Butterfly Innerforce layer alc + chinese rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
Hello all! Somebody tried chinese rubber on Innerforce layer alc? Such as dhs hurricane neo 3 provincial orange sponge?
Thank you very much for your advice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Hello all! Somebody tried chinese rubber on Innerforce layer alc? Such as dhs hurricane neo 3 provincial orange sponge?
Thank you very much for your advice.
I think should be good, because it has the same composition as hurricane long v

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: zizka
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
I think this is a good change of my viscaria. Just want more control and feeling a ball. Viscaria practically does not have vibration.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
It's got two very distinct gears. Slow and fast. Not always easy to pinpoint exactly where it switches gears. I didn't like the setup too much. I like to generate a variety of paces, not 2. Also it sacrifices on power.

How I rationalize this behaviour is that the outer plies are soft, the carbon is near the core, and the hard rubber emphasizes the overall effect of a passive gear whereby much of the incoming power is absorbed and an active gear where shots become much more direct.

On the bright side the slow gear makes the short game extremely comfy. You can drop "any" serve short. You can drop shot on rather aggressive loop drives. Short serves can also puzzle some opponents at first. For instance backspin serves coming with less pace and depth than they guessed, causing bad misses. Flicking was ok. Quite safe, by default a bit less aggressive than with off- (and beyond) blades; but the differential in pace when you engage the carbon is neat. And the confidence to flick spinny serves is neat.

On the bad side... 2 gears. I found it hard to produce a medium paced loop (or serve). You choose between a slow loop and a fast drive. The 2nd gear is rather fast*, but not that powerful or threatening somehow compared to a Viscaria with H3N. IIRC on power loops Viscaria / TB ALC has the opposite behaviour of actually holding the ball relatively longer, which helps generate shots with speed and spin. Fast serves aren't as good with IF Layer ALC as with a Viscaria.

If I were to use an IF Layer ALC I would pair it with more of a medium-hard European sponge, or a Chinese rubber treated to behave more like a tensor. Instead, I use a more linear blade that doesn't cover as wide a speed range but has no discontinuity.

*In fact it is too fast and reactive (almost bouncy) at times, for instance in the lobbing/fishing department... very difficult to kill the pace from incoming smashes/drives.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
It's got two very distinct gears. Slow and fast. Not always easy to pinpoint exactly where it switches gears. I didn't like the setup too much. I like to generate a variety of paces, not 2. Also it sacrifices on power.

How I rationalize this behaviour is that the outer plies are soft, the carbon is near the core, and the hard rubber emphasizes the overall effect of a passive gear whereby much of the incoming power is absorbed and an active gear where shots become much more direct.

On the bright side the slow gear makes the short game extremely comfy. You can drop "any" serve short. You can drop shot on rather aggressive loop drives. Short serves can also puzzle some opponents at first. For instance backspin serves coming with less pace and depth than they guessed, causing bad misses. Flicking was ok. Quite safe, by default a bit less aggressive than with off- (and beyond) blades; but the differential in pace when you engage the carbon is neat. And the confidence to flick spinny serves is neat.

On the bad side... 2 gears. I found it hard to produce a medium paced loop (or serve). You choose between a slow loop and a fast drive. The 2nd gear is rather fast*, but not that powerful or threatening somehow compared to a Viscaria with H3N. IIRC on power loops Viscaria / TB ALC has the opposite behaviour of actually holding the ball relatively longer, which helps generate shots with speed and spin. Fast serves aren't as good with IF Layer ALC as with a Viscaria.

If I were to use an IF Layer ALC I would pair it with more of a medium-hard European sponge, or a Chinese rubber treated to behave more like a tensor. Instead, I use a more linear blade that doesn't cover as wide a speed range but has no discontinuity.

*In fact it is too fast and reactive (almost bouncy) at times, for instance in the lobbing/fishing department... very difficult to kill the pace from incoming smashes/drives.

You want to say that the set of nonlinear?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
I tried Long 5 only with tenergy. Very nonlinear. Even a simple drive is stable to not simply keep it. Play with viscaria is easier in this regard. It's easy to play stably.
I thought that Innerforce alc closer to Viscaria than to Long 5.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
I also consider to switch to either IF or smth like Viscaria.
Coming from Limba outer and reading about IF being upgrade to TBALC I am waiting with happiness to test the IF but now the 2 gear story declined my anticipation.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
I also consider to switch to either IF or smth like Viscaria.
Coming from Limba outer and reading about IF being upgrade to TBALC I am waiting with happiness to test the IF but now the 2 gear story declined my anticipation.
TB has koto instead limba outer plies, will be crispier and bouncier, I have a Viscaria and I've got a Jupiter 2 38deg 2,2mm FH and EL-P max BH, and are waaaay different, the J2 has much more control on short receives, in services both are very spinny, of course EL-P is bouncier and way faster, so as counter is deadly, and J2 (very similar to hurricane 3 neo but faster and more control)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
I think this is a good change of my viscaria. Just want more control and feeling a ball. Viscaria practically does not have vibration.
If you want control and feeling then it's better you get an allwood blade, Viscaria with tensor rubbers are very fast with less control, I tried HL5 with H3N BS when I was a beginner, and was stiff, controllable but not spinny I was expecting, may be the rubber was fake because it wasn't tacky just a little bit, don't know how much linear would be with tensor rubbers, and it's head heavy the handle in thinner than Viscaria,

A very good blade, fast and controllable is Nittaku Septear, it's very spinny and it's range rubbers are wide, chinese and euro rubbers suits as well