Beginner - Intermediate Equipment Advice

RD8

This user has no status.

RD8

This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Hi Everyone,

First, please forgive me for my poor english. I had this doubt about posting here, but because i've been wandering around read, watch, browse, observed, too many reviews on blade & rubber that i should have, im still not sure what to get for my first custom gear.

I had this custom blade & rubber about 2 years ago and its awful. i build it based on how cool it looks in my eyes. So this time, i wanna build a proper gear for my play style.

Im still working on some of the type of playing style out there, but im a penholder, a bit offressive, hate long rallies, and love to smash. After that long journey of mine researching, here's my final pick :

1. Blade : Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive (penhold version of course)
2. FH : Xiom Vega Pro
3. RPB : Yasaka Rakza 7

Please give me some of your thought about my pick, i'll really appreciate it! and please tell me the reason why.

Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Ma lin extra offensive may be too stiff for you. Choose softer and thinner rubbers like a 2.0 rakza 7 soft and vega europe 2.0

Well, some like stiff blades and they can not lie
You other brothers can't deny
That when a blade comes by with a zesty stiffish bite
And a low flex for your wrist
You get sprung

That being said, the YEO might be a bit much indeed. I happen to like Yasaka's Sweden Extra a lot; still a nice crisp feeling, but not that rigid and unforgiving. To me anyway; but a lot depends on playing style and skill level there.

As for the rubbers, well, what Yogi suggest sounds like the wise and prudent thing to do. Vega Pro and Rakza 7 (non-Soft) are potential small steps if development calls for that extra bit of power envelope.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D