Tables in Clubs

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Table Tennis Clubs are sometimes sponsored by manufacturers so all their tables are of that brand.

Do you think tt clubs should use a mix of table brands so players can prepare properly for tournaments using a different brand ?

Does your club use more than one table brand ?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
In a local club that is not sponsored use all sorts, but in a most sponsored club they're mostly of that brand. Like the club I play at regularly is a butterfly sponsored club so of course the butterfly centrefold 25 is what we use. Although in a club I play at also regularly is a local that is not sponsored. The best one we have is the same as the butterfly, but we also have killerspin tables. The best killerspin table imo is the revolution? i think is called. Most parks are just donic for some reason. I just think if you want to train then try to have lesson in one place and play actual games else where. That way you are more prepared for tournaments than playing in one place.

We have BTY Centrefold and Europa and Andro Competition.
Europa is different than Centrefold. I prefer Europa. Andro is very different.
Even if of the same brand, different models are different.
You can't have all type of tables, but I think its good to have some different tables, in order to get used to deal with the differencies.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
There may be a national sponsor too. So when clubs play in the national league, they must use tables from the sponsor. This is the case here and the national sponsor is Stiga, so the clubs usually buy Stiga tables.

Btw, many tables are made at the same factory and sold under different brands. But of course, a brand like Stiga may source models from different factories (and I am pretty sure they do).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think this is about money. My club is a Yasaka club so i am pretty sure we can get them much cheaper than other brands. So i do not think we will ever have other tables than yasaka.

I think it is easier to focus on the ball and in my opinion that differ more. So try to use the ball that will be used at your next tournament or match.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
I think the Stag tables play different than Stiga Butterfly or Donic, lf so a definite adjustment for tounament play.

Very rarely at clubs do you find a mix of table brands. If you watch the Irkutsk club players, who have been featured on a thread, they play on Stigas, when they go to a tournament using the DHS frictionless top surface, it makes a major impact on their game

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Running TT clubs is hard. Funds are tight. At least it is for us. We're not sponsored but if a TT brand did want to sponsor us and supply us with all of their 1 type of tables? lol Anybody who doesn't like it will just have to suck it up. ;) He who pays the piper calls the tune.

In all honesty though, I'd say about 20% of our club at most are traveling USATT tournament players so they're in the minority and don't really get to dictate the direction we go as a club. We have to make financial decisions that helps us keep the cost of club down and the entry point (always looking to get more people into the sport) easy and affordable.

Well it depends on money, but it depends on the club's goals and policy, the profile of the target players, and at the end what you receive depend on what you give.
You may start with greater own investment for qualiy stuff, but with a quality stuff it will be easier to atract more players and quality players. If you manage to do this, it will be easier to find sponsors for future activities.