It'll definitely be the better rubber choice over Commercial.

Also please don't let this discourage you from buying the Commercial versions. Chances are you'll have the same characteristics as the National versions, but just expect a bit less consistency. What will happen is that you'll miss certain shots because of lack of technique or what have you, but at the National versions you are less likely to miss them. I think that if you go Commercial first for technique's sake you can't lose, but if you can get your hands on National versionis it would be well worth the investment to upgrade.

Videos and pics will be up shortly. Going to really get some good shots at club tomorrow.

Photo of Hurricane 3 with Blue Sponge with video

IMG_20120112_181835.jpg

Photo of Skyline 3 Blue Sponge with video

IMG_20120112_182038.jpg

Hope this all helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan
I currently have the skyline 3 BS ...AND I WOULD say that its really better than the commercial ones :)))
It has more advantage when it comes to power...

This user has no status.
Mr. Richard you are not paying $144 for each sheet of those rubbers that you are getting??' Are you???

has anyone tried the sponge of an old Tenergy with the topsheet of an H3 just for experimental purposes'????? I guess it would be different than the Palio Thors which I have never tried... It just happened through my mind.. What would it be like???:cool:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
I didn't pay that much for those rubbers. You have to be careful with some of those sites though. Mostly as far as I know only Dealers are allowed to sell those rubbers because DHS personally tunes the rubbers for the Chinese National Teams. If you buy the 21 blue sponge rubbers from a non Dealer I don't think it's the National version.

You can really tell the topsheet is National because the commercial versions leave ball marks on the topsheet. National versions don't leave marks after you wipe away with water or vapor.

I'll have some video and pics up soon. Hopefully I'll get them up tomorrow.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I live in Korea and sometimes go to Nexy's HQ. Last summer, I bought Skyline 3 Neo for a little under USD $20. Pretty sure it wasn't national version. It worked great as a BH rubber, yet it could serve on FH in an emergency. I have a very picky preference for FH rubber.

Skyline NEO blue sponge and the other sponge both retail for a little over USD $20 at his tak9.com website.

I have since moved on to Tibhar Aurus and Stiga Calibra LT and either rubber will work on either wing.

This user has no status.
Yep this is exacly the one that i bought.....
It came with a white package with a symbol like the sticker in the lower part of DICI'S posted picture :)

Thanks I will keep in mind what you said... I was going to buy that one but then I said first I will just buy some commercial ones to see how they work... So by the time I buy TG3 with BS I expect I will be able to get the most out of that rubber...:D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Yo guys, I am really really interrested at this Blue Sponge Rubber. So is nice to read! I really would like to have one of those too, but there is no Blue Sponge rubber in Europe :(
Anyway, as I understood the Commercial Rubber has 8 edges, Provincial has 6 edges and the National 4 edges, is that correct? Is there any way to get the Hurricane 3 NEO Blue Sponge National Version except flying to china?
I searched alot in the internet, but I really don't find this rubber. for sure alot of blue sponge dhs, but not this one.

greets

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Yo guys, I am really really interrested at this Blue Sponge Rubber. So is nice to read! I really would like to have one of those too, but there is no Blue Sponge rubber in Europe :(
Anyway, as I understood the Commercial Rubber has 8 edges, Provincial has 6 edges and the National 4 edges, is that correct? Is there any way to get the Hurricane 3 NEO Blue Sponge National Version except flying to china?
I searched alot in the internet, but I really don't find this rubber. for sure alot of blue sponge dhs, but not this one.

greets

ttnpp.com

prott.cc

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
I don't think you can get National versions of any rubber without a Dealer present with a relationship with China's National Team. These rubbers as far as I know are tuned specifically for the A and B teams respectively. There aren't many available which is why I see the price going sky high. Literally a few dozen sheets a month from those that can get their hands on it. The National versions as far as topsheets and Neo Sponge I believe are available in higher quality.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
The prott.cc guy used to be a provincial level player so it sounds quite believeable that he may have contacts to the national team. Haven't bought the rubbers from him myself because of the high price. The provincial versions' prizes aren't bad though, and if they are good enough for China provincial level players they are good enough for anyone of us.

Thanks I will keep in mind what you said... I was going to buy that one but then I said first I will just buy some commercial ones to see how they work... So by the time I buy TG3 with BS I expect I will be able to get the most out of that rubber...:D

The one that eacheng sells is a commercial version.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Hello Guys!!
I just found a new tabletennis shop http://www.fareastsports.com/
Yesterday I decided to write an E-Mail and ask about the DHS H3 NEO Blue Sponge. They just answered a few minutes ago.

"Mattis,

We do not have access to get any DHS Neo Hurricane rubbers with blue sponge at this time. Those rubbers are very hard to get unless you have connections to coaches or team members. DHS does not sell those to the retailers currently.

Shelby,"

Thanks to them, they really confirmed what I thought. Soo... anyone has connections? :D