just curious...who's from USA and whats your rating!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
So this is a UK based forum with a bunch of international users talking about their leagues and tournaments and it just sounds so much better than what is offered here in the US... I just want to see how many people in the US are on here, what your USATT rating is and where you're from!

I'm currently rated 1705 but playing around 1800 since I only can do about 3 tournaments per year (sad)...and I'm in New York!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
I'm currently 1385 from the last 2 tournaments I've played in the last year. I don't play as often as I'd like to in tournaments, but have had some coaches tell me I play around 1800. I'm a bad rallier and I have a lot of trouble with dead spin, but hopefully the next tournament I'm going to (cary cup) I'm hoping to turn up my rating to something around what my skill level was said to be. I'm currently living in PA, but will be moving down to MD.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
my usatt rating is 1196 and league rating is 1558 or something .... don't play tournament that often and when I do, I play higher ( if you are paying for it why not play against better players .... philosophy :) ) ... .... but i am starting to give players around 1900 trouble once I am thoroughly warmed up ... so I guess in another 6 months the rating is going to go higher ....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Hi there!,

I am currently ranked at 1468 in the USATT. I play maybe 4 or 5 tournaments a year the last one being the U.S. Open this past summer. But, I can usually give 1800 players a run for their money when I play them. I currently reside in Denver and play around 4 times a week.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
You would never guess it from my screen name and location, but I iz also American dude. :)

My USATT rating is a few years old and severely under-rated, so I relate where I play for a better idea. I play Div 2 in my city and div 3 in Seoul when I go there. Players in that div range from 1900-2200 USATT. All us foreign TT players here in Korea formed a USATT sanctioned club and when our umpire gets back to Korea, we will prolly run a couple invitationals to build more players with USATT ratings, then open it up for many more wanting a try at our USA system. I had one heck of a time playing even once a week while in USA, here in Korea, I rarely miss a day and can actually train some (3x a week 20 minute lessons) I sometimes visit other club, 'cause it is fun and I can, knowing Korean as a foreigner helps a lot.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
I hate playing little kids that are so good! lol I remember I had to play Tong Tong Gong in the 2010 Eastern Open in New Jersey and he came out of that tournament rated 2231. Beat me 11-2, 11-1, 11-9...and only half my height lol I was only playing around 1650 but still the kid had talent!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
It's much easier for him lol. He can keep his elbow below the ball so that means everything coming to him that is long to the table is attackable. The same was happening when the Skonick boys were growing up. They were 9, 13, and 14 years old, but they were all getting really good. When I first played Gabriel I was probably around 1100 skill level and he was definitely above his 1700 or so rating, probably more close to 1900-2000 and he'd only been playing for 6 months or so.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Well are you lol? A lot of people in California have weighted ratings though. If you've ever played someone from Portland or Seattle you'll know what I mean. There are people in the 1700's that seldom ever play outside of their club tournaments and can't ever seem to break 2000. They hold 2000 as if it's some pedestal like the infamous 2500 in other parts of the U.S. I once saw a guy from Portland play the 2000+ level players around the east coast here and beat them pretty bad in a club match. He was shocked that they were rated above 2000 as the players rated 2000 in his home club he can't even take a game off of.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
It's much easier for him lol. He can keep his elbow below the ball so that means everything coming to him that is long to the table is attackable. The same was happening when the Skonick boys were growing up. They were 9, 13, and 14 years old, but they were all getting really good. When I first played Gabriel I was probably around 1100 skill level and he was definitely above his 1700 or so rating, probably more close to 1900-2000 and he'd only been playing for 6 months or so.

the skolnicks are incredibly talented. they pay for their own equipment, training, travel, etc, didn't get formal training and reached the high levels they are at now

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
They were coached by many of PA players as well as people from Lancaster TTC. Their dad really paid for their travel during the beginning of their careers, but they make money via jobs and tournament prize money I think.

They are incredibly talented, but most importantly they train like every day with each other.

says backhand - Tenergy 05 black forehand - haifu whale blade...
says backhand - Tenergy 05 black forehand - haifu whale blade...
Nov 2011
Well are you lol? A lot of people in California have weighted ratings though. If you've ever played someone from Portland or Seattle you'll know what I mean. There are people in the 1700's that seldom ever play outside of their club tournaments and can't ever seem to break 2000. They hold 2000 as if it's some pedestal like the infamous 2500 in other parts of the U.S. I once saw a guy from Portland play the 2000+ level players around the east coast here and beat them pretty bad in a club match. He was shocked that they were rated above 2000 as the players rated 2000 in his home club he can't even take a game off of.

That is so true Richard....a friend of mine that i beat most of the time was rated 1800, and used to play tons of tournaments around here but would really have a hard time getting his ratting above 1850, went to the Baltimore team event and came back with a rating over 2000!! My friend was so excited that he treated us for a nice dinner after practice when he came back:) I have heard before other people jokingly saying that Baltimore is THE place to get some extra rating points as lots of east coast player participate.