New custom bat. For intermediate player. suitable

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Have over a years worth of experience. My game is decent although I need to improve my ability to brush the ball (not like i cant just know i can get better). Currently using a premade bat the Palio legend 2. Was very fast and hard to control initially although Im now able to play effectively with it and looking into getting a new bat. Im aware of the hate on players who arent pro using high end equipment although I would like to hear some opinions on a composition im looking to purchase (and advice/alternatives if necessary).
Im thinking of getting the SK7 classic (7 ply all wood blade) with tenergy 80 on backhand and tenergy 05fx on forehand. Although not rly sure abt the forehand, im aware the tenergy05 can be abit too much so i thought the fx version on an allwood blade would help with some control although im open to alternatives for my forehand rubber/blade. the backhand im pretty set on as I have a solid/consistent bh.

Thanks,

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
The SK7 is more suited to a direct game (hitters etc). Recommend the original korbel instead. I might go against the grain, but harder rubbers are better for forehand. Might as well get the regular t05.

Reactions: thekleifheit13
This user has no status.
Since dignics 05 just came out why not try that first, supposedly it's the better version of tenergy 05, at least the marketing makes it looks like that.

Because it's costs $105 USD per sheet. Spend that money on coaching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Beep-Beep
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Because it's costs $105 USD per sheet. Spend that money on coaching.

So? $105 per sheet and you can use it at least a few months, that's no more than 1/10 of your coaching cost over that time period, I don't see a reason why not to get one if you're comparing like that.

Let him choose the equipment if he has money. He is asking for equipment advice, let us give him that. Whether he can use it effectively ir not it depends on him. Back to the blade, try the Nostalgic Off or Xiom S7. Joola Viva is also good.

Reactions: Vxneji
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Aha Im asking for equipment advice based on the fact im not an advanced player ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Yes your correct about the racket. Although its old and worn out now, so im looking to upgrade. I play 5/6 times per week (arnd 7 hours a week). Id prefer a rubber that would last over 6 months preferably ( Ive seen some people mention the tenergy rubbers only last 3 months?). As for the palio legend, its abit too fast/offensive for my liking, chopping/blocking is extremely difficult. One of my friends that I play with used to coach table tennis (his extremely skilled) and even he says the bat is too fast for him.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Also regarding the blade, Id prefer control over speed (obviously not too slow) but I prefer generating speed from my stroke as opposed to the blade doing it for me, if that makes sense ?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Vxneji, have you tried any of the Tenergy rubbers? They will be very different than the Palio rubbers. If you want to slow things down, are you sure you want Tenergy?

It does sound like a Korbel would be fine for you as a blade. A Primorac might be good as well. If you are going to us rubbers as fast as Tenergy, you may as well make the blade not quite as fast like the Primorac.