Sanwei Fextra 7 (New Racket Construct)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Build a new racket, haven't played with it yet though. I'm curious to see what others perspective might be on its performance/potential. I am trying to adopt the Chinese style of play and philosophy. Using more a 3rd ball attack kind of play, and topspin oriented. I've been using my Andro racket to work on proper footwork and stroke techniques to have a playing style that is "from the ground up". Switching ST -> FL because I feel it gives me more stability on my FH strokes. THANK YOU FOR ANY INPUT/ADVICE!!!

New set up:
Sanwei Fextra, FL
FH: Sanwei Target National, Max
BH: Andro Rasanter R42, Max

Net Weight: +192g

Been using:
Andro Temper Tech ALL+, ST
FH: DHS H3 Provincial (Orange), 2.2 mm
BH: BTY Rozena, 1.9 mm
Net Weight: 164g

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
I play with Fextra 7.
Thought i would be good with Xiom Vll rubber Max red on fh. But It felt to Hard and not so much spin.
So now i tried with Tibhar Select. It's fit the wood good. Good spin soft feeling and perfect to punch and blocking with.
My backhand is Victas VO 102 Black 1.8.
Feels really good it all for my playing style.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
I bought a fextra, honestly, I did like it, but dont use it.

This is why: I play with HRT clipper, have been playing with it for 4 years now, it is soft, but not to soft, stiff, and direct, fast.
HRT stop selling it, so I wanted a new blade that could be similar...I tryed the Fextra.

About Fextra: is fast, very good control, soft, good on opening topspin, good in the short game, blocks and rallys.
But, isnt so good for finishing the point, there is something in that soft feel that doesnt give me the confidence and the penetration when I want to finish the point.

The HRT has that, it is a little worse in the first opening top spin, but it's not a big a difference.

maybe because fextra is 6mm vs the 7mm of HRT, and of corse the 4 years of HRT gave me confidence using it.

Well, Fextra is an exelent blade, but i'm just used to HRT Clipper, I guess i'll never find one like it, so, better forget getting a substitute unless it brakes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Hustler37 I appreciate the input, I actually love the construct, great looping on FH with Sanwei TN, hard to control for me at first but I see the perks of the gear on the rubber mixed with the looping potential of the blade. On the BH side the Andro Rasanter R42, is a bit slow, but very spinning and great for me in my case at a my talent level is on the beginners-intermediate range. All in all its a great starter blade for chinese style and learner.

I'm thinking maybe BTY rozena (max) could be awesome on the BH though or perhaps moving up to the Andro R47 (max), or Stiga Mantra M (max), i really appreciate that rubber now after using Andro Rasanter R42.