PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy Table Tennis 'skin tight' under shorts?

ridderz65
02-25-2019, 08:16 AM
Hi guys,

I'm looking to purchase some TT 'under shorts'. Are they sold by TT companies?

Take a look at this video and it is the black skin tight under shorts that Robert Gardos is wearing under his navy butterfly shorts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0glnBwRoIec

Please can someone point me in the right direction?

danisius
02-25-2019, 08:21 AM
Every runners store has many options, i`m using long tights and long sleeve tops in winter both are designed for runners.

ridderz65
02-25-2019, 08:43 AM
What kind of tight shorts is Gardos likely to be using? There are too many options, I am not sure which are best for TT.

NDH
02-25-2019, 09:48 AM
What kind of tight shorts is Gardos likely to be using? There are too many options, I am not sure which are best for TT.

They could be anything.

Literally every major sports company make them.

In Sports Direct alone, you'll find Under Armour, Nike, Adidas, Reebok - All will have compression shorts (which is what they are called).

I use Nike or Under Armour ones - But prefer the ones that don't come too far down my leg like the chap in that video.

CluelessTTDad
02-25-2019, 12:23 PM
I swear by compressport... great for old tired legs.... but then I am a runner and not a table tennis player.

dominus7
02-25-2019, 05:02 PM
What is the advantage to use that kind of underwear?

yoass
02-25-2019, 05:14 PM

The question, I think, should rather be: what gives you comfort, support, and freedom of movement?

Me, I’m all for Saive type shorts. Need to feel unrestrained. I know the trends have gone the other way, but that’s it for me. And that’s pretty much all I care about.

suds79
02-25-2019, 05:28 PM
What is the advantage to use that kind of underwear?

You don't make it immediately uncomfortable for everybody else to watch??? :p :p

Can we start a gofundme page for Jean-Michel Saive to invest in a simple pair of biker shorts? (ain't nobody wanna see is) ;)

yoass
02-25-2019, 05:32 PM
You don't make it immediately uncomfortable for everybody else to watch??? :p :p

Can we start a gofundme page for Jean-Michel Saive to invest in a simple pair of biker shorts? (ain't nobody wanna see is) ;)

Oh, grow up. He has legs, like nearly all humans, those excepted being unfortunate.

Sorry, but I have no patience for modern day body shaming, whether in the form of extremist puritanism or otherwise.

suds79
02-25-2019, 06:01 PM
lol. "modern day body shaming" Oh brother. Lighten up Francis. It was a joke.

Life is too short if you let a little comment like mine upset you that much.

yoass
02-25-2019, 06:10 PM
lol. "modern day body shaming" Oh brother. Lighten up Francis. It was a joke.

Life is too short if you let a little comment like mine upset you that much.

I’m not upset, but don’t think you realize how that works. (Your sister so fat. No, joking! No harm, right? Didn’t think so.)

Take that other remark into account, about hurting the eyes of the viewers. Disturbing, to me, if that’s the first thing to mind when seeing a picture of a great athlete. Woo hoo, he has a body. Must be covered up!

langel
02-25-2019, 06:15 PM
I don't like any kind of tightening and slimming. Like to feel free.
And not good for the balls.

suds79
02-25-2019, 06:15 PM
I’m not upset

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/cache.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FFml0fgAxVx1eM%2Fgiphy.gif

yoass
02-25-2019, 06:20 PM
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/cache.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FFml0fgAxVx1eM%2Fgiphy.gif

Oh, frame away. I gave criticism, which by no means I’m in any way emotionally involved.

That does not matter. In you or anybody wants to play im a niqaab, a diver’s suit or ALL SPANDEX, I don’t care. If you’re reinforcing the stereotypical notion of a body that must be covered extensively to protect onlooker’s sensitivities, then I cast my frown upon thee. It’s rejection of behaviour damaging to others, not anger or upset. Nuff said.

dominus7
02-25-2019, 07:28 PM
Then there are not effective and practical advantages, just aesthetical, thanks for answering.

mart1nandersson
02-25-2019, 09:26 PM

I have nothing but love for that man. Looks like track split shorts. Where do you get those nowadays?

Der_Echte
02-25-2019, 09:39 PM
We can all get happy and do the RUMGAY !!! :D

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mart1nandersson
02-25-2019, 09:55 PM
The world needs more of Gavid Rumgay. Still waiting for his report from the Nigerian open.

ridderz65
02-26-2019, 08:46 AM
Thanks guys for the help! I notice there are many different kinds of compression shorts designed to do slightly different things. Can anyone suggest ones that would work best for the movements of TT?

langel
02-26-2019, 09:31 AM
No compression is needed for the movements in TT.

The question is do YOU need compression, and if yes - what kind of compression you need for the reason you need it.
After that you'll have to decide is the compression you need suitable for TT, and if not - what compromise you have to make, with TT or with the compression.
If there is no particular reason to use compression - just don't do it.
If there is a particular reason - follow the reason.
If the reason is only esthetic - follow the esthetics and use the minimum compression available

Der_Echte
02-27-2019, 12:32 AM
Greg Letts ought to comment, he has used compression wear for years.

yuvayamini2
02-27-2019, 04:07 AM
Hi,
Where should I get all this kind of properties?

darucla
02-27-2019, 12:16 PM
There may be advantages to compressing the thigh muscles, especially when you get to my age. But also, as in cycling, the use of "breathing" material (similar to that used in TT shirts etc) keeps your legs from chafing, as it passes sweat through the material, which is a good thing. Recommended for all genders. I buy these from Aliexpress, or from Amazon and they still come from China. Not managed to buy any bad ones.

Lightzy
02-27-2019, 11:33 PM
There's a guy that plays with skin-tight short pants in our club and sometimes you cant tell whats a penis and whats a ball.

I mean sometimes he sticks balls under the legging.

UpSideDownCarl
02-28-2019, 03:18 AM
Sorry. This subject is too funny. All I can think of is that I have CNT National Issue Socks and Underwear. :) Okay. No I don't....

But if I was going to give Ridderz a real answer, probably the kind of compression leggings that Basketball players usually wear, or when soccer (futbol) players wear them. The need for lateral movement and sometimes having knees bent would be as close as you are going to get to what would be useful for TT. But I don't think this would need to be specific. You just would not want it to be the ones for bikers that are padded in areas for the seat and to help prevent chaffing.

ridderz65
02-28-2019, 10:09 AM
Sorry. This subject is too funny. All I can think of is that I have CNT National Issue Socks and Underwear. :) Okay. No I don't....

But if I was going to give Ridderz a real answer, probably the kind of compression leggings that Basketball players usually wear, or when soccer (futbol) players wear them. The need for lateral movement and sometimes having knees bent would be as close as you are going to get to what would be useful for TT. But I don't think this would need to be specific. You just would not want it to be the ones for bikers that are padded in areas for the seat and to help prevent chaffing.

Thanks Carl. I shall look at soccer ones!