TB ALC vs IF ALC (Koto vs Limba)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Hey guys.
While I was constant with my EQ I decided that I need a change.
Currently I am playing All+ Limba blade with fastarc g1 max on both sides.
I also tried out YEO two sessions. The first one was quite disappointing because I felt like the quick release of the ball is more insecure for me than with the limba blade.
The next session I kinda got used to it and I played my strongest TT. While with limba I had great security as well as HUGE spin but lacked speed even with hard shots, with YEO I have great speed as well as great spin. And I kinda can and must go harder into shots, so it's kinda good and bad together.

Now I have ordered two Chinese blades of the blades in the title thus I'm gonna test them myself. I just want the opinion of u guys.

The TB ALC as well as IF ALC are most popular in their outer ply + carbon combination. I read about IF being the upgrade to the TB ALC but this isn't covered by the popularity of the TB/Viscaria. Btw I tried TBS from my mate and it feld really strange. The speed was real slow, slower than YEO but the control was kinda pleasent. I always thought carbon blades must be fast but with my allwood blades I kinda could generate more speed. Ofc it's just an impression of 10 minutes but I also liked the pleasent of the TBS. I kinda could guess why these blades are so popular.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
I guess that I am feeding my EJ smart.
Going high end gear also contributes to stick longer to it.

As I rate u high, I would appreciate some content from you, Next Level.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Hey guys.
While I was constant with my EQ I decided that I need a change.
Currently I am playing All+ Limba blade with fastarc g1 max on both sides.
I also tried out YEO two sessions. The first one was quite disappointing because I felt like the quick release of the ball is more insecure for me than with the limba blade.
The next session I kinda got used to it and I played my strongest TT. While with limba I had great security as well as HUGE spin but lacked speed even with hard shots, with YEO I have great speed as well as great spin. And I kinda can and must go harder into shots, so it's kinda good and bad together.

Now I have ordered two Chinese blades of the blades in the title thus I'm gonna test them myself. I just want the opinion of u guys.

The TB ALC as well as IF ALC are most popular in their outer ply + carbon combination. I read about IF being the upgrade to the TB ALC but this isn't covered by the popularity of the TB/Viscaria. Btw I tried TBS from my mate and it feld really strange. The speed was real slow, slower than YEO but the control was kinda pleasent. I always thought carbon blades must be fast but with my allwood blades I kinda could generate more speed. Ofc it's just an impression of 10 minutes but I also liked the pleasent of the TBS. I kinda could guess why these blades are so popular.
What do you mean with chinese blades? TB alc and IF alc are both made in Japan, I do assume you bought both clone blades, in any case IF is more controllable than TB

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

You have already ordered the blades. Just test them and see what you think and then share. Usually I am okay with someone reporting their experiences using blades or rubbers or asking questions. But when it spans so many threads/posts with the same question being asked in subtly different ways but still being the same question, it is a bit tiring.

Playing with faster equipment is not only about what happens when you play people you know, it is also about what happens when you play people you don't know. But if you decide you want to stick to it, then that is the most important thing. It doesn't matter what anyone else feels except you, though if a coach sees you play they can provide their own input. It is deceptive when you play people you know because you can adjust to the ball faster.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
I'm injured right now.

It's not only about speed but more of philosophy between hard impact vs soft wood.

Btw I'm just collecting opinions. Well unsuccessfully tho.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Sorry about your injury. I hope you get better soon.

There are lots of opinions online (admittedly not from players you know but they are out there). In the end, just focus in the ball quality and the ability to create arc that fits the way you play. For me I try to combine the fact that I play attackers with the fact I play defenders so I don't want to get something so fast that i cannot spin a tricky ball under pressure.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
I full agree with you. Especially the part with tricky shots and unknown opponents. That's maybe why I'm still with my Allround blade. Just a bit curious to test out things as I have progressed.

I guess the topic is done for me until I get recovered and can test these two blades myself.

Thanks for your wise words.