Does anybody know how the Garaydia ALC performs?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
I think it is a good blade considering it is consisted out of ALC layers and hinoki outer layers which adds in controllability. As of my understanding, their speeds are as follows:
primorac carbon>garaydia alc>tb alc>vis>innerforce alc

I don't think many people even have tried this blade because there isn't much info about it, but for those of you who have tried I want to ask how it performs even when compared with BTY's top alc blades such as vis. Is this blade good for looping and driving as much as other BTY alc blades? Also how does this blade compare with the primorac carbon in terms of feel and power?

I also want to know how the blade feels in general(vibration: high, low, dull) and what rubbers you guys recommend for the blade. I'm thinking of ones from the evolution series but I'm assuming they also may be too fast.

Last edited:

NDH

says Spin to win!
Well, this all depends on your level - Do you have any video anywhere?

I personally own the Garaydia ZLC, but have also hit quite a bit with the Garaydia ALC.

For loops and away from the table play - I love the ZLC version.

It offers a bit more pop, and is one of the best looping blades I’ve ever used.

If you prefer to stay closer/mid range and attack - You’ll probably prefer the ALC.

It has a similar feeling to the Viscaria in some ways, but it’s a little quicker (not much), and not quite as crisp (which you may like or dislike).

The Primorac Carbon is a Tamca 5000 blade, and is a whole different ball game. I used to use the Schlager Carbon (similar to Primorac), and it’s just a bit quicker and harder than the Garaydia series.

In my opinion, it’s too quick for most people.

The Garaydia has a nice feeling, but this is so subjective - How I “feel” the blade could be opposite to how you feel the blade - Don’t worry about that side of things - All I’ll say is that it feels absolutely fine, nothing stands out here.

The rubbers will depend on how you play.

I used it last night with MX-S on both sides, and it was very nice to play with. Direct in the block, very spinny on the loops, and very controllable.

I’ve also played with it with T05 on both sides, and it’s similar, with a little less crispness compared with MX-S, but possibly better in the longer game.

Lastly, I’ll state that the Garydia series are the nicest blades I’ve ever felt - The overall finish on them is superb.

says Hi TT Comunity!
NHD Just curious. is the VS Unlimited your preferred blade?

Well, this all depends on your level - Do you have any video anywhere?

I personally own the Garaydia ZLC, but have also hit quite a bit with the Garaydia ALC.

For loops and away from the table play - I love the ZLC version.

It offers a bit more pop, and is one of the best looping blades I’ve ever used.

If you prefer to stay closer/mid range and attack - You’ll probably prefer the ALC.

It has a similar feeling to the Viscaria in some ways, but it’s a little quicker (not much), and not quite as crisp (which you may like or dislike).

The Primorac Carbon is a Tamca 5000 blade, and is a whole different ball game. I used to use the Schlager Carbon (similar to Primorac), and it’s just a bit quicker and harder than the Garaydia series.

In my opinion, it’s too quick for most people.

The Garaydia has a nice feeling, but this is so subjective - How I “feel” the blade could be opposite to how you feel the blade - Don’t worry about that side of things - All I’ll say is that it feels absolutely fine, nothing stands out here.

The rubbers will depend on how you play.

I used it last night with MX-S on both sides, and it was very nice to play with. Direct in the block, very spinny on the loops, and very controllable.

I’ve also played with it with T05 on both sides, and it’s similar, with a little less crispness compared with MX-S, but possibly better in the longer game.

Lastly, I’ll state that the Garydia series are the nicest blades I’ve ever felt - The overall finish on them is superb.

NDH

says Spin to win!
The VS Unlimited is my favourite blade so far (as an all around blade).

It's not as good at looping as the Garaydia, but it's better in the short to mid game for me.

I've bought the Harimoto ALC, which I'm hoping will be my "holy grail" of blades, and I won't need to change again!

Reactions: RidTheKid
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I like the thought of the Harimoto blade having a bigger head which offers harder fh loops. I'm just concerned that the handle might be too thin. Butterfly make decent handles (Vis feels ok) but I like'm even thicker even though I have smallish hands, relaxes the grip.

Sorry, what I meant was that for "when taking all of the shots into consideration", the VS Unlimited was better.

It's definitely an attacking blade - It's pretty quick!

I'll be reviewing the Harimoto blade next week hopefully!

Reactions: chikuy

NDH

says Spin to win!
I like the thought of the Harimoto blade having a bigger head which offers harder fh loops. I'm just concerned that the handle might be too thin. Butterfly make decent handles (Vis feels ok) but I like'm even thicker even though I have smallish hands, relaxes the grip.

This was pretty much my only concern (smaller handle) - Especially because the VS Unlimited has a nice chunky handle which I like.

But, the size dimensions of the Harimoto handle look the same as the Garaydia ZLC (which I own), and I love that.

It also looks smoother/rounder, like the Garaydia, compared with the square handle of some of the other Butterfly ranges (Boll and JM).

Reactions: RidTheKid
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Now I derail the thread totally and I apologize for that, but Tibhar seems to make pretty thick handles generally? I'm thinking of the Samsonov Force Pro Black edition which is supposed to have a big handle. Not tried it myself, but it sounds good at least.

This was pretty much my only concern (smaller handle) - Especially because the VS Unlimited has a nice chunky handle which I like.

But, the size dimensions of the Harimoto handle look the same as the Garaydia ZLC (which I own), and I love that.

It also looks smoother/rounder, like the Garaydia, compared with the square handle of some of the other Butterfly ranges (Boll and JM).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
i heard that the garaydia alc has a somewhat larger handle compared to something like a tb alc and wanted to know if it was true.

Can you tell me what the garaydia's vibrations are like as in a lot, minimal, dull, sharp, etc since it has hinoki outer piles. Thanks in advance

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Got this from Butterfly's webshop, what it means in reality I can only guess.

Reaction Property12.2
Vibration Property13.7

i heard that the garaydia alc has a somewhat larger handle compared to something like a tb alc and wanted to know if it was true.

Can you tell me what the garaydia's vibrations are like as in a lot, minimal, dull, sharp, etc since it has hinoki outer piles. Thanks in advance