Looking for rubber to test off season for BH

This user has no status.
Cross post from MyTT:

Hi all,

I will be testing Fastarc G1 this off-season. I am currently using Vega Pro both sides. However I want to also test a rubber which is slightly softer and slightly lower throw than the Vega Pro. I use the same rubber on forehand and backhand at the moment but I just want to test if the change would suit me. I may end up using the Fastarc G-1 both sides or sticking with my Vega Pro both sides, but I have reached the point where I believe i know what I might like to have different. I have read the g-1 has a similar throw and sponge hardness. I would like 2 or 3 options to try. One other requirement is that I would like it to be in the same ballpark for speed and spin, doesn't have to be exactly the same but no sriver please. A modern European or Japanese rubber. Price not a factor.

Thanks for your advice.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Not that obvious since it doesn't fulfil the criteria I listed.

Well it is softer, as spinny if not considerably spinnier, and the throw is dictated more by the hardness of the rubber than much else (other than technique), so if you're going softer the throw is going to change regardless :)

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
I have used T05 in the past and if anything it feels harder than Vega Pro or at the worst the same hardness. Throw is affected by other things than sponge hardness, including the pips length, configuration, rubber topsheet properties etc.

If you used it then why bother saying that it doesn't fit the specifications?
That said, it is certainly softer than Vega Pro according to manufacturer specification and while it is true that many things affect throw, I said that what affects it MOST is hardness and technique. Not that nothing else affects it.
No biggie.

Try Xiom Japan DF then. Excellent stuff.

Also if you want to go more extreme then a very much liked rubber is Rakza 7 Soft. I used it on backhand before moving to T05.
It's fast enough for backhand and it has kind of straight trajectory to topspins, definitely 'lower' throw than T05 and the Vega Pro kind of rubbers. I figure T05 is better though. Faster. Many players I know love it for how simple it is to play.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Start off with something in the Fastarc series. C1 or S1 depending on whether you prefer what they consider speed or control. I have not used either (I am as aggressive on my backhand play as I am on my forehand play on offence) but they are both popular in Japan.

If you used it then why bother saying that it doesn't fit the specifications?
That said, it is certainly softer than Vega Pro according to manufacturer specification and while it is true that many things affect throw, I said that what affects it MOST is hardness and technique. Not that nothing else affects it.
No biggie.

Try Xiom Japan DF then. Excellent stuff.

Also if you want to go more extreme then a very much liked rubber is Rakza 7 Soft. I used it on backhand before moving to T05.
It's fast enough for backhand and it has kind of straight trajectory to topspins, definitely 'lower' throw than T05 and the Vega Pro kind of rubbers. I figure T05 is better though. Faster. Many players I know love it for how simple it is to play.

The sponge hardness of T05 /36+12=48/ is about the same as Vega Pro 47,5 . The throw angle of Vega Pro is lower than T05.
Vea Japan sponge is of the same hardness 47.5 as Vega Pro, but with softer topsheet and its the only criteria that fits with the OP. Vega Japan has higher throw than Vega Pro, but still lower than T05. Vega Japan has stronger catapult than Vega Pro and is faster.
Its sure that different players may have different observations and feelings, thats ok and I don't argue at all.
What I wrote above is not only my feelings, it all fits with many other players and with the pros, who are testing most of the rubbers for our regional seller.

Reactions: FruitLoop
This user has no status.
The sponge hardness of T05 /36+12=48/ is about the same as Vega Pro 47,5 . The throw angle of Vega Pro is lower than T05.
Vea Japan sponge is of the same hardness 47.5 as Vega Pro, but with softer topsheet and its the only criteria that fits with the OP. Vega Japan has higher throw than Vega Pro, but still lower than T05. Vega Japan has stronger catapult than Vega Pro and is faster.
Its sure that different players may have different observations and feelings, thats ok and I don't argue at all.
What I wrote above is not only my feelings, it all fits with many other players and with the pros, who are testing most of the rubbers for our regional seller.

Thoughts on Omega VII Europe?

Thoughts on Omega VII Europe?

i have little impressions with O7Euro.
Its definitely softer, but has very strong catapult. For me its best for blocking and passive play. The strong catapult makes it to feel faster over the table and at close distance, but at longer distance its getting slower. I'm a hard rubbers player, so I don't want to judge its spin and looping capabilities. I feel it has good grip so it should be capable of good spin, its just not the way I do it. With passive play and blocking its very stable and not sensitive to the incomming spin. Good for BH, but very very different from Vega Pro.

I am not passive on the BH, I just don't generate anywhere near the same power as FH and do a lot more attacking over the table with it as well. I am just looking to see if BH would do better with a slightly softer and lower throw rubber due to this. Sounds like O7E not a good fit.

I'm not saying its bad in active play, and under active I mean playing with lot of spin. The way soft rubbers generate spin is different than the hard rubbers. But for example Omega 7 Euro is easier with the BH flick due to the softer rubber. The stronger trampoline is good for offensive BH over the table.