My first custom racket

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Hi guys!
I want to buy my first semi-intermediate racket focusing in a more aggressive looping style (i played until now with kind of "beach rackets" and it is not much enoyable more.) I tought to go for a cheapy ->
Yinhe w6
Ak 47 red rubber fh
Ak 47 blue rubber bh
I wanted to ask u:
1) Is this a good combination or for the yinhe is better to use other rubbers (and if yes/no what are the motivations?)
2) I'm not sure about the red-blue combo or the yellow-blue (or also the red-yellow). From what I understood the yellow one should be less speedy but more into control-spin then the red one. Should I maybe go less risky considering this will be my first serious racket and go for the yellow-blue combo?
Thanks for the attention, any advice will be really appreciated.

Last edited:
says Hi TT Comunity!
you can buy a pro raquet, i don't go with all the informations that is in the air for example that if you are not a pro player you can't used a fast blade , im the one who thinks you can get use to any kind of raquet, but you have to be aware that some blade or raquets will help you to perform your shots or plays that is obviously right that is why i choose to play with faster rubbers and blades that are fast ( the stickier the rubber the best for rotations and loops, so you can start trying fasters rubbers and then, after some changes you will find yourself what is the best for you

This user has no status.
IMHO, Ak47 blue might be too soft for BH. I use Ak47 yellow for BH and it's very good control.
Yinhe w6 is not a hard blade. If you use soft rubber on a soft blade, balls will bounce a lot with a small touch.
I recommend Ak47 red for FH and yellow for BH. You should have good control with this.

This user has no status.
I agree with usualsuspect about going with Red and Yellow. I would not go with fast equipment, as the first two posters have said. Recreational (beach) rackets are very slow even compared to very slow custom rackets. The setups they're suggesting would very likely feel completely uncontrollable to you after using beach rackets. You want something with decent spin potential, good feeling, and not too much speed. The setup you're considering should work well.