Crazy ball catch skill by Xu Xin!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
We have watched this video over 100 times! How does Xu Xin do this?

This is some serious skill!

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FITTFWorld%2Fvideos%2F257179488538375%2F&show_text=0&width=476" width="476" height="476" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
No hurling player would be overly impressed with this to be fair. Shout out to the Irish on here.

Xu Xin cloud walking at corner forward would be quite the sight.

Share a nice video?

This user has no status.
I bet he can't do that with Tenergy 05 rubber.
I can't watch the video because of the firewall at work, but if it is the video I'm thinking of, you can see ML catch the ball (almost) with the red side of his paddle (he was using tenergy at the time I believe).

Also, I've done it once or twice (few years back, after many tries) with my H3N XD

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I think you underestimate what pros can do :) Here's an arguably more difficult trick by Marcos Freitas.

correct, I've seen world 200 players done the same, you don't need to be a PRO or top 20 to know how to do it with an non tacky rubber.

and regarding the super high ball, one just need to practice - the feeling of the catch can be adjusted/learnt/adapted etc

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
correct, I've seen world 200 players done the same, you don't need to be a PRO or top 20 to know how to do it with an non tacky rubber.

and regarding the super high ball, one just need to practice - the feeling of the catch can be adjusted/learnt/adapted etc

Okay let's put that challenge out there on the super high ball using Tenergy 05 to see if anyone can do it, pro or amateur.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Okay let's put that challenge out there on the super high ball using Tenergy 05 to see if anyone can do it, pro or amateur.

do you really think your challenge will be even bothered by world top 200 players?
some times I wish I wear a go pro every time I'm with table tennis, so I don't need to waste my time to convince tt fans on what is possible, what is not possible

any ways, good luck advertising your challenge, I hope someone takes you serious
maybe put up a reward, and if the reward is half decent, I can forward your challenge to some of the players outside world rank 200 to record it

Reactions: lVegita
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
do you really think your challenge will be even bothered by world top 200 players?
some times I wish I wear a go pro every time I'm with table tennis, so I don't need to waste my time to convince tt fans on what is possible, what is not possible

any ways, good luck advertising your challenge, I hope someone takes you serious
maybe put up a reward, and if the reward is half decent, I can forward your challenge to some of the players outside world rank 200 to record it

How about challenging those two guys at Pongfinity who take on all the stuff requested by players ?

Last edited: