Will this be a decent racket for me?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Hello i would like to ask you guys if this setup would be good for me / good in general;
-DHS Hurricane 3 Neo (Black for FH)
-STIGA Power LT (Red for OH)
-STIGA Offensive NCT (for Blade)
I made a lot of research on rubbers and blades 2 years ago but never got to make my own racket. Couldn't find STIGA Power LT in my country and i kinda stopped playing table tennis. Now i am starting to play again and i wanna ask you guys if my choices are good for my play style. Sorry i forgot table tennis terms but i always play offensive. I usually start with a low spinning slow serve and try to make my opponent to send back the ball higher so i can instantly go for a slam with forehand. If that doesn't work i usually keep going for the fast finish either with FH or OH. I am sorry i couldn't explain well because i don't know the english terms for the moves. I also can't buy Butterfly equipment because it's too expensive here. Thank you for taking your time to read this and hope you guys can help me. Thank you in advance for the help :)
EDIT: I play more with offhand than forehand.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
How good are you?

If you are a beginner it is most important that the racket is not to fast and have grip in the rubbers so you can Do all the shots well.

Maybe try an allround blade instead and Maybe regular rubber like markv or rakza x soft, But china rubber is also pretty slow so that would work well. But all this depends on the level of your play.

I know it is a little boring to play with slow gear, But if you want to become better this is the way to go. Maybe your friends Will blast through you now with their fast gear, But you Will become better and win in the long run with your slower setup.

This user has no status.
Yes its a good combination. Hurricane helps you lift heavy backspin with ease and provides fine control in short game(especially important in doubles). The blade itself is hard wood which gives sufficient power even if you forehand loop far away from table. Never tried stiga rubber, but as long as you have control when backhand loop and block attacks easily thats a good rubber on bh. I suggest do not use thick rubber on bh as it reduce the feel when play bh

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Any video of you playing? That would help us give you info that would be more about what you need.

Stiga Allround Evolution would probably be a good blade.

Rubbers, there are so many that could be fine.

I would think about Xiom Vega Europe or Vega Pro. If you have used H3 then that would be fine as well. So would any number of other Chinese rubbers. And the Chinese rubbers are often much less expensive.

But in the end, if you get what is available to you, it might be worth it.

Having something that is good enough is often much better than trying to find the perfect setup for you. Training is more important than equipment. And if you equipment that is good enough to train with, then, as you train more, over time you may try a few setups and come to know exactly what you want. Rather than guessing based on reading equipment reviews and asking people who have never seen your game skills.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Thank you all for the answers. I could say that my skill level is Intermediate. I read all the comments and after that i went with what i stated above and bought the pieces. I chose FL handle and for OH Stiga Power LT I went with 2.0 mm instead of max but on the official Stiga website i couldn't find those options, only 1.8mm. Hopefully I'm gonna like the racket and hope that it will fit my playstyle.