TTX New ITTF Sport variation

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
They played one in Halmstad i think.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think it was pretty many players participating. They played outside in the summer. Seems pretty fun to me!

Reactions: yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
As much as I agree with loopadoop's sentiments of the topic, I am 100x more hardcore in that area and demand the thread be deleted...

The thread topic should be like that evil character in Harry Potter known as the "One who shall not be mentioned" ... similarly, the thing depicted in the post should be so obviously not TT that it should never be mentioned or remembered, except to avoid it like a STD or national debt.

Reactions: mart1nandersson
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
The only way it becomes popular like any other sport, if boat loads of money are offered to players as prize money. I don't foresee any titanic investors in the future.

And then there's silly old me, thinking people engage in activities because they actually like doing them — and considering that a good thing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
And then there's silly old me, thinking people engage in activities because they actually like doing them — and considering that a good thing.

Anything is possible

In my opinion a lot of advertising money will have to be spent to do that. If there is a benefit then maybe a company will do it.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I Do not see how this would be a bad thing. Feel that if people start playing this or ping Pong there are a higher chance that they Will start playing tabletennis. So in the end We get more players.

Reactions: Simas
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Why hasn't TTX become popular by now if it is such a great idea ?

Remember this idea comes from the same organization who introduced the plastic balls.

Last night on TV here was a program where TV screws of the local station visited the seniors living in Sun City, Arizona. Guess what sport they played?

PICKLEBALL! I was having dinner and choked so hard I almost died.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Last night on TV here was a program where TV crews of the local station visited the seniors living in Sun City, Arizona. Guess what sport they played?

PICKLEBALL! I was having dinner and choked so hard I almost died.

Pickleball

Advantages - slower version of tennis - they are getting mostly players over 50 - played outside sometimes by modifying a tennis court - drawing from the popular of sport of tennis which has a huge membership in the USA

Disadvantages - points rules are a little silly - court space requirements but offset by ability to modify a tennis court - causes limited play in cold weather changing seasons

Table Tennis actually should be a better alternative for aging tennis players.

Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I Do not see how this would be a bad thing. Feel that if people start playing this or ping Pong there are a higher chance that they Will start playing tabletennis. So in the end We get more players.

You certainly had me view TTX differently after your simple and keen observation of people just having fun playing it, outside.

One of the main turn-offs for TT is its indoorishness. Natural to me, and I don't regret going indoors for practice even on a beautiful spring day (after I've had a stiff walk to feel the air, and to experience everything jumping into life around me). But to many, going in when everything's shouting out! out! is anathema.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
You certainly had me view TTX differently after your simple and keen observation of people just having fun playing it, outside.

One of the main turn-offs for TT is its indoorishness. Natural to me, and I don't regret going indoors for practice even on a beautiful spring day (after I've had a stiff walk to feel the air, and to experience everything jumping into life around me). But to many, going in when everything's shouting out! out! is anathema.

TT indoor activity is actually an advantage in most countries where there are cold rainy even hot temperatures, which is a change of seasons.

Pickleball can be most popular in the outdoor friendly countries or is in areas, like the USA states of California, Arizona, Florida, Texas, etc.

Last edited: