Hurricane 3 Provincial unboosted playable?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Hi i usually play Hurricane 3 Neo on my FH but i was considering do get a provincial H3 rubber but i have never boosted or used a boosted rubber before ( i know that the H3neo is somewhat factory boosted), will it make a huge difference to play with the provincial version unboosted or would you advise me to definitely boost it before using it?

Thanks for your advise!!

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Very playable. Though, since you're willing to pay the extra for the provincial, it's advisable to boost it.

Reactions: JST and Suga D
This user has no status.
I used to boost the H3 Neo comercial every couple months, after the boost wear off it was unplayable for my taste. But when I changed to H3 blue (no neo) i've boosted one single time over 3 months and still fine.

Are you referring to H3 provincial blue sponge or national blue sponge?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Provincial blue sponge

Neo provincial or classic provincial? The Neo provincial already comes slightly factory boosted

Hi i usually play Hurricane 3 Neo on my FH but i was considering do get a provincial H3 rubber but i have never boosted or used a boosted rubber before ( i know that the H3neo is somewhat factory boosted), will it make a huge difference to play with the provincial version unboosted or would you advise me to definitely boost it before using it?

Thanks for your advise!!

Who has told you such things? Most likely someone that wanted to sell some booster to you.
[Emoji6]

Lastly it all boils down to personal preferences. Quite a few people play H3N prov unboosted.

Reactions: Yung-Zion
It's just a matter of how you define "playable".

Take butterfly rubbers for example. Everyone knows Tenergy is the best (for now before dignics) in turns of the balance between spin, speed and control. But Bryce Highspeed is playable for some people, and Rozena is playable for many people.

But many people still choose Tenergy rather than Bryce Highspeed and Rozena.

Same with boosted Hurricane.

Boosted ones has better balance between spin, speed and control than unboosted or factory boosted ones.
You just need to find your most suitable set up. Some people prefers to boost 2-3 layer to maximize the spin and speed. Some people (like me) just boost 1 layer to get best balance. While some people just play it unboosted.

For me, boosting with 3 layers is “unplayable" as it is so fast. And unboosted is unplayable as it feels so hard. Playing with either of the these will make me make at lease 3-4 more mistakes in each set.

I think the most important thing about boosing H3 is you need to try different set up to find your most suitable ones.
From my point of view, if you just start playing H3, boosting 1 layer is the best to start with.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think that a hard unboosted china rubber would be good for your technique. Proably very slow so you Will learn how to generate power from the body.

This user has no status.
i prefer to play unboosted. But then again thats because i can hit the ball very hard so unboosted gives me more control without much sacrifice to speed. Just try a few session (mine is usually 3 session, 2 hrs each) of multiball unboosted first before commiting to boosting. Chinese rubbers sponge usually break down and become softer more playable after a while. You can also try the H3 turbo pro orange unboosted. Its a faster and more lively version of H3 neo provincial but if you boost then H3 neo provincial is the way to go