PDA

View Full Version : Beginner - Intermediate Equipment Advice

RD8
03-27-2019, 03:35 PM
Hi Everyone,

First, please forgive me for my poor english. I had this doubt about posting here, but because i've been wandering around read, watch, browse, observed, too many reviews on blade & rubber that i should have, im still not sure what to get for my first custom gear.

I had this custom blade & rubber about 2 years ago and its awful. i build it based on how cool it looks in my eyes. So this time, i wanna build a proper gear for my play style.

Im still working on some of the type of playing style out there, but im a penholder, a bit offressive, hate long rallies, and love to smash. After that long journey of mine researching, here's my final pick :

1. Blade : Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive (penhold version of course)
2. FH : Xiom Vega Pro
3. RPB : Yasaka Rakza 7

Please give me some of your thought about my pick, i'll really appreciate it! and please tell me the reason why.

Thanks!

yogi_bear
03-27-2019, 04:18 PM
Ma lin extra offensive may be too stiff for you. Choose softer and thinner rubbers like a 2.0 rakza 7 soft and vega europe 2.0

RD8
03-27-2019, 04:49 PM
yea it happens to my old gear too, its hard/stiff and doesnt even comfy to use. So you suggest keep using YEO but softer rubber? its kinda hard to find 2.0 but i guess i'll try. Thanks!

Loopadoop
03-27-2019, 05:12 PM
A lot of good info here. Read the lengthy Intro, 5-10 minutes, well worth your time. Then you can come back here and make a better decision.

https://m.facebook.com/NorthLittleRockTableTennisGroup/

A good Coaching source for inverted rubber and long pips players.

Free detailed step by step coaching videos available at:

YouTube yangyang TT

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC10OPVuU4Ttsu1a9lW5r4Sg

yoass
03-27-2019, 05:34 PM
Ma lin extra offensive may be too stiff for you. Choose softer and thinner rubbers like a 2.0 rakza 7 soft and vega europe 2.0

Well, some like stiff blades and they can not lie
You other brothers can't deny
That when a blade comes by with a zesty stiffish bite
And a low flex for your wrist
You get sprung

That being said, the YEO might be a bit much indeed. I happen to like Yasaka's Sweden Extra a lot; still a nice crisp feeling, but not that rigid and unforgiving. To me anyway; but a lot depends on playing style and skill level there.

As for the rubbers, well, what Yogi suggest sounds like the wise and prudent thing to do. Vega Pro and Rakza 7 (non-Soft) are potential small steps if development calls for that extra bit of power envelope.