New rule proposal - Different colour rubbers!

Should this rule be approved?

• OH YES!

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • This is awesome!

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I'm on the fence

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Not to sure

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • No way!

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
A new rule is being submitted to the 2019 ITTF AGM to allow for brighter colours on rubbers.

A new game changer could be taking place very soon! A new rule that has been proposed is to allow for a different rubber colour on one side of your bat. You must have one black side at all times and the other side can be of a different colour.

timobollpinkrubber.png

The rule submitted here states:

Proposed by HKG, ITTF member association, and the ITTF Equipment (Proposition 6)

Committee.To amend Law 2.4.6 so to permit more bright colours than red for racket coverings.

2.4.6 The surface of the covering material on a side of the blade, or of a side of the blade if it is left uncovered, shall be matt, bright red on one side and black on the other black on one side, and of a bright colour clearly distinguishable from black and from the colours of the ball as defined in Law 2.3.3, on the other.

What do you think of this new rule proposal? Are you for or against it?

Reactions: Suga D
yeah they wanna make money as everybody elses in all markets, but i don't see it is a bad idea, im planning to have green in my BH dough :cool:

Green and Blue is OK, I've spent a lot of years with that flag, now I feel comf enough with the Black&Red.
Would accept Marsala@Grass, but not Pink&Yellow.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Well, this is how it used to be ! In the 1980s I used Yasaka Tornado - a sort of insipid orange.......

I can remember that one too. One of my club mates had it on the backhand on the other side of an eggplant coloured 729 friendship.

2eq7w54.jpg

I also remember the Nittaku Milford being made in the same colour.
If I recall correctly there also was a Joola Clippa rubber in that colour.
M19093952_big.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: yoass and Ioiettino

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
I can remember that one too. One of my club mates had it on the backhand on the other side of an eggplant coloured 729 friendship.

View attachment 18941

I also remember the Nittaku Milford being made in the same colour.
If I recall correctly there also was a Joola Clippa rubber in that colour.
View attachment 18942

Yay, an uncut sheet ! How old is that photo ? I had this on both sides of a Stiga Contra Super Carbon - zero control of course, but loads of fun to hit with especially with 38mm balls.

A bit of a conicidence, but someone who hadn't played for years turned up at our club last month, he brought along his old bat which still had Tornado on one side. More remarkable still, because he had kept the bat in his garage the rubber hadn't deteriorated ! I by comparison always kept my bat in the house, so when I went back to playing 4-5 years ago the rubber had turned a dark brown in places and had become hard, brittle and shiny - I didn't dare try to use it !

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I wonder if it Will be harder to play against different opponents. That it takes a while for the eyes to adjust to a specific colour.