Is T05H or T05 closer to MX-P?

NDH

says Spin to win!
If you think tenergy is durable as compared to MX-P, you are on the wrong path my friend

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

Erm..... I'm not sure what you are basing that on?

In terms of durability as far as performance goes..... Tenergy wipes the floor with nearly all rubbers.

MX-P is great to start off with, but the factory boost disappears quickly (a few weeks), and the rubbers drops off massively.

Tenergy has a gradual decline, which means that you don't really need to adjust your technique to compensate for the rubber.

If you do..... It's time for new rubbers.

As for physical durability, again..... If you are finding that the rubber is physically breaking...... you've had it for too long!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Hi,

This good question should be answered by our experts with direct comparative references to the typical attributes among the three rubbers: speed, spin, throw, and responsiveness through the shot categories.

Thanks.

Reactions: thekleifheit13

NDH

says Spin to win!
Wow lol - Who do you class as the experts?

All of those attributes can only be assigned through scientific tests.

One person might think X is faster than Y, and the other person think differently.

That type of comparison is virtually impossible to achieve due to the differences in how people play/feel the ball.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
All three rubbers are unique and different.

As different a rubber MX-P is, if you are a T05 user, usually, you can adapt to MX-P using the same strokes with not so much difficulty adjusting, yet the shot result will obviously be a different on than T05.

T05 Hard is another animal from T05, the adjustment may be easy or hard depending on your kind of impact.

T05, if you use it for hours and hours a day every day, will begin to wane at the 50-60 hour mark and be a shell of itself at 80 hours, near unplayable at 100 hours. That sounds real bad, but many rubbers are not designed to still be performing after 80-100 hours.

You can take off T05 and do a light tune job to give it a few more weeks, like say 40 hours more... maybe you can do that twice, but that is pushing it.

MX-P will have its built in tuner begin to wane after 20 hours... prolly totally gone by 40 hours of play. Big deal, at least for me it isn't a big deal. MX-P without tuner is perfectly playable all the way to the 200-300 hour mark. After that, it is time to rip that sucka off ur bat and toss it.

I see where Donn is coming from, I believe (just like TTD Dan in his reviews) that a DYNAMIC TEST using the likely shot impact scenarios yields a lot more meaningful info.

Just like NDH (Should I jack up hiz initials again?) touches on, we as players all have our way to impact the ball and one rubber that is great for a player may be garbage for another.

An example of FLAMING Hot Garbage as a player is none other than Der_Echte his-self.

As much a growd-up dude he iz, at 110 kg, and as much a MACHO MAN Der_Echte wants to be on the FH wing... Der_Echte simply doesn't cut it for Macho man Table Tennis on FH wing with the harder sponged rubbers. (Unless it is counter-looping, then it is game-on)

For the majority of shot situations I use FH, Der_Echte is a total SOFIE... so if I would use a Tenergy, it would be T05FX... FREEKING F. DAMN X. Period.

That is an example real life where a review of a top rubber like T05 hard would have next to zero applicability to how I play, since what I do on FH is not very well optimized... I would be fighting against the rubber, the umpire, the janitor, and anyone else in a 2 km radius.

EVERY ONE should first understand themselves and what they do first, then be able to tryout for self. Unless one know WHO is reviewing and WHAT they do and HOW they do it, there will never be an effective understanding or relevance of the review.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
EVERY ONE should first understand themselves and what they do first, then be able to tryout for self. Unless one know WHO is reviewing and WHAT they do and HOW they do it, there will never be an effective understanding or relevance of the review.

Well thank you, Sir.

It is not uncommon to read "reviews" like this on a German forum:

Block: Rubber A>Rubber C>Rubber B
Spin: RubberC>RubberB>Rubber A
Counter: well, you get the story

All that from guys that you don´t know, have never seen play and don´t know anything about their experience and knowledge.

And basically with a fair chance of someone else seeing it the opposite way.

Useless.

Reactions: NextLevel
If you think tenergy is durable as compared to MX-P, you are on the wrong path my friend

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk
In my experience MX-P is less durable and the performance degradation over time is much more. As NDH said once the factory boost disappears the performance goes down significantly. I have also had issues with the topsheet wearing out on MX-P which you can see here. https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?16815-Wear-on-MX-P

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
if you TUNE it, do you use something like Falco Tempo? Or which booster works best on MX-P or perhaps other Tibhar Evolution rubbers that you recommend?

All three rubbers are unique and different.

As different a rubber MX-P is, if you are a T05 user, usually, you can adapt to MX-P using the same strokes with not so much difficulty adjusting, yet the shot result will obviously be a different on than T05.

T05 Hard is another animal from T05, the adjustment may be easy or hard depending on your kind of impact.

T05, if you use it for hours and hours a day every day, will begin to wane at the 50-60 hour mark and be a shell of itself at 80 hours, near unplayable at 100 hours. That sounds real bad, but many rubbers are not designed to still be performing after 80-100 hours.

You can take off T05 and do a light tune job to give it a few more weeks, like say 40 hours more... maybe you can do that twice, but that is pushing it.

MX-P will have its built in tuner begin to wane after 20 hours... prolly totally gone by 40 hours of play. Big deal, at least for me it isn't a big deal. MX-P without tuner is perfectly playable all the way to the 200-300 hour mark. After that, it is time to rip that sucka off ur bat and toss it.

I see where Donn is coming from, I believe (just like TTD Dan in his reviews) that a DYNAMIC TEST using the likely shot impact scenarios yields a lot more meaningful info.

Just like NDH (Should I jack up hiz initials again?) touches on, we as players all have our way to impact the ball and one rubber that is great for a player may be garbage for another.

An example of FLAMING Hot Garbage as a player is none other than Der_Echte his-self.

As much a growd-up dude he iz, at 110 kg, and as much a MACHO MAN Der_Echte wants to be on the FH wing... Der_Echte simply doesn't cut it for Macho man Table Tennis on FH wing with the harder sponged rubbers. (Unless it is counter-looping, then it is game-on)

For the majority of shot situations I use FH, Der_Echte is a total SOFIE... so if I would use a Tenergy, it would be T05FX... FREEKING F. DAMN X. Period.

That is an example real life where a review of a top rubber like T05 hard would have next to zero applicability to how I play, since what I do on FH is not very well optimized... I would be fighting against the rubber, the umpire, the janitor, and anyone else in a 2 km radius.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I tune cars and fish, not rubberz. My friends tune, they know which ones they use.

When I was a T05 user for a year until the price rose to unforgivable levels, I could get a month outta tenergy before it was screaming to come off my bat.

MX-P without tuner is still a damn fine rubber for macho offensive topspin players.

Reactions: Zaid323918
With all respect to all above, and especially to NDH, for me T05H is much closer to MX-S than to MX-P. I would even say that MX-P is far away from T05H in all aspects. I feel T05H harder than MX-S. In terms of hardnes and short play ability T05H is more closer to Omega7Asia.
I can't speak of MX-P/S duarability, but if it is at least 40hrs with max performance, its not less than Tenergy. Maybe T05H will be a little more durable because of its harder sponge, but I'm not sure about the top sheet, it would depend a lot on the type of impact and brush. But for sure Omega7Asia has the longest lifespan - till now I have more than 80 hrs of play with no sensible degradation.
If you look for a step-up in performance T05H is the choice, followed by Omega7Asia
If you look for durability and close to T05H performance - Omega7Asia
If you look for durability and close to MX-P performance - elsewhere

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Not comparing MX-P to T05 etc. but if you like MX-P when it's brand new (first 1-2 weeks) and not after the booster effect wears off. Then stop using MX-P the durability of the factory booster is horrible.

But if you are like me and think MX-P is way to fast with factory booster on. Play with it 1-2 weeks, factory booster is gone. And then the rubber behaves the same for several months for me. Playing 3-4 times a week.

Reactions: thekleifheit13

NDH

says Spin to win!
Just shows to show how personal it all is.

For clarity, the only reason I didn't mention MX-S is because the OP only asked about T05H or T05 and MX-P (not MX-S).

Personally, I still think MX-S feels just a little harder than T05H (which really isn't that much harder than T05 to be honest).

@Zaid - I think T05H has a similar throw angle to MX-P (it's a bit more direct than T05 regular, which has more of an arc).

In terms of spin, T05H wins out and speed is similar between them both.

For the price (in the UK at least), I don't think MK-P is worth it compared with Tenergy.

Reactions: Zaid323918

For clarity, the only reason I didn't mention MX-S is because the OP only asked about T05H or T05 and MX-P (not MX-S).

Personally, I still think MX-S feels just a little harder than T05H (which really isn't that much harder than T05 to be honest).

@Zaid - I think T05H has a similar throw angle to MX-P (it's a bit more direct than T05 regular, which has more of an arc).

For the price (in the UK at least), I don't think MK-P is worth it compared with Tenergy.
Thanks a lot for your opinion. I know the price is not comparable but in my experience Tenergy lasts easily twice as long as MX-P without any performance degradation so in the long run Tenergy seems a better buy at least for me.

So it should be easy to adjust from MX-P to T05H then?

NDH

says Spin to win!
Obviously I don't know your skill level, but there isn't much of an adjustment between the two in my opinion.

I generally find this whole "adjusting to rubbers" to be a bit of a red herring.

Sure, if you are playing at a very high level, and have been using the same rubbers for a long time - There will be a slight adjustment when you change rubbers.

But for the vast majority of people, the change isn't particularly big, and can be overcome very quickly (a few hours at most).

This is assuming that you are sticking with a similar rubber of course (not changing from Tenergy to Hurricane for example).

On the "durability" side of things - I too find that Tenergy lasts around twice as long as most others I've tried.

If you can afford it, it's a no brainer in my opinion.

That's not to say there aren't some really great rubbers for a fraction of the cost (because, there are). But I'm happy to spend twice as much on something that gives me 10% (at most) more, whilst lasting twice as long.

Everyone is different, and people will like different things - But I don't know many people who have used Tenergy and moved away from it through personal preference.

It's usually down to cost (understandably so).

I'm sure there will be a few who just don't get on with it - But the vast majority of people I've met would use it if they could.