Hard + Soft Combination?

says Just got my first racquet!
Is it better to have a hard blade and then add softer rubbers to it, have a soft blade and then add hard rubbers to it, or it doesn't even make a difference? Name some good rubber + blade combinations.

btw:

I generally am a two-wing looper. I like to use a style close to the chinese-style loop (arm is around 135 degrees). I play close to the table mostly.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
Based on my experience:
- Tibhar Phantom X (Ultra stiff n hard) with Tibhar Nianmor (Hard) = Uncontrollable Nightmare :(
- Tibhar Phantom X with Tibhar Genius Optimum Sound (Softee) = Nice :)
- LKT Instinct+ (Medium feel) with Tibhar Volcano (Medium feel) = Joyous control for allrounders
- Donic Defplay Senso (Soft feel) with H3NEO (Medium-hard feel) = Very nice control with massive spin and schnapps o' amazing loops ;)

It works different for everyone tho, but I hardly find anyone who is playing comfortably with hard hard or soft soft.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
It all depends on what your personal preferences are. For those that like to smash they will prefer harder blades with medium to harder rubbers. For those that enjoy and all around game they'll go for softer blades with soft to medium rubbers. And for those who enjoy an offensive loop game it'll be any combination that provides your personal preferences. It's really just about learning to feel the ball with the equipment you get and then adjusting as necessary.

As for 135 degrees if you are snapping your arm into a 90 more often that's still the more modern Euro Style. Chinese style typically will be about 150 - 180 degrees in arm length. Stefan Feth a German player that moved to the U.S. recommends a 135 degree arm for his Butterfly videos. He was trained in Germany and was very talented there, but moved to the U.S. and is now our National Olympic Coach I believe.