Fred - The first 3 Years.

jkc

says You sent me the following PM which you didn't ask for a...

jkc

Nov 2010
A new forum, lots of new members (as well as lots of members I know from elsewhere). As many of you don't know me or Fred, it seems like the perfect excuse to put a few vids together showing his progress training over the last 3 years or so.

Fred's first video - 28/10/07 (aged 4 1/2)

Fred's 5th Birthday video - 5/4/08 (aged almost 5)

Fred's 6th Birthday video - 13/4/09 (aged 6)

And Fred's Latest video - 31/10/10 (aged 7 1/2)

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
he could be amazing he he doesnt peak early

jkc

jkc

Nov 2010
He gets plenty of 'real drills'. Just not on the vids.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
He gets plenty of 'real drills'. Just not on the vids.

'And Fred's Latest video - 31/10/10 (aged 7 1/2)'

Jesus christ!!! he is insane for a 7 year old! fantastic work,, he could be the new timo boll... looks similar to timos first vids when he was 6 or 7..

Please submit the progress of Fred, will be interesting..

Thanks

jkc

jkc

Nov 2010
He does everything else left handed too except batting at cricket though I think this is probably more due to his 2 handed backhand at tennis. He did play TT lefthanded and tennis right handed for a few weeks when he first started playing tennis a couple of years ago. I think this was because his muscle memory was so strong for his TT shots and he couldn't play his tennis shots very well. Once his tennis coach found out he was really left handed he swapped him to lefty at tennis.

I didn't discourage him from using his left hand when he was little though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
He does everything else left handed too except batting at cricket though I think this is probably more due to his 2 handed backhand at tennis. He did play TT lefthanded and tennis right handed for a few weeks when he first started playing tennis a couple of years ago. I think this was because his muscle memory was so strong for his TT shots and he couldn't play his tennis shots very well. Once his tennis coach found out he was really left handed he swapped him to lefty at tennis.

I didn't discourage him from using his left hand when he was little though.

Tennis and Table Tennis? That's gonna be kind of though. I used to pay both, and every time I move from one to the other, it really f***s with my muscle memory. Sometimes it even messes with my ability to strategize and react to shots. I have on more than one occasion come from playing TT to Tennis and tried to "touch" a slice back over the net like pushing in TT.... it was rather amusing.

jkc

jkc

Nov 2010
Fred enjoys his tennis, so I don't want to stop him doing it. He doesn't seem to have any problem switching between the 2 sports though I think he gets a little bit too sideways at times with his table tennis shots. There may come a time when he has to consider stopping playing tennis, but he will choose for himself.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Tennis and Table Tennis? That's gonna be kind of though. I used to pay both, and every time I move from one to the other, it really f***s with my muscle memory. Sometimes it even messes with my ability to strategize and react to shots. I have on more than one occasion come from playing TT to Tennis and tried to "touch" a slice back over the net like pushing in TT.... it was rather amusing.

Fair point :D, Which ever he choices he will be great...

jkc

jkc

Nov 2010
Although we have been told that he is exceptionally talented at Tennis also, we can't afford to keep up with the cost of the coaching needed to allow him to achieve his full potential. He would always end up being overtaken by kids who could afford more coaching and court-time which I would find very frustrating. TT costs next to nothing in comparison.