Small introduction on rubber differences..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Hi!!

can you help me on stablishing the differences (if is possible to do a comparison among them) of these rubbers i've tried?

Stiga Calibra LT
Adidas R6
Joola Mambo H

this is the order of the rubbers i've tried last year.

i'm a penhold lefty player and my topsping is getting stronger i guess... hahaha

what's the difference between Mambo H and Mambo C?? i've heard that the second is more popular.

thanks in advance!!!

Daniel

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
From what I read the Adidas R6 is a relatively soft rubber, although harder than R4. For most players it can be suitable to use on backhand I guess. I think the Tenzone or P-series would more compare to the Calibra. I haven't played with Calibra, but I've seen people on this forum are very positive about it and it seems it can compare to Tenergy 05. About the Joola rubbers I don't know.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
I'll confirm with the Joola Professional, but from what I remember Mambo rubbers all have a tacky Japanese style topsheet with a more Euro type sponge. Mambo H stands for either High Friction or Hard which means it is the hardest of all the rubbers and typically is a comparable rubber to Tenergy and Calibra LT. It's meant for players who prefer to feel the ball via rubber and blade rather than through sponge sponge. Harder topsheet rubbers and sponges transfer a lot of feeling into the blade handle so you feel with your palm more than just your fingers through the sponge.

Mambo C stands for either Competition or Classic and has a very tacky surface. I would gather it's more towards the Chinese lines of rubbers that are tacky, but they could also be towards some of the Japanese style rubbers like Juic 999 Elite or even Spin Art from Butterfly. It's meant for players who want more focus on spin rather than smashing.

Again I can double check with the Joola Professional & Sales guy, but I think this is a correct description. I'll be working with the guy regularly soon, so hopefully I'll have a lot more info on Joola rubbers.