Hurricane long 5x

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Lower level players can't handle that speed with good control/consistency. I'm guessing tt's gonna be another W968 5 that nobody uses :) Rumour has it Dima is using it atm or at least trying it out.

not saying that just saying for lower level people maybe?

Reactions: 729B2
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
And FB is using a Viscaria :)

Probably, although is it even possible to know for sure anyway? And if true, that doesn't mean the B2X is a bad blade, etc etc blah blah.

I like the gossip around pros' setups, but it doesn't mean much to me when picking equipment for myself.

Reactions: Astorix
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
One can never be sure, for sure :)

Well, looking at the pros equipment at least tells me they don't use lightning fast blades so why should amateurs?

Probably, although is it even possible to know for sure anyway? And if true, that doesn't mean the B2X is a bad blade, etc etc blah blah.

I like the gossip around pros' setups, but it doesn't mean much to me when picking equipment for myself.

Reactions: AndySmith
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
One can never be sure, for sure :)

Well, looking at the pros equipment at least tells me they don't use lightning fast blades so why should amateurs?

Great point - love it. I think there's definitely some valuable things you can take away from pro equipment, but too much is read into the specifics. I much prefer general trends, like yours above.

Reactions: 729B2 and RidTheKid
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
HL5X is still 5+2...it is overall thicker than HL5 by 1mm but DHS has the range for both blades being =/- 0.1mm...so you could have HL5X and HL5 being the same thickness just do to production variations. DHS card in the box has the exact thickness for each blade. Mine happens to be 6.03mm.

The HL5X does not play or feel anything like the Viscaria (in my opinion, having both 90g hl5x 87g vis). The two top layers of the HL5X are still thicker than the top Koto layer on the Viscaria. So the HL5x has a woody feel and sound. However due to the stiffness and hardness of the HL5X you get less vibration and some might say less feel. There is not a ton of flex in this blade. However there is more of a catapult feeling, which personally I like. It's quite a fast blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
HL5X is still 5+2...it is overall thicker than HL5 by 1mm but DHS has the range for both blades being =/- 0.1mm...so you could have HL5X and HL5 being the same thickness just do to production variations. DHS card in the box has the exact thickness for each blade. Mine happens to be 6.03mm.

The HL5X does not play or feel anything like the Viscaria (in my opinion, having both 90g hl5x 87g vis). The two top layers of the HL5X are still thicker than the top Koto layer on the Viscaria. So the HL5x has a woody feel and sound. However due to the stiffness and hardness of the HL5X you get less vibration and some might say less feel. There is not a ton of flex in this blade. However there is more of a catapult feeling, which personally I like. It's quite a fast blade.

What is the dimension of the blade surface?