PDA

View Full Version : Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

karupinkun
09-17-2019, 11:01 AM
I just noticed thats there another thing we need to think about for the team lineup. Im quite sure Sato is out if the consideration for the olympics, because she plays defence. She will not make top 2 for a singles spot and JNT will not pair an attack/defence double or let their number 3. play two singles in the team games

Vlad Celler
09-17-2019, 11:07 AM
https://ittf.cdnomega.com/eu/2019/09/World-Ranking-description-2019-25Mar-1.pdf

The theoretical maximum she can get is 1440 pts(8*180 pts) in the team event but that's hardly possible, realistically 540-720 pts. She needs to finish 4th(1080 pts) in singles to raise her ranking points.

That's right ...
But the gap between Ishikawa and Ito in the ranking will narrow ....And in the December ranking, Ishikawa gets the opportunity to become higher than Ito ......She has fewer deductions of old bonuses for November 2018 ....

Tempest/Comet
09-17-2019, 02:05 PM
Team is over, status quo still maintained. Ishikawa didn't gain any advantage over Hirano. Singles coming.
rule 3.9.3: Continental Games Team and Singles points count as a sum for the singles ranking. CIC didn't play for Taipei-Japan, Hirano gained 180 pts on her.

Vlad Celler
09-17-2019, 02:14 PM
Yes ... Both - 360 points in the team ... But (my opinion) - Ishikawa has a bit more chances in singles than Hirano ....
(theoretically .... one step ...)

zeio
09-17-2019, 05:41 PM
3 weeks ago, as part of a series for the upcoming Tokyo 2020, Ito was asked to give a brief introduction of her Chinese rivals. CM, DN, LSW, WMY, SYS and ZYL, in that order.

CM - 1st in the world. Impressive and consistent rallies, strong lower body strength. H3 very hard to handle but I used it to help myself grow. BFG if you can use it.
DN - 2nd in the world. Veteran, the complete package. Mindset her strong and weak point, but covered by her ability. If you have what it takes, you feel you have a chance playing her.
LSW - 5th in the world. Fast paced. Been watching her video since I was a kid. Been able to play with a Japanese-like body shape through good use of body and wit. Not very powerful but very delicate. Gives off a peace of mind after winning WTTC 2019. Can't wait to play her.
WMY/SYS - 4th and 7th in the world. Both very explosive and fearless. Other CNT players would switch to safe mode when it gets tight but these 2 are my way or the highway. I feel SYS is the strongest now after losing to her at WTTC 2019. Trunk stronger now and has switched to a compact swing.
ZYL - 3rd in the world who won the T2 Malaysia last month. (Yup, 1 line only)

If I were a CNT coach, I'd definitely go with SYS for Tokyo 2020, LSW for consistency, and DN for doubles as a lefty. Will do my best not to lose to them.

https://mainichi.jp/articles/20190828/ddm/035/050/130000c

アスリート交差点2020
今を楽しむ 多彩な中国選手=卓球・伊藤美誠

https://i.imgur.com/uOnoxUq.jpg

卓球王国と呼ばれる中国選手は世界ランキングの上位を占めていますが、タイプはさまざま。今回は日ごろ、ツアーで戦うライバルたちを紹介します。

世界1位の陳夢選手(25)はこの半年間、飛び抜けた存在でした。昨年までは安定感のあるラリーが印象的でしたが、下半身を強化してさらに揺さぶりに強くなりました。中国のトップ選手に共通しますが、陳夢選手も先を見ています。「キョウヒョウ」という扱うのが難しい中国製ラバーがあるのですが、代表争いの時期であっても自分を成長させるためにあえて使っています。使えれば大きな武器になるからです。

2位の丁寧選手(29)はリオデジャネイロ五輪金メダリスト。経験豊富で、技術力を含めてあらゆるものを兼ね備えています。強いて弱点を挙げるなら、メンタルかもしれませんが、実力でカバーしています。実力があれば自信が持てるから。だからこそ、私が実力で超えたらチャンスはある。強い選手だし、対戦できるのは光栄ですが、私にとっては特別な選手ではなく、むしろ勝たなければいけない選手だと思っています。

5位の劉詩〓選手(28)はテンポの速さが特徴。小さな頃から映像を何度も見てきました。日本人と変わらない体形であれだけ戦えるのは、体の使い方がうまくて頭もいいから。すごくパワーがあるわけじゃないが、とても繊細。今年の世界選手権で優勝してからは心の余裕を感じます。優勝後の今こそ対戦したい選手です。

4位の王曼〓選手(20)と7位の孫穎莎選手(18)の若手2人はどちらも爆発力があって、怖いもの知らず。他の中国選手は接戦になるとミスの少ないプレーに切り替えますが、2人は自分の卓球を貫きます。とりわけ、世界選手権で敗れた孫選手は今、一番強いと感じます。体幹が強くなって、振りもコンパクトに変わりました。

このほか、3位には先月の「T2ダイヤモンド」で優勝した朱雨玲選手(24)もいます。私が中国の監督だったら孫選手は絶対に(代表に)選びます。それから安定感のある劉選手。3人目はダブルスを考えて左の丁寧選手。私も中国選手に負けないように頑張ります。=アスリート交差点は随時掲載(タイトルは自筆)

Q 印象に残っている夏の思い出は?

A 4歳から小学6年まで出場した全日本選手権のホープス・カブ・バンビの部。暑い中、神戸の体育館に通いました。あの時の苦しい経験があるからこそ今があります。最近も海外の試合から帰ると夏が終わっているという感じ。東京五輪後は、花火やバーベキューなど夏らしさを楽しみたいです。

■人物略歴
いとう・みま

静岡県磐田市出身。2015年3月のドイツ・オープンでツアー史上最年少(当時)の14歳152日で優勝。16年リオデジャネイロ五輪団体銅メダル。18、19年全日本選手権3冠達成。スターツ所属。18歳。

Vlad Celler
09-17-2019, 06:16 PM
Team is over, status quo still maintained. Ishikawa didn't gain any advantage over Hirano. Singles coming.
rule 3.9.3: Continental Games Team and Singles points count as a sum for the singles ranking. CIC didn't play for Taipei-Japan, Hirano gained 180 pts on her.

W.W.C. 18-20/10/2019.....
Apparently, there will be a mandatory replacement of old results with new ones?
(С.I.C. - 2040 , 2018/09 )

apacible
09-17-2019, 07:20 PM
There seems to be some confusion on the thread on whether or not points gained in the team event of the Asian Champs are added with points gained from the singles event. As seen in reply #500 made by Zeio, "3.9.2. Continental senior team championships matches count separately from the individual points and with a maximum of 8 match wins." Therefore, in the Asian Championships, you only get WR points from either your singles performance or team event performance, whichever is higher, but not both.

The Continental Table Tennis Championships is different from the continental games. For Continental Games, team and singles points count as a sum for the singles rankings. Continental games include the Asian Games, European Games and Pan Am Games where there are many different sports being played aside from table tennis (basically the regional Olympic games). In the continental games, you add your points gained from the singles event and from the team event. That's why Kanak Jha got such a big boost in WR this month after the Pan Am Games. He only finished 3rd in singles for 685 points, but this is added to his team performance of 560pts (8 wins x 70pts) to get a total of 1245 points. If you notice, his 2018 Pan Am Championships result is 1800 for winning the singles event last year, but his team event wins were not added to his total because again, that was a continental championship, where table tennis is the only sport being played and where team event performance and singles performance are not added together but count separately.

So, when trying to determine what performance Hirano or Ishikawa needs in the Asian Champs to gain WR points, it's safe to completely ignore team event wins and to focus solely on their singles performance since the Asian Table Tennis Championships is a continental championship where team and singles results don't stack, and is not part of the continental games, where team and singles results do stack.

Goals for individual players in singles:

Hirano needs to reach at least the SF to get 1170 pts and knock off her lowest result of 900.
Cheng I-Ching needs to reach at least the QF to get 900pts and overtake Hirano in seeding for next month's World Cup.
Ishikawa needs to reach the final to get 1350 pts to better her Asian Cup result of 1170 because of the rule that only a "Maximum one continental event counts out of the singles continental championships, team continental championships and continental cup for seniors." Ishikawa can use her Asian Cup result or Asian Champs result from this year, whichever is higher for her top 8 results, but cannot use both because of this rule. Even if Ishikawa reaches the SF in the Asian Champs and gets 1170 pts, the rules won't allow that 1170 to be used to replace her lowest result of 900, so she needs to make the final at least to get any kind of gain in ranking.

Women's doubles- the performance of the Ishikawa/Hirano pairing in the next few events will have a great impact in determining the Olympic Team. They don't need to be on the same level as Ito/Hayata, but the pairing needs to be decent enough to beat pairings of lesser talent and be competitive with the established doubles pairings of other top teams in the world. If the pairing plays at the level of Mizutani/Niwa or Harimoto/Ishikawa in these events, it will raise serious doubts in the minds of JTTA as to the viability of a team composed of Ito, Hirano and Ishikawa since doubles will be a big issue to solve. Ishikawa and Hirano will likely take this pairing seriously as this will serve as a contingency to be selected as the third team member in case either doesn't make the Olympic singles event.

apacible
09-17-2019, 07:43 PM
That's right ...
But the gap between Ishikawa and Ito in the ranking will narrow ....And in the December ranking, Ishikawa gets the opportunity to become higher than Ito ......She has fewer deductions of old bonuses for November 2018 ....

W.W.C. 18-20/10/2019.....
Apparently, there will be a mandatory replacement of old results with new ones?
(С.I.C. - 2040 , 2018/09 )

Since World Cup points expire from edition to edition, and not after 12 months like regular World Tour events, Cheng's 2040 pts from last year's World Cup will not yet be expired by the time the seeding will be done for October's World Cup. Therefore, if Hirano can't advance past the QF in the Asian Champs, she really needs to hope Cheng I-Ching loses before the QF, or Hirano could have a really tough draw next month.

You mentioned that Ishikawa can overtake Ito in the December ranking since Ito's 2018 Swedish Open win points and Austrian Open points will expire, and that's true. However, Ishikawa will also get a deduction from the expiration of her 2018 World Cup result of 1913 pts. Because of the across-the-board points deflation, if Ishikawa maintains the same SF finish in the World Cup, she'll still end up losing points since 3rd place only awards 1660 pts this time around. The across-the-board points deflation will alter ranking points significantly, especially for those players who participated in last year's World Cup, so I'm curious to see how the rankings play out by November and December. In any case, December rankings don't really matter since none of the December events will use WR for seeding purposes. The only relevant event in December is the World Tour Grand Finals where seeding is based on World Tour Standings and not December World Ranking. January 2020 ranking is the real goal for all these players.

zeio
09-18-2019, 06:38 AM
https://i.imgur.com/jjbc5lU.png
https://i.imgur.com/pdP3yXI.png

Tempest/Comet
09-20-2019, 03:57 AM
CIC is out. Hirano got her World Cup quarter.

zeio
09-20-2019, 06:16 AM
Guess what 大賽命 means? Hirano has it. My idol Ishikawa doesn't have it. Damn.

Janard
09-20-2019, 06:38 AM

Neither does Ito ~

zeio
09-20-2019, 07:36 AM
I'd argue Ito is worse than Ishikawa when it comes to that.

Ito suffered, in her own words, "燃え尽き症候群"(burnout syndrome (https://www.sciencealert.com/burn-out-is-now-officially-recognised-as-a-legitimate-syndrome-by-the-world-health-organisation)) after Rio. Missed her chance in World Cup 2016 where she lost to Hirano. Once in a lifetime opportunity there. She then lost to Wu Yang 2-3 at the ATTC 2017. Keep in mind that she's fairly good at playing choppers.

Those 2 tournaments generated 2 years of benefit for Hirano, namely the Asian Cup and World Cup. Even though she suffered the burnout syndrome as well after WTTC 2017, her luck continued. She has a way with the draw that Ito could only hope. Look how much she envied Harimoto after the draw for WTTC 2019.

https://youtu.be/y49wMzqK-ao?t=179

yoass
09-20-2019, 07:44 AM

Could you elaborate on what you mean by this ’dàsài mìng’? I have hunches and guesses (which would be something along the lines of peaking when it matters most), but suspect you might mean something more clearly defined.

zeio
09-20-2019, 08:18 AM
Could you elaborate on what you mean by this ’dàsài mìng’? I have hunches and guesses (which would be something along the lines of peaking when it matters most), but suspect you might mean something more clearly defined.

Good guess there. 大賽(major competitions; Olympics/WTTC/WC)命(life; fate; destiny). Another term for it is "為大賽而生", literally "born for major competitions."

Sali
09-20-2019, 09:30 AM
Hirano is lucky in Asian Cup now. DN is totaly out of shape as usual, so if she defeat DHK there us a good chance for semifinal. Ishikawa is not that lucky LSW is the best one here.

Vlad Celler
09-21-2019, 05:33 AM
CIC is out. Hirano got her World Cup quarter.

Yes. In the October ranking, 7-10 places will remain unchanged ....
In the second ten so far only Sato is held.
In the third ten, Hayata temporarily (until the December rating) rises above Shibata ....
The chances of Kato, Hayata, Shibata at major ITTF tournaments have equalized - all three will be forced to play the qualification ....

zeio
09-21-2019, 11:09 AM
https://i.imgur.com/ZC1JcAe.png

Found and fixed a bug (https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?20935-Japan-Women-s-Race-to-Tokyo-2020-Singles&p=287205&viewfull=1#post287205) in the highlighting of continental events.

zeio
09-21-2019, 01:50 PM
Some folks in China mock Ito for her Olympic selections...

Brs
09-21-2019, 01:59 PM
There are quite a few people in China. It would be surprising if all of them agreed with her.

zeio
09-21-2019, 02:03 PM
And many now concur with Ito...

Vlad Celler
09-21-2019, 04:17 PM
I don’t understand why JTTA attaches such great importance to the January ITTF ranking for selection in Tokyo 2020 ...
Incidentally, it is by January that Ito and Hayata may have a sharp drop in the ITTF rating ....(more precisely, already in the December ranking) ...

zeio
09-21-2019, 04:20 PM
I don’t understand why JTTA attaches such great importance to the January ITTF ranking for selection in Tokyo 2020 ...
Incidentally, it is by January that Ito and Hayata may have a sharp drop in the ITTF rating ....(more precisely, already in the December ranking) ...

From the document for selection criteria, they're basically going by the performance/results of the players in the year before Tokyo 2020. Some kind of tradition.

Sali
09-21-2019, 04:57 PM
I think it is quite normal. Usualy for such big events there is special camp with Focus on preparation only for that event. So they want to choose those players let's Say half year before the event and Focus on their training.

zeio
09-22-2019, 07:58 AM
https://i.imgur.com/ZC1JcAe.png
https://i.imgur.com/kdDbF5E.png

Tempest/Comet
09-22-2019, 09:56 AM
here, for something more fun, Hayata's new L-side/FH 'alternate route' return.
https://youtu.be/KJX2a5B-67Y
but why is she showing this to the public?

zeio
09-22-2019, 10:20 AM
Some kind of "you should've picked me for the ATTC" message?

Vlad Celler
09-22-2019, 10:26 AM
here, for something more fun, Hayata's new 'alternate route' return.
https://youtu.be/KJX2a5B-67Y
but why is she showing this to the public?

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1522331947908372
(no translation into English ...:()

Vlad Celler
09-22-2019, 10:28 AM
Some kind of "you should've picked me for the ATTC" message?

... for TWC ...
:)

yoass
09-23-2019, 08:15 AM

I do not understand this.

zeio
09-23-2019, 08:52 AM
I understand the confusion since multiple related posts were made separately as things unfolded.

Basically, Ito gave her pick of the Olympic selections if she were the Chinese coach (https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?20935-Japan-Women-s-Race-to-Tokyo-2020-Singles&p=288752&viewfull=1#post288752). It got reported in China and needless to say the general public was very generous in offering their views and opinions. FYI, the general public is made up of fans of DN/LSW/CM/ZYL/WMY/SYS, Tieba coaching staff(akin to the Goon Squad here on TTD), keyboard warriors and whatnot.

So, the general consensus before this ATTC is that Ito was full of shit for picking SYS for singles. Then folks were startled when they saw the lineup for the team final. Sure enough, all kinds of speculation/conjecture sprang up like mushrooms. And now that SYS has won the ATTC, folks are praising Ito for her keen insight. It's hilarious but that's how opinions shift as things unfold.

apacible
09-23-2019, 11:30 AM
Looks like CTTA revised its player lineup for the Swedish and German Open. https://www.ittf.com/2019/09/23/chinese-player-participation-lists-changed-upcoming-events/

Most notable how the new German Open entry list, messes up Ishikawa's Olympic Singles chances a bit. They removed Liu Shiwen, Ding Ning and Zhu Yuling from the lineup, so Ito is now a top 4 seed in this event and won't meet either Chen Meng, Sun Yingsha or Wang Manyu till the SF. Ishikawa, however, remains the 5th seed and can meet either of the above 4 players by the QF. Furthermore, it also moves Hirano to a Top 8 seeded position, so Ishikawa lost her advantage over Hirano in terms of favorability of draws since Hirano was supposed to be seeded 9th before the lineup change.

The German Open is a Platinum Event, with big points on the line, so the decision of CTTA to revise its lineup is big news in terms of the overall singles race.

NextLevel
09-23-2019, 12:00 PM
Looks like CTTA revised its player lineup for the Swedish and German Open. https://www.ittf.com/2019/09/23/chinese-player-participation-lists-changed-upcoming-events/

Most notable how the new German Open entry list, messes up Ishikawa's Olympic Singles chances a bit. They removed Liu Shiwen, Ding Ning and Zhu Yuling from the lineup, so Ito is now a top 4 seed in this event and won't meet either Chen Meng, Sun Yingsha or Wang Manyu till the SF. Ishikawa, however, remains the 5th seed and can meet either of the above 4 players by the QF. Furthermore, it also moves Hirano to a Top 8 seeded position, so Ishikawa lost her advantage over Hirano in terms of favorability of draws since Hirano was supposed to be seeded 9th before the lineup change.

The German Open is a Platinum Event, with big points on the line, so the decision of CTTA to revise its lineup is big news in terms of the overall singles race.

There are enough CNT players in the event which can beat the best JNT players even with the withdrawal of the top seeds that your analysis presupposes a lot based on seeding. Everyone still needs good luck with their specific draws to avoid CNT players in earlier rounds, including CNT players.

Sali
09-23-2019, 12:09 PM
Just to remind the best of others:
Chen Xintong
Gu Yuting
Wang Yidi
all these 3 will be very difficult to overcome by anybody outside of china.
And there are others who can be beaten but still it is 50:50
Generaly it all depends on luck. But the truth is it will be very important for all top3 japanese players.

Vlad Celler
09-23-2019, 12:19 PM
Regarding D.N. - the explanation that she needs to rest before the WWC is not entirely true ....

apacible
09-23-2019, 12:28 PM
I absolute agree with both Next Level and Sali that the draws of the qualifications rounds and after the qualification rounds will also be important. That's why I said, it may mess up Ishikawa's chances a bit. Any one of the top Japanese players can lose in the first round to a Chinese qualifier due to bad luck. Still, Ito and Hirano are in much better positions now and have slightly better chances to do well compared to if China had stayed with its original line-up with Ding Ning, Liu Shiwen and Zhu Yuling. I still stand by my opinion that this news on CTTA's lineup revision has the potential to impact the race in a big way.

Before the revision of lineup:
Hirano had a better chance of drawing a CNT member early than Ito and Ishikawa, who have equal chances of drawing a CNT early.

After the revision of lineup:
Ito has a better chance of avoiding drawing a CNT member early than Hirano and Ishikawa, who have now equal chances of drawing a CNT early.

Won't be surprised though if in Reality:
All 3 of them draw a CNT member in the first round. :))

Vlad Celler
09-23-2019, 12:37 PM
It will be interesting to see the composition of the Chinese team in Austria and Markham ....
(and on the second T-2 Diamond ...)

Sali
09-23-2019, 01:04 PM
I absolute agree with both Next Level and Sali that the draws of the qualifications rounds and after the qualification rounds will also be important. That's why I said, it may mess up Ishikawa's chances a bit. Any one of the top Japanese players can lose in the first round to a Chinese qualifier due to bad luck. Still, Ito and Hirano are in much better positions now and have slightly better chances to do well compared to if China had stayed with its original line-up with Ding Ning, Liu Shiwen and Zhu Yuling. I still stand by my opinion that this news on CTTA's lineup revision has the potential to impact the race in a big way.

Before the revision of lineup:
Hirano had a better chance of drawing a CNT member early than Ito and Ishikawa, who have equal chances of drawing a CNT early.

After the revision of lineup:
Ito has a better chance of avoiding drawing a CNT member early than Hirano and Ishikawa, who have now equal chances of drawing a CNT early.

Won't be surprised though if in Reality:
All 3 of them draw a CNT member in the first round. :))

Yes I got you. still the best way is to defeat CNT member and then no calculation is needed :)

Janard
09-23-2019, 01:59 PM
I understand the confusion since multiple related posts were made separately as things unfolded.

Basically, Ito gave her pick of the Olympic selections if she were the Chinese coach (https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?20935-Japan-Women-s-Race-to-Tokyo-2020-Singles&p=288752&viewfull=1#post288752). It got reported in China and needless to say the general public was very generous in offering their views and opinions. FYI, the general public is made up of fans of DN/LSW/CM/ZYL/WMY/SYS, Tieba coaching staff(akin to the Goon Squad here on TTD), keyboard warriors and whatnot.

So, the general consensus before this ATTC is that Ito was full of shit for picking SYS for singles. Then folks were startled when they saw the lineup for the team final. Sure enough, all kinds of speculation/conjecture sprang up like mushrooms. And now that SYS has won the ATTC, folks are praising Ito for her keen insight. It's hilarious but that's how opinions shift as things unfold.

Haha I think much of the flake came from DN's fans since her inclusion seems to be based solely on the fact that she is left-handed.

NextLevel
09-23-2019, 02:12 PM
Haha I think much of the flake came from DN's fans since her inclusion seems to be based solely on the fact that she is left-handed.

Yeah, it has been obvious for a while that Sun Yingsha, to paraphrase Ian Marshall, is in the ascendancy. Ito was saying nothing special to anyone but maybe fans who wanted Ding Ning to play singles.

Tempest/Comet
09-23-2019, 02:16 PM
It will be interesting to see the composition of the Chinese team in Austria and Markham ....
(and on the second T-2 Diamond ...)

Markham has NOT been confirmed yet, and CCTTA sources cannot provide any concrete information either.
(and we have missed 2 seat sales already, darn !)

Vlad Celler
09-23-2019, 02:23 PM
We are waiting ... Maybe China will send about the same team as in Poland ......

Tempest/Comet
09-23-2019, 02:32 PM
Based on the most current outings' observation, any of the first line CNT women can take out Ishikawa, Hirano or Ito.
For the 3 of them, it's getting to be a bar-fight. It's not even which CNT they may meet, but amongst themselves, who can out survive the others and by how many rounds. Hit whoever stands in front of you as hard as if your life depends on it, friend or foe.
"...All 3 of them draw a CNT member in the first round..." may well be a fair start.

Tempest/Comet
09-23-2019, 04:22 PM
JTTA hasn't fielded the pair of Ito-Hayata, it’s most successful WD team, since April’s WTTC. They’re not on the Swedish Op or the German Op either. What’s up ?

Vlad Celler
09-23-2019, 04:29 PM
JTTA hasn't fielded the pair of Ito-Hayata, it’s most successful WD team, since April’s WTTC. They’re not on the Swedish Op or the German Op either. What’s up ?

This is exactly what I recently asked about .... I do not understand ....
Most likely, Hayata will definitely not take part in TWC .....:mad:
(600 points for the last cup will be lost)

apacible
09-23-2019, 05:40 PM

I'm not too worried about this. In my opinion, it has nothing to do with JTTA doubting the Hayata/Ito combination. JTTA knows that Hayata/Ito has been Japan's most successful WD pairing in recent history and the pairing doesn't have anything to prove anymore in terms of World Tour success. I don't think the World Tour Grand Finals doubles crown is that important to them given that both players have already won it twice. Both Ito and Hayata have won two World Tour Grand Finals Doubles titles (once together in 2018 and once with another partner: Ito/Hirano in 2014 and Hayata/Hamamoto in 2016). The only thing left for them to achieve is a WTTC gold medal, and their next chance is still in 2021. For now, JTTA is focusing all efforts on the short-term, which is the 2020 Olympics. Women's doubles isn't a separate event, so it makes sense for JTTA to focus on Mixed Doubles first.

Ito mainly isn't playing Women's Doubles in the World Tour since they have to test her with different partners in Mixed Doubles. If she plays Women's Doubles in addition to XD and singles, she may suffer burnout, and her results in all 3 events would suffer, so it makes sense for her to focus on singles and XD for the short-term and give up WD for a while since the Olympics are approaching. For Hayata, she's focusing on Singles and XD too since she's already proven herself in Women's Doubles. There's no need for JTTA to continually field Ito/Hayata in the World Tour since JTTA already knows that this combination works and there's nothing further to test out. Besides, even if Ito/Hayata won doubles titles in the World Tour this year, the WR points from those wins can't be used for the 2021 World Champs since these points would have expired by then. Priority has to go to finding a XD pairing that works for the Olympics.

In fact, other countries have also been putting more focus on XD in preparation for the Olympics while the Women's Doubles of other countries are mainly for experimentation this year. HK has broken the Lee Ho Ching/Doo Hoi Kem pairing at times to test other pairings. Korea also did the same for their most successful pairing of Jeon/Yang. You can look at the Top of the World Tour Standings for Women's Doubles and see that most countries haven't fielded a stable and set pairing for Women's Doubles. Countries just aren't prioritizing Women's Doubles this year when Mixed Doubles is more important given the Olympics.

I suspect that after the Olympics in 2020, that's when Hayata/Ito will make a return on the World Tour in order to again build up WR points for a good seeding for the 2021 World Championships. That's the only thing left for the pair to accomplish and they'll definitely work hard again to accomplish it. However, that's not the main goal as of now with the Olympics coming up, so it makes sense for JTTA to focus efforts on the Olympics first before focusing on the 2021 World Championships.

Vlad Celler
09-23-2019, 05:58 PM
It’s quite logical ....

Vlad Celler
09-24-2019, 03:58 AM
Curious ... Hayata and Shibata declared in Belarus ....

Takkyu_wa_inochi
09-24-2019, 04:27 AM
3rd Division players

zeio
09-24-2019, 05:46 AM

A JTTA official has already made it clear early this year they wanted Hayata to put doubles on hold and lay low from China (https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?20935-Japan-Women-s-Race-to-Tokyo-2020-Singles&p=285400&viewfull=1#post285400).

Vlad Celler
09-24-2019, 06:02 AM
So...Kato - Hayata - Shibata ....
Kato at the end of ATTS improved its result in the ITTF ranking ....7905...Hayata in the ranking for October will be higher than Shibata ......7570 (.Shibata-7250)..
All three are declared in Sweden, Germany, where they will qualify ....Hayata and Shibata declared in Poland and Belarus ....

Will the position in the November ranking of these three players change based on the results of these four tours?

Tempest/Comet
09-24-2019, 09:16 AM
So...Kato - Hayata - Shibata ....
Kato at the end of ATTS improved its result in the ITTF ranking ....7905...Hayata in the ranking for October will be higher than Shibata ......7570 (.Shibata-7250)..
All three are declared in Sweden, Germany, where they will qualify ....Hayata and Shibata declared in Poland and Belarus ....

Will the position in the November ranking of these three players change based on the results of these four tours?

Current JNT 2020 qualification REALITY ranking is Ito, Hirano, Ishikawa, Kato, Sato and Hayata. Hayata (6625) at 6th position is 570 pts behind Kato (7195), 510 pts behind Sato (7135). Shibata at 5720 is hors de combat.
If Hayata can claw back to #5, she stands a fair chance to be considered, given her WD prowess.

Tempest/Comet
09-24-2019, 09:20 AM
3rd Division players
makes it easier to garner points. Hayata needs to replace 2x 540, a 675 and a 720 to improve her standings. Go where the kids and the candies are. ;)

Vlad Celler
09-24-2019, 09:24 AM
Good luck to her!

zeio
09-24-2019, 10:01 AM
Sato will likely make the cut for T2 Singapore. Hayata will have a very difficult road ahead, but if ever she makes it happen then that would certainly put Sato and Kato to shame...

zeio
09-25-2019, 11:51 AM
https://hochi.news/articles/20190924-OHT1T50294.html
https://hochi.news/images/2019/09/24/20190924-OHT1I50225-L.jpg

卓球女子世界ランク8位の石川佳純(26)=全農=が24日、同9位の平野美宇(19)=日本生命=とのダブルスペアに好感触を得た。3種目に出場したアジア選手権(インドネシア)から羽田空港に帰国。過去に組んだ大会では準備期間が少なかったが、今回は国内で4日間練習。4強入りに、「しっかりやればできるところをアピールしたかった。今までよりも力を入れて頑張って、すごい手応えを感じた」と、納得の表情だった。

平野も「お互いの特徴をつかめた」と振り返る。東京五輪で組む可能性もあるだけに、今後も定期的に練習を重ねる考えだ。
The table tennis women's world ranking No. 8 Yoshizumi Ishikawa (26) = Zen-no-no = got a good impression from the double spare with 24th Miu Hirano (19) = Nihon Seimei = No. 9 on the 24th. Returned to Haneda Airport from 3rd Asian Championship (Indonesia). In previous tournaments, the preparation period was short, but this time we practiced 4 days in Japan. “I wanted to appeal what I could do if I could do it firmly. I worked harder than ever and felt a great response,” he said.

Hirano recalls that “we have grasped each other's characteristics”. Since there is a possibility of teaming at the Tokyo Olympics, I will continue to practice regularly in the future.

-----------------------------------
Not looking good for Hayata.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcUqpfbzrYI

Sali
09-25-2019, 01:01 PM
for XD I would set masataka with ito. Anybody knows if they already played together in past?

Tempest/Comet
09-25-2019, 01:12 PM
for XD I would set masataka with ito. Anybody knows if they already played together in past?
Morisono will never make the 3 men's team, there is a 3005 pt gap between him and Niwa.
That said, he WAS Ito's regular XD partner and did quite well together.

pongfugrasshopper
09-25-2019, 01:30 PM
Morisono will never make the 3 men's team, there is a 3005 pt gap between him and Niwa.
I think the 3rd player is not selected based on world ranking so I think he has a shot at the 3rd spot.

Tempest/Comet
09-25-2019, 01:59 PM
I think the 3rd player is not selected based on world ranking so I think he has a shot at the 3rd spot.
If Mizutani is going, then it's no chance for Morisono, there can only be ONE pairing for XD, the Mizutani-Ito combo has 500 pts in the 2019 WT ranking as of now, vs 150 for Morizono-Ito. I would say the Mizutani-Ito combination is the more viable choice.
Nobody in JTTA has that much pull to leapfrog someone with a 3005 pt deficit, and not exactly good in top level singles (currently WR 62, 2019 WT rank 52), into the 3 men OLYMPIC team. Nobody.
Morizono is going only in the wildest fantasy.
(edit - UNLESS Mizutani looses his vision)

Janard
09-25-2019, 03:25 PM
I think Yoshimura Maharu has the best chance of making the third person. His Singles ability is not that great but decent and also makes for an above average doubles partner. On the latter, Shunsuke Togami actually left an lasting impression in my mind during the ATTC. Just my two-cents.

Sali
09-25-2019, 03:41 PM
I thought xd is different event and they can send anybody they want.
Anyway Morizono is very good choince IMO, he is the best doubles partner in Japan, so they can be quite sure to take point in doubles. Secondly his last performance is very good.
Thirdly I do not see anybody else besides Harimoto worth to send olympics in that form.

karupinkun
09-25-2019, 04:07 PM
Of course Harimoto is set for the olympics, but i dont understand why people doubt Mitzutani that much. He is not the player he once was and clearly out of the top 10 WR, but other then that he is reliable against anybody outside the top 15-20, plays good doubles, is left handed and has a lot of experience in big competitions. If his eyesight doesnt get worse he is clearly set for the olympics. Espacially with Niwas form in the last couple of months.

This opens the door for a wild card number 3! In the team competition harimoto will play two singles for sure, which means that the other two need to play the double. Niwa is left handed an there is a good chance JNT wants to pair a right handed player with Mitzutani.

Jacky Kwok
09-25-2019, 04:47 PM
I agree. JNT has tried to pair Niwa with different players for MD but none worked well.

Mizutani: Hong Kong Open
Harimoto: Korea Open and Australia Open
Maharu Yoshimura: Bulgaria Open

So if Niwa cannot be the top 2 players in the Jan 2020 WR (and not optimistic based on his current form), he probably will not be picked for the Olympics as the 3rd player.

Who will be the 3rd player then? I guess it will be either of the Yoshimura brothers.

And anyone knows what happened to Yuya Oshima? He used to be a key player of JNT and one of the most competitive MD pair with Morizono. But he is out of any tournaments recently.

zeio
09-25-2019, 04:54 PM
He signed up for Australian Open but then felt pain in his back and he's now focusing on recovery.

https://twitter.com/yynn_13/status/1149267712914284545

出場予定だったオーストラリアOPですが、背中の痛みがあり悔しいですが棄権することに決めました。焦る気持ちを抑えて、まずは治すことに注力します!
引き続き応援お願い致します。

Sali
09-25-2019, 05:15 PM
Of course Harimoto is set for the olympics, but i dont understand why people doubt Mitzutani that much. He is not the player he once was and clearly out of the top 10 WR, but other then that he is reliable against anybody outside the top 15-20, plays good doubles, is left handed and has a lot of experience in big competitions. If his eyesight doesnt get worse he is clearly set for the olympics. Espacially with Niwas form in the last couple of months.

This opens the door for a wild card number 3! In the team competition harimoto will play two singles for sure, which means that the other two need to play the double. Niwa is left handed an there is a good chance JNT wants to pair a right handed player with Mitzutani.
JM is my favourite player but for some time he is loosing to lower ranked players like Groth, karlsson, ARUNA, franziska.
IT is not only that, he is playing really poor.
I wish him all the best but for now he is a big question mark.
Of course there is not big choice since the others do not play their best or are Just not that level yet.
So Yes he should get 2nd spot with Morizono 3rd and doubles. Of course two lefthanders is wired but worth to try.

daejoons
09-25-2019, 06:11 PM
I thought xd is different event and they can send anybody they want.
Anyway Morizono is very good choince IMO, he is the best doubles partner in Japan, so they can be quite sure to take point in doubles. Secondly his last performance is very good.
Thirdly I do not see anybody else besides Harimoto worth to send olympics in that form.

The representatives for the XD event have to come from players on the country's respective team, hence for Morizono to clinch a spot, he would have to rank in the top two men in japan by world ranking (Almost impossible at this point), or be chosen for the third team position, knocking out Niwa or Mizutani since Harimoto looks as if he will be the highest WR Japanese players for a while to come.

Janard
09-26-2019, 01:31 PM
Seems like Mizutani is embroiled in some extra-marital affair controversy?

https://i.ibb.co/0hpFM0j/110324ckqbsqzhbp2p633k.png

zeio
09-26-2019, 01:41 PM
For future reference.

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?21918-Breaking-News-Mizutani-Exposed-for-Cheating&p=289611&viewfull=1#post289611

Tempest/Comet
09-26-2019, 01:43 PM
Seems like Mizutani is embroiled in some extra-marital affair controversy?

what's more, the girl is under-aged (even though she may have lied about it).
Morizono, don't pack your bags, there's hope for you yet :cool:

zeio
09-28-2019, 07:33 AM
My idol Ishikawa thinks the cancellation of T2 China is a good thing. [CNT: We want you to make the singles so bad. That's why we didn't give the green light...]

https://hochi.news/articles/20190924-OHT1T50102.html

26~29日に開催予定だった「T2ダイヤモンド」第2戦が来年度に延期された。ツアー成績上位者ら男女各16人だけが参加できる国際大会で、出場するだけでも世界ランキングに400ポイントがボーナス加算。東京五輪代表争いにも関わるため、出場資格を得ていた選手にとっては痛手だが、女子の石川佳純(26)=全農=は「私にとっては良かったと思う」と前向きに受け止めている。

理由は日程面だ。約1か月前の延期発表に困惑はあったが、当初は9月中旬からアジア選手権、T2ダイヤモンド、スウェーデンOP、ドイツOP、女子W杯と5連戦に臨む予定だった。「試合が多すぎて、体力的に大丈夫かなと。ずっと不安だった。(延期で)ちょっと休めて調整できる」。突然の日程変更もプラスに考え、3大会連続の五輪出場へスパートをかける。(林 直史)
...The reason is the schedule. There was some confusion over the postponement roughly a month ago, but initially it was scheduled to start in mid-September with the Asian Championships, T2 Diamond, Swedish OP, German OP and Women's World Cup. "I was thinking there were too many tournaments and I wondered if my body could keep up. I had been worried, but now I could get some rest."

zeio
09-29-2019, 12:47 PM
https://hochi.news/articles/20190928-OHT1T50169.html

卓球男子世界ランク5位の張本智和(16)=木下グループ=が28日、ワールドツアーのスウェーデン・オープン(OP)、ドイツOPに向けて成田空港を出発した。2大会ともシングルス、早田ひな(19)=日本生命=との混合ダブルスの2種目に出場する。

シングルスで銅メダルを獲得したアジア選手権の帰国から中3日。調整期間は短かったが、フォアハンドの強化に取り組んできた。同大会での収穫と反省を踏まえ「勝っても負けても喜びすぎず悔しがりすぎず、平常心で戦うことがこの連戦でいい結果を残すために鍵になると思う」とメンタル面をテーマに掲げた。

20年東京五輪代表選考レースも残り3ヶ月となった。張本は選考に関わるポイントで男子のトップに立つ。ツアー2連戦の結果次第で、上位2枠のシングルス代表入りへ大きく前進するが「残り試合数も多くはないので少しずつ現実的になってきてると思うんですけど、今までと変わらずに目の前の一戦一戦。勝っても負けても自分の実力だと受け止めてプレーしたいなと思います」と冷静だ。
3 days after returning from the Asian championships and earning a bronze medal in singles. The adjustment period was short, but I have been working on strengthening the forehand. Speaking of the results and reflection of the tournament, "I think the key to getting good results is a normal attitude. Not to get too excited or regretful whether winning or losing" said Harimoto.

Vlad Celler
09-29-2019, 04:55 PM
Let's hope that in Sweden, Hayata will be able to qualify without loss ...
It is very likely that Kato and Shibata will also qualify ......
China in qualifications did not fall to anyone of them ....:)

zeio
09-29-2019, 07:02 PM
TV Tokyo Promo for Team World Cup and Judo Grand Slam Osaka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWmXwDnImT4

Janard
09-29-2019, 11:54 PM
Let's hope that in Sweden, Hayata will be able to qualify without loss ...
It is very likely that Kato and Shibata will also qualify ......
China in qualifications did not fall to anyone of them ....:)

You're right. Seems like she will do fine. Notable names from her group are Shao Jieni, Li Jie and Odo Satsuki, but she has a good chance of winning.

zeio
10-01-2019, 05:44 AM
My idol thinks the Swedish Open and German Open will be very important to her. Goal is to reach the SF. OTOH, Hirano says her confidence is on the rise from her recent performance.

https://sportsbull.jp/p/626708/

卓球女子世界ランク8位の石川佳純(26)=全農=が29日、ワールドツアーのスウェーデン・オープン(OP)、ドイツOPに向けて羽田空港を出発した。「自分にとって大事な2大会。後悔のないプレーができたらいいですし、毎試合レベルアップしていく気持ちで戦いたい。一戦一戦勝ち上がって、目標はベスト4」と意気込んだ。

3種目に出場したアジア選手権(インドネシア)から24日に帰国し、限られた期間でもサーブやレシーブを中心に入念に調整してきた。20年東京五輪代表選考レースも残り3ヶ月。「五輪レースも終盤。ワールドツアーも残り少ないし、一戦一戦でどんどん変わっていく状況。そこで勝っていくことで五輪につながってくるので、頑張りたい気持ちです」と決意の面持ちだった。

https://sportsbull.jp/p/626713/

卓球女子世界ランク9位の平野美宇(19)=日本生命=が29日、ワールドツアーのスウェーデン・オープン(OP)、ドイツOPに向けて羽田空港を出発した。

24日にアジア選手権から帰国したばかりだが、10月も格付けの高い女子W杯(中国・成都)を含めて3連戦が控える。連戦が続く中でも「最近は比較的いい試合ができている大会が多い。どんどん良くなってるっていうのはすごく自信になるので、今回も1試合ずつ決勝のつもりで戦いたい」と表情は明るかった。

20年東京五輪代表選考レースも残り3か月となった。五輪代表選考に関わるポイントでは現時点で2番手だが「ラストスパート、ここからが大事だなと思っているので。日本人の中で一番成績がいい大会をどんどん多くして、一番上になるんだって気持ちを持って戦いたい」と決意を込めた。

zeio
10-01-2019, 08:24 AM
"I want to become a versatile player, the complete package." - Ito

After finishing SF in Bulgaria Open and T2 China was cancelled, she pulled out of Paraguay Open so that she could use the month-long period, which is hard to come by now, to train, reflect and work on various things.

Her latest challenge is to become a versatile player, one that is able to handle it all, capable of saying "I can do it" even if playing at the opponent's own game.

For now, she can't beat the CNT without taking risks. With risks come mistakes, and so at 50-50 her chance is roughly the same. Right now, she's at 40-60, workable, but if she cannot finish in 1 or 2 shots, then the chance of losing will go up. If it becomes 70-30, it'd be like taking no risk. She wants to be a player who can say that her current risk-taking game is "only natural" and not one that is all about taking risk.

And so after a month of training, she feels she's closer to that goal. With 5 or 6 tournaments left this year, every one of them becomes crucial. She wants to have a great start from the outset at the Swedish Open and German Open.

https://hochi.news/articles/20191001-OHT1T50072.html

9月は大会に出ず、練習期間にしました。世界ランキングのポイントを考えてパラグアイ・オープン(OP)に出ようと考えていましたが、8月のブルガリアOPではベスト4でしっかりポイントを取ることができ、T2ダイヤモンドも延期になったので、少し試合数を絞って頑張ろうと切り替えました。まだ試合があるから大丈夫ではなく、この試合に懸けようという思いで戦っていきたいです。

1年間のうち、1か月間練習できることはなかなかありません。もちろん大会でレベルアップする部分はすごくありますが、試合続きで1週間しかない場合はできることも限られ、試合に対しての練習になってしまいます。でも、今回みたいに1か月間空いたときは反省点プラス少し前を振り返ったり、やれることを増やしたり、いろんなことに挑戦できる。すごくプラスにとらえて、充実して過ごすことができたと思います。

私自身、課題としているのが「何でもできる選手」になることです。何でもできれば、負けない選手になれると思います。タイミングや変化などいろいろありますが得点源を増やしていって、それが相手のコースに入って初めて「できる」と言えます。今はトップの中国選手にはリスクを負わないと勝てない。リスクがあるということはミスもある。確率的に50対50なら勝ったり負けたりですけど、今は40対60。競るけど、あと1~2本多く決められればとか、ギリギリ勝てないことが多いです。

それが70対30ぐらいになっていけば、リスクを負っていないようなもの。今のリスクを負った強さが「これ当たり前ですよ」と言えるぐらい、リスクを負うっていう言葉を出さないぐらいの選手になりたいです。

1か月間みっちり練習できたことで何でもできる選手に少し近付けたかなと思います。今年も残り5、6大会。本当に大事な試合しかないので、いつも通り1試合目から出し切ることを意識していきたいです。まずはスウェーデンOP、ドイツOP。前よりもいろんなことができるようになった自分を出せていけたらいいなと思います。

Takkyu_wa_inochi
10-01-2019, 08:27 AM
she believes in herself, thats great !

zeio
10-01-2019, 08:38 AM
More Harimoto's comments on his 2 matches with XX at ATTC.

"Because the serve is low and short, there is a possibility that I will make a mistake and I will be limited even if I put in the shot. I wanted to aim for the next ball, but the course(note: shot path) was completely different for singles and team, and there were many tactics. The shot quality is No. 1 or 2 in the world, with spin so strong there's no stopping it with the racket."

https://hochi.news/articles/20191001-OHT1T50073.html

男子世界ランク5位の張本智和(16)=木下グループ=が9月のアジア選手権で貴重な経験を積んだ。同1位の許キン(中国)と2度対戦。団体は1―3、シングルスは0―3で敗れた。

張本は13歳だった17年世界選手権個人戦準々決勝での初対戦から許と6試合戦い、現在の中国トップ5で唯一の未勝利だ。7月に15年2月以来の世界1位に復帰した29歳の強さを「サーブが低くて短いので自分がミスする可能性もあるし、入れるとしても限定されてしまう。その次のボールを狙おうと思ったけど、シングルスと団体でコースも全然違って戦術が多い。1球の質も世界で1、2番。ラケットに当たった瞬間に止められないみたいな回転と強さがある」と表現する。

ただ、2度の敗戦は世界1位との差を測る指針にもなった。「対戦することで課題も増えると思うし、もっと対戦したい」。成長を目指し、今後の再戦へ意欲を見せた。(林 直史)

igorponger
10-01-2019, 10:29 PM
Just go and dissect on the MaLong's playing rubber circularly. Big turmoil, to surprise Ma Long off his feet. Huh, we need some big turmoil before the OG starts.
Mr.Kimura-san is the very man to command the whole turmoil. Well done, my friend.

fernso2004
10-03-2019, 04:04 AM
My gut feel is Ishikawa and Ito will be playing in the Olympics, although Hirano is currently ahead of Kasumi.

Tempest/Comet
10-04-2019, 02:41 PM
JTTA Oct 4 2019
Hina Hayata is back on the National Team, Shibata is now relegated to the Reserves.

Vlad Celler
10-04-2019, 02:48 PM
Congratulations, Hina Hyata!
Perhaps she will get to the TWC, the fifth participant?

Takkyu_wa_inochi
10-04-2019, 03:29 PM
JTTA Oct 4 2019
Hina Hayata is back on the National Team, Shibata is now relegated to the Reserves.

uh ? on jtta site http://www.jtta.or.jp/player/tabid/230/Default.aspx,
i can see that Hayata was #5 on JNT list in 2018, now she is still in the list in 2019 but as #6.

It makes little sense that Hayata was on the list last year but didn't participate in any of the big competitions, what is this list for ?

i stick to my conspiracy theory that she got some form of "punishment" for something which is not being disclosed to the public.

Vlad Celler
10-04-2019, 03:39 PM
Perhaps the numbering is strictly in accordance with the current ITTF rating?

Tempest/Comet
10-04-2019, 03:51 PM
uh ? on jtta site http://www.jtta.or.jp/player/tabid/230/Default.aspx,
i can see that Hayata was #5 on JNT list in 2018, now she is still in the list in 2019 but as #6.

It makes little sense that Hayata was on the list last year but didn't participate in any of the big competitions, what is this list for ?

i stick to my conspiracy theory that she got some form of "punishment" for something which is not being disclosed to the public.
Hayata hasn't been on the National Team for most of 2019 because of drop in WR, JTTA just put her back on Oct4.
Just check the participation list Tournament by Tournament in 2019, and you’ll see she was on her own most of this year.
Good for her she clawed her way back.

Takkyu_wa_inochi
10-04-2019, 03:53 PM
the files on the site suggest they do a ranking survey once a year only, so a drop of WR between surveys shouldn't matter

zeio
10-04-2019, 03:57 PM
Try this - http://www.jtta.or.jp/Portals/0/images/player/nt_list/20190405_NTmember_W.pdf

Hayata was off the list in the April list.

Though not explicitly stated, being on the National Team gives the players a slew of benefits - http://www.jtta.or.jp/Portals/0/images/association/provision/kitei2019_/20190911_kitei03_1.pdf

Takkyu_wa_inochi
10-04-2019, 04:04 PM
then good news indeed for Hayata !

Tempest/Comet
10-04-2019, 04:32 PM
Hirano is now in 3 Finals in a row for Women’s Double (with various partners, Bulgaria, Czech & Sweden) Making for a strong case in WD participation.

Vlad Celler
10-04-2019, 04:56 PM
then good news indeed for Hayata !

So far, the biggest problem for Hayata (and for Ito, by the way!) Is the inevitable drop in the ITTF rating in December ...:(

NextLevel
10-04-2019, 04:58 PM
So far, the biggest problem for Hayata (and for Ito, by the way!) Is the inevitable drop in the ITTF rating in December ...:(

Why drop?

Vlad Celler
10-04-2019, 05:06 PM
Why drop?

Deduction of old points for November 2018 ....
Hayata - (-1125, -900)
Ito - (-1800, -1350)
Reserve points, alas, are small ....

Tempest/Comet
10-04-2019, 05:47 PM
Hayata relative to Shibata +320pt Oct
-1125, -900....-900, -900
In Nov Hayata should still be 95 pts ahead of Shibata.

pongfugrasshopper
10-04-2019, 06:00 PM
Very happy for Mima Ito, but I gotta say, I've never seen Miu Hirano cover the table so well like this. So hard to get her out of position now.

Vlad Celler
10-04-2019, 06:33 PM
Very happy for Mima Ito, but I gotta say, I've never seen Miu Hirano cover the table so well like this. So hard to get her out of position now.

I agree..

Vlad Celler
10-04-2019, 06:36 PM
Hayata relative to Shibata +320pt Oct
-1125, -900....-900, -900
In Nov Hayata should still be 95 pts ahead of Shibata.

Right..
In general, it is interesting to see the results of the October duel of these players ...They are in four tournaments in October ....

zeio
10-04-2019, 07:14 PM
Finally out of the R32 loop for Niwa!!! R16 loop next?

https://i.imgur.com/3l7oA2m.png

zeio
10-05-2019, 05:24 PM
Ito will gain at least 1170pts in Swedish Open, so +270pts for a total of 11135pts.

Hirano -960pts, Ishikawa -1280pts.

In Ishikawa's case, she'll have to finish 1st(2550pts) in World Cup to get past Ito and at least QF(1275pts) to get past Hirano, who also must finish in Pos 17-20(765pts).

Looking really dire for my idol.

https://youtu.be/MVGJuMZtoTY?list=PL9EFgw_X3V0ztssvef46DINm5xXZKzRHc

Vlad Celler
10-05-2019, 06:00 PM
Although Ishikawa still has a chance to rise above Ito in the ITTF ranking .... In December ... Ito will receive a deduction of old points for November 2018 (-3150), Ishikawa (-1260) ...
Of course, there will be a replacement from the reserve, but Ito does not have very good reserve points ..

Tempest/Comet
10-05-2019, 07:55 PM
Although Ishikawa still has a chance to rise above Ito in the ITTF ranking .... In December ... Ito will receive a deduction of old points for November 2018 (-3150), Ishikawa (-1260) ...
Of course, there will be a replacement from the reserve, but Ito does not have very good reserve points ..
Even if Ishikawa gain 1000000 pts on Ito in Nov/Dec and be ITTF #1 in the world, it wouldn’t help her one bit. DEC ranking does NOT affect anything, Grand Final seedings are based on ‘19 World Tour results only. And by the January crunch time, everything 2018 disappears (including the 1000000 pts), the dust will settle, and it’s best 8 + T2s only for the race to qualify for Tokyo.
Go(away) Ishikawa, go
(but with her tenacity & perseverance in serving she won’t.)

zeio
10-06-2019, 09:23 AM
http://utauouji.up.seesaa.net/file/gandamumoudamepo.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48837499873_f5b0517680_b.jpg

Takkyu_wa_inochi
10-06-2019, 09:50 AM
please retire , senpai !

zeio
10-06-2019, 10:38 AM
please retire , senpai !

https://mao.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/pingpong/1570275019/286

石川ファンならしょうがないですよ
自分も石川ファンですが伊藤のプレー見た後、石川見たら悲しくなるのはわかります
Ishikawa fans can't help it
I am an Ishikawa fan, but after watching Ito's play, I can see that Ishikawa gets sad

yoass
10-06-2019, 10:55 AM
To us believers, the Ito showed confidence and power over the soulles SYS, but the Gods of TT ruled in SYS's favor and let her escape in the first game.

The Ito, she strong. We believe.

zeio
10-06-2019, 04:03 PM
Corrected wrong data for some players.

Ito 11405
Hirano -1230
Ishikawa -1550, -320

https://i.imgur.com/xpfzkoH.png
https://i.imgur.com/3l7oA2m.png

Takkyu_wa_inochi
10-06-2019, 04:09 PM
so ITO + HIRANO for Singles spots ! ISHIKAWA or HAYATA ?

zeio
10-06-2019, 04:20 PM
Yes, at this rate, Ishikawa will be at the mercy of the development headquarters.

Vlad Celler
10-06-2019, 05:00 PM
Meanwhile, Hayata has good chances to win qualification in Germany .....No China ..:)
But in the fourth round, most likely, a meeting with Nagasaki .....:o

zeio
10-06-2019, 05:10 PM
Wow, 4 rounds of prelim.

Vlad Celler
10-06-2019, 05:20 PM
Horror....
By the way, on the ITTF portal there are no statistics of meetings between Hayata and Nagasaki ......And for "All of Japan" - I don’t know .....

zeio
10-06-2019, 05:30 PM
Hayata beat Nagasaki 4-2(4,12,-12,9,-7,5) in the 4th round of All Japan Championships 2017.

Vlad Celler
10-06-2019, 05:44 PM
Thank!

Sali
10-07-2019, 08:38 AM
Looks like Ito is safe for olympics. Pity that she did not win the final, anyway very good performance. I hope she can keep the level and concentrate more on the game not the smiles.
Hirano is improving and it is clearly visible.
Quite dissapointed by Ishikawa performance, especially WD, she did so many unforced FH errors.
German open is coming and it will be very interesting how the main draw will look like for the above players. Also there are some strong players from China in preliminaries.

Vlad Celler
10-07-2019, 09:06 AM
The main grid (Germany) will be published today ....
(curious, pay attention to the remark - W.L. - for Chinese players in tournaments Poland and Belarus ..)

Sali
10-07-2019, 10:49 AM
The main grid (Germany) will be published today ....
(curious, pay attention to the remark - W.L. - for Chinese players in tournaments Poland and Belarus ..)
yeah, at least we know Ito is quite safe beeing no 4. Of course there are some chinese players in preliminaries, but if she does not have bad luck, her chances are much higher then Ishikawa and Hirano. Also there is no advantage of Ishikawa over Hirano anymore in main draw. In sweden Kasumi was no.8.

driversbeat
10-07-2019, 05:11 PM
World Team Cup entries: Ito, Hirano, Ishikawa, Sato

no Hina Hayata?

Vlad Celler
10-07-2019, 05:46 PM
World Team Cup entries: Ito, Hirano, Ishikawa, Sato

no Hina Hayata?

A team can have a maximum of five players. Perhaps the fifth player will be added later ... Deadline by composition - November 4 ....
(or maybe they won’t add ....)

zeio
10-11-2019, 02:05 PM
Ishikawa just screwed up big time here in Bremen. Platinum event and a perfect draw straight to the QF and now even to the F.

Had she reached the QF, she could've at least closed the gap b/w her and Hirano down from 320 pts to 95 pts.

She's running out of tournaments here - Austrian Open, World Cup, T2 Singapore, WTGF.

Vlad Celler
10-11-2019, 02:39 PM
T.w.c....

Takkyu_wa_inochi
10-11-2019, 02:40 PM
Hirano must be very happy

Vlad Celler
10-11-2019, 02:48 PM
It is interesting to wait for the results of W.W.C ......
If I understand correctly, the old results will be necessarily replaced by new ones ...
And if the new results are less than the minimum eighths?
Will the old ones be replaced by a reserve?
(in any case, with the same results, the new points are less than the old ....)

Vlad Celler
10-13-2019, 05:02 AM
Meanwhile, the Chinese said the lineups on Open Austria ....It is curious that there is no W.M.Y. and S.Y.S. ....

Janard
10-13-2019, 06:34 AM
Meanwhile, the Chinese said the lineups on Open Austria ....It is curious that there is no W.M.Y. and S.Y.S. ....

Li Sun has announced in September that the core players will take turns to rest and (re)calibrate for German and Austrian Opens.

Vlad Celler
10-13-2019, 06:50 AM
Thank ! This time they gave rest to youth and C.M. .....

zeio
10-13-2019, 11:43 AM
Ito reaching the final here in Bremen means she's cemented her singles spot for Tokyo 2020.

Doesn't even need the Austrian Open and WTGF. She could just show up for T2 Singapore and that's it.

Ishikawa or Hirano winning the World Cup won't even matter.

Scary.

Takkyu_wa_inochi
10-13-2019, 11:49 AM
how is it between Hirano and Ishikawa then

pongfugrasshopper
10-13-2019, 11:50 AM
And it's funny that IM easily took out the very two players, YXX and FTW, that inexplicably tripped up IK and CM to reach the finals. Congratulations Mima!

Vlad Celler
10-13-2019, 12:05 PM
Ito reaching the final here in Bremen means she's cemented her singles spot for Tokyo 2020.

Doesn't even need the Austrian Open and WTGF. She could just show up for T2 Singapore and that's it.

Ishikawa or Hirano winning the World Cup won't even matter.

Scary.

In the January ITTF ranking (JTTA attaches great importance to this rating for choosing a team at Tokyo 2020), Ito will certainly be higher than Hirano and Ishikawa ...

zeio
10-13-2019, 12:08 PM
how is it between Hirano and Ishikawa then

Ishikawa is super lucky that Austria Open is a Platinum event. She still has a chance but that could very well be her last.

The World Cup and WTGF won't help Ishikawa much if Hirano doesn't mess up since the seeding is out of the picture now.

For the TWC, Baba will likely field them as evenly as possible out of fairness so it won't have much bearing.

It could come down to the T2 Singapore.

Vlad Celler
10-13-2019, 01:46 PM
TWC-2018....Ishikawa-1500 points, Hayata-600, Ito-300 (isn't it amazing!).
The results of TWC-2018 will be replaced by new ones, TWC-2019 ....
But there is a difference ...In 2018, the WD played Ito-Hayata ....(that’s why Ito has so few points — she didn’t have to play the fourth match, and Ishikawa and Hayata played the second and third ..)
This year will be different ....WD is likely to be Ishikawa-Hirano .....And Ishikawa will not be able to score 1500 points ....Moreover, a new ranking system, points are awarded less ....So, there Ishikawa will have a loss .....
Theoretically, although Ishikawa has a chance to advance Ito in the January ranking, they are close to zero ......

zeio
10-13-2019, 05:05 PM
We're on the last legs of the calendar. Women's World Cup this coming Friday. Ishikawa's fate is literally up in the air. Can Hayata knock Kato off the 4th spot before the end of the year, with "merely" 785 pts between the 2 now? So close yet so far.

The Men's World Cup and Austrian Open will be game-changing for Niwa. He'll seriously have to perform in these 2.

Added "Difference" row.
https://i.imgur.com/YUpDuQz.png
https://i.imgur.com/oDXkZbX.png

Vlad Celler
10-13-2019, 05:46 PM
It is unfortunate, but Hayata’s chances to rise above Kato in the ranking by January are very, very, very small .....Even a victory in the two remaining tournaments in October will add only 305 points ....In these tournaments many Chinese women and serious Chinese women are declared ....
On T.W.C/, Hayata will most likely not be taken ....So, 600 points for 2018 will be deducted from the reserve ....
Not to mention the direct deductions of old points for November 2018 (-1125, -900) ...

Tempest/Comet
10-13-2019, 10:41 PM
TWC-2018....Ishikawa-1500 points, Hayata-600, Ito-300 (isn't it amazing!).
The results of TWC-2018 will be replaced by new ones, TWC-2019 ....
But there is a difference ...In 2018, the WD played Ito-Hayata ....(that’s why Ito has so few points — she didn’t have to play the fourth match, and Ishikawa and Hayata or Hirano played the second and third ..)
This year will be different ....WD is likely to be Ishikawa-Hirano .....And Ishikawa will not be able to score 1500 points ....Moreover, a new ranking system, points are awarded less ....So, there Ishikawa will have a loss .....
Theoretically, although Ishikawa has a chance to advance Ito in the January ranking, they are close to zero ......

Hirano did not play at all, not even a game, at the Team World Cup in London.

driversbeat
10-14-2019, 12:42 AM
Why havent they tried Hirano in mixed doubles yet? None of the current pairs can consistently beat the chinese

pongfugrasshopper
10-14-2019, 01:27 AM
Why havent they tried Hirano in mixed doubles yet? None of the current pairs can consistently beat the chinese
Mizutani Ito is about as golden as it gets. They have a real chance for gold.

Vlad Celler
10-14-2019, 03:08 AM
Hirano did not play at all, not even a game, at the Team World Cup in London.

Yes, of course ... That is why she does not have points scored .....

zeio
10-14-2019, 08:05 AM
It is unfortunate, but Hayata’s chances to rise above Kato in the ranking by January are very, very, very small .....Even a victory in the two remaining tournaments in October will add only 305 points ....In these tournaments many Chinese women and serious Chinese women are declared ....
On T.W.C/, Hayata will most likely not be taken ....So, 600 points for 2018 will be deducted from the reserve ....
Not to mention the direct deductions of old points for November 2018 (-1125, -900) ...

Hayata could theoretically gain 485 pts if she wins in both Polish and Belarus Opens. That will put her just 300 pts behind Kato. It'll then come down to the Austrian Open, where she'll have to reach at least the QF while Kato crash out in R32.

But like you noted, Polish and Belarus Opens are packed full of CNT players. And given her draws in Czech(Ito in R32) and Swedish Opens(Hirano in R32), reaching the QF in Austrian Open will require a miracle.

Losing to CXT 3-4 in German Open hurt her chance really bad here. Had she won, she would've met Kato in R16 and if she got past her, she would have a much easier time.

driversbeat
10-14-2019, 09:36 AM
is Hayata REQUIRED to get past Kato? I don't see any scenario where they are selecting Kato or Sato over Hayata. Right now the potential roster seems to be:

Singles: Ito, (Hirano/Ishikawa)
Third Player: Hirano/Ishikawa/Hayata

Takkyu_wa_inochi
10-14-2019, 09:39 AM
unless there are injuries of course

zeio
10-14-2019, 11:57 AM
is Hayata REQUIRED to get past Kato? I don't see any scenario where they are selecting Kato or Sato over Hayata. Right now the potential roster seems to be:

Singles: Ito, (Hirano/Ishikawa)
Third Player: Hirano/Ishikawa/Hayata

No, not by requirement. However, Hayata will have to raise her world ranking as much as possible if she wants to stand a chance getting picked by the Development Headquarter of JNT.

The WR for Jan, 2020 will be used for seeding the World Team Qualification Tournament for Tokyo 2020. The one for July, 2020 will likely be used for seeding the real event, so the points accrued after July 2019 will have an impact on the team ranking for Tokyo 2020.

Vlad Celler
10-15-2019, 01:20 PM
Theoretically, Hina Hayata could meet in the semifinals with HE in Poland .... Unless, of course, both players come out earlier ....

zeio
10-15-2019, 08:30 PM
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?17464-Harimoto-defeats-Fan-Zhendong-Asian-Cup-2018&p=227440&viewfull=1#post227440

One prominent issue raised on Japanese table tennis culture is the tendency to look for shortcuts...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIfMViyZQiM

https://i.imgur.com/BSThkKJ.png

TeoTeoTeo
10-16-2019, 01:47 AM
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?17464-Harimoto-defeats-Fan-Zhendong-Asian-Cup-2018&p=227440&viewfull=1#post227440

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIfMViyZQiM

niwa koki is the black sheep of jnt lmao

zeio
10-17-2019, 04:18 PM
Quick wrap-ups by Hirano, Ishikawa and Ito for German Open.

Hirano had a good start against WYD but then got ahead of herself and lost her patience. She was "too conscious of getting good results" and earning points for the Olympic race. For the WWC this Friday, She'll focus on playing the game well and doing the things that should be done.

Ishikawa said blowing the 8:1 lead against Yang Xiaoxin in G4 as "very painful," citing the difficulty in dealing with the long pips. She couldn't figure it out, lost her patience, and was waiting for Yang to miss. She added that she had a good draw in the German Open and thought her chance had come. She'll adjust for WWC and do her best without giving up.

Ito said she "couldn't concentrate on SYS" during the final after the ump's call in G3. It was most regrettable to lose that way.

https://hochi.news/articles/20191011-OHT1T50076.html
http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2019-10-11/doc-iicezuev1544533.shtml

◆卓球 ワールドツアー ドイツ・オープン第3日(10日、ドイツ・ブレーメン)

女子シングルス1回戦が行われ、世界ランク9位の平野美宇(日本生命)は1―4で同38位の王芸迪(中国)に敗れた。

王芸迪は6月の香港OPで優勝するなど、国際大会で着実に結果を残している選手だ。初対戦の平野は第1ゲームを11―7で制して流れをつかみかけたが、「1ゲーム目は良かったんですけど、早く決めようと思いすぎて。ちょっと焦りすぎました」。2ゲーム目以降はミスも目立ち、悔しい敗戦となった。

東京五輪代表選考レースも終盤に差し掛かったことが、気持ちの焦りにつながっているという。「結果ばかりを意識しすぎて、全然プレーが良くなかった。いい結果を出してポイントを稼ぎたいっていうのを考えすぎて、試合の中身とか、自分のやるべきことが少し(頭の中から)飛んでしまったかなと思います」と反省を浮かべた。

次戦は18日からの女子W杯(中国・成都)。格付けも高い重要な大会だ。「まずはしっかり試合を楽しんだり、やるべきことをやることでいい成績がついてくると思う。気持ちをしっかり整えてから、W杯に臨みたい」と前を向いた。

https://hochi.news/articles/20191012-OHT1T50043.html

◆卓球 ワールドツアー ドイツ・オープン第4日(11日、ドイツ・ブレーメン)

女子シングルス2回戦が行われ、世界ランク8位の石川佳純(26)=全農=は1―4で世界ランク75位のヤン・シャオシン(モナコ)に敗れた。

石川が痛恨の黒星を喫した。ヤン・シャオシンは世界ランクは75位だが、前週のスウェーデンOPで杜凱カン(香港)、スッチ(ルーマニア)、今大会もハン・イン(ドイツ)と強豪選手を次々に破り、勢いに乗っていた。それでも第1ゲームは落ち着いて11―7で制したが、2ゲームを落とした。第4ゲームも8―1から挽回され「すごく痛かった」と追い込まれる展開となった。

第5ゲームも回り込んでのフォアハンドが効果的に決まる場面もあったが、13―15で競り負けた。4ゲームを連取され、まさかの敗退。初対戦でバック側に突起が長い粒高ラバーを貼った相手のボールへの対応にも苦しんだが「変化が分かりにくくて、凡ミスが多くなった。打ちづらいのもあったけど、すごい弱気になってしまって。どうやって取られたのかあまり分からないですけど、焦っていたのかな。相手のミス待ちになりすぎたかなと思います」と唇をかんだ。

今年は本戦の1、2回戦で中国選手と当たることも多く、苦しい戦いが続いていた。今大会は比較的、組み合わせにも恵まれたことで「久しぶりにドローも良かったので、チャンスかなと思って。少し力が入りすぎてしまったのかな」と反省。18日からは東京五輪代表を争う平野美宇(日本生命)とともに、格付けの高い女子W杯(中国・成都)に臨む。「負けてしまったのは終わったことなので、W杯に向けてしっかり調整して、諦めずに頑張りたいと思います」と気持ちを奮い立たせた。

https://hochi.news/articles/20191014-OHT1T50040.html
http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2019-10-14/doc-iicezzrr2115111.shtml

◆卓球 ワールドツアー ドイツ・オープン最終日 ▽女子シングルス決勝 孫穎莎4―1伊藤美誠(13日、ドイツ・ブレーメン)

【ブレーメン(ドイツ)13日=林直史】女子シングルス決勝で世界ランク7位の伊藤美誠(18)=スターツ=は、同6位の孫穎莎(中国)に1―4で敗れた。準決勝では12年ロンドン五輪銅メダルの馮天薇(シンガポール)に4―0で完勝。ワールドツアーで最も格付けの高いプラチナ大会での日本勢の準優勝は今年初めて。12日は女子ダブルス決勝が行われ、木原美悠(15)、長崎美柚(17)=ともにエリートアカデミー=組は準優勝だった。

伊藤が同い年のライバルに雪辱を許した。孫穎莎とは過去2勝2敗で今年3度目の対戦。前週のスウェーデンOPは4―2で勝利していた。だが第1ゲームは前回対戦で翻弄したサーブでミスが2本出ると、第2ゲームは奪い返したが、その後は3ゲームを失った。

不運もあった。第3ゲームの5―7の場面などサーブにフォルトが2度宣告された。厳しい判定に会場からはブーイングも起こったが、そこから崩れるような形での敗戦。試合後、「相手に集中できなかった。全てを出し切れなかった。今日の負け方は一番悔しい負け」と、悔し涙がにじんだ。

ただ、スウェーデンOPと2大会連続の準優勝で、東京五輪代表争いでも頭一つ抜け出した。準決勝でロンドン五輪銅メダリストの馮天薇(シンガポール)も4―0で圧倒。戦術の幅や対応力を広げ、選考レースの終盤戦も駆け抜ける。

zeio
10-17-2019, 04:38 PM
Back to Japan after German Open, Ito said "I was able to reach the final but it'll take more practice to win," adding that "I want to do my best in the remaining tournaments and earn the Olympic ticket as the Japanese 1st place."

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2019/10/16/kiji/20191016s00026000101000c.html
http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2019-10-16/doc-iicezzrr2575517.shtml

卓球女子世界ランク7位の伊藤美誠(18=スターツ)が、欧州遠征を終えて羽田空港に帰国した。スウェーデン、ドイツの両オープンで2大会連続準優勝。国内の五輪代表争いで一歩リードしたが「決勝までしっかりと行けたが、優勝するためにもっと練習しないといけない」と気を引き締めた。

リオ五輪は出ることが目標だったというが、今回は日本人トップで出場することを明言。「残りの大会も実力を出し切って、日本人1位で代表切符を獲りたい」と力を込めた。

zeio
10-17-2019, 05:53 PM
In the interview with Sports Hochi, Ito said "I've done a lot of things, so I can do more than before and the quality has improved a lot. I am really happy to have practiced for a month."

"By winning once, I could feel the depth of the opponent. I also learned about the opponent. There is a variety of tactics for one player. I wanted to do my best to deal with that tactic."

"If you display your strength in the match in front of you and enjoy it, you'll get points. I don't think about how many points for coming in 2nd place, I'm doing it comfortably."

"These 2 Opens were big for me and I was able to play my game with confidence. I want to make the remaining 4 tournaments(TWC, AUT OPN, T2 SGP, WTGF) my own. I'm looking forward to it because I want to finish by displaying my skills and I'm so stoked."

https://hochi.news/articles/20191015-OHT1T50166.html

卓球のワールドツアーで2大会連続優勝を飾った女子世界ランク7位の伊藤美誠(18)=スターツ=が15日、羽田空港に帰国した。 伊藤は9月の1か月間、大会に出場せずに練習期間としたことがスウェーデン・オープン(OP)、ドイツOPでの決勝進出につながったと分析。「いろんなことをやってきたので、前よりもできることが増えましたし、質がすごく上がった。本当に1か月間練習できて良かった」と振り返った。

スウェーデンOP準決勝では同い年の世界6位の孫穎莎(中国)を下したが、戦略を変えてきたドイツOPは決勝で敗れた。「一度勝ったことによって、相手の引き出しを感じることができた。相手のことも勉強できた。1人の選手にもいろんな戦術がある。その戦術に対応できるようにまた頑張ろうと思いました」。2週連続で対戦できたことによる収穫も持ち帰った。

両大会で日本勢最高成績を残し、東京五輪代表選考レースでも一歩リードした。代表争いも終盤戦を迎えたが「目の前の試合に実力を出し切って、楽しんだら勝手に(世界ランキングの)ポイントがついてくる。2位だから何ポイントとか細かくは考えてないし、それぐらい気楽にやっている」と自然体だ。

今年も残すはW杯団体戦、オーストリアOP、T2ダイヤモンド、グランドファイナルの4大会となる見込み。ラストスパートへ「今回の2大会は自分の中で大きいし、自分の卓球できたことがすごく自信になった。あと4大会も全部自分のものにしたい。実力を出し切って終わりたいので楽しみだし、ワクワクしてます」と声を弾ませた。

OTOH, Hirano said her results in Swedish Open and German Open weren't bad per se, but noted that she lost to Ito by a small margin in Sweden and couldn't beat WYD in German. Bits here and there count and she wants to be able to win in such a situation. She added that it is amazing to see Ito up against top Chinese players but she still wants to do it with the feeling that she'll definitely make 1 of the 2 singles. For WWC, she'll do her best despite playing non-stop. Winning will be the best but right now it's important to get to the top spot of the race.

https://hochi.news/articles/20191015-OHT1T50168.html

卓球女子世界ランク9位の平野美宇(19)=日本生命=が15日、ワールドツアー2連戦を終えて羽田空港に帰国した。

スウェーデン・オープン(OP)は2回戦で伊藤美誠、ドイツOPは1回戦で王芸迪(中国)に敗れた。「全体的に結果ばかり意識してしまったかなと思います」と反省。「すごく悪くはなかったけど、スウェーデンはあと少しで負けてしまったり、ドイツは強い選手に勝ちきれなかったり。少しのところが大きなポイントにつながってくる。そういうところで勝てるようにしていきたいなと思います」と課題を挙げた。

東京五輪代表争いでは2大会連続準優勝の伊藤が一歩抜け出した。だが、平野は「(伊藤は)今回見ていて中国選手のトップに勝ったり競り合ったり、本当にすごいなって思ったんですけど、まだまだシングルスの2枠に絶対入るという気持ちでこれからもやりたいです」と前を向く。

18日からは格付けの高い女子W杯(中国・成都)に出場する。「連戦ですけど、W杯はすごく大きな大会なので、特に頑張りたいなと思います。優勝が一番いいけど、今は1つでも上の順位にいくことが大事。上を目指していきたい」と表情を引き締めた。

zeio
10-17-2019, 07:59 PM
http://world-tt.com/ps_info/ps_report_detail.php?bn=1&pg=HEAD&page=BACK&rpcdno=3088#3088

スウェーデンとドイツでのITTFワールドツアー2大会を転戦し、帰国したばかりの日本選手団。さらに女子の石川・平野の両選手は、今日16日午後に女子ワールドカップが開催される中国に向けて出発する強行軍。さすがに各選手とも疲労の色が濃かったが、2014年の世界卓球(団体戦)東京大会以来、5年ぶりとなる日本での団体戦の世界大会開催。各選手ともしっかり抱負を述べた。コメントは下記のとおり。

■日本男子チーム
◎水谷隼
「最近本当に試合が多くて、世界のトップ選手と毎週のように試合ができるので、自分の状態もわかってくる。チームワールドカップでは自分のプレーがしっかりできればどのチームにも勝てるチャンスはある。
 今度のワールドカップ団体戦でも、14年世界卓球東京大会と同じような雰囲気で試合できると思うと、期待感でいっぱいです。自分の持っている力を全部発揮して、良い成績を残したい」

◎張本智和
「チームワールドカップまで3週間あるので、しっかり練習して、本番では金メダルが獲れるように頑張りたい。ぼくは他の選手より団体戦の経験が少ないので、まだ団体戦で良いプレーができていない。経験は少ないですけど、自分の実力を100%出し切って、チームのために貢献できればと思います」

◎吉村真晴
「ぼくはいつもどおり元気です(笑)。自分が持っているものをすべてチームワールドカップで出し切ることを目標にしている。そうすれば必然的にみんな勢いづいて、メダルは必ず獲れる。自分がやれることをやって、できる最高の準備をしたい」

■日本女子チーム
◎石川佳純
「たくさんある試合の中でもチームワールドカップはすごく大きな大会。優勝目指して頑張りたいです」

◎伊藤美誠
「私は大会まで3週間弱あるし、団体戦ですけど個々の力も大事になってくるので、練習をたくさんしてチームの勝ちにつなげていけたらいいと思います。私は日本で試合をするのが大好き。たくさんの方に見に来てもらえたらすごくうれしいです」

◎平野美宇
「結構試合が続いているんですけど、チームワールドカップではしっかりコンディションを整えたい。日本でいろんな方に見てもらえるので、しっかり結果を残して、台風で被災された方々にも元気を与えられるようなプレーがしたい。目標は優勝です」

会見での質疑応答では、快進撃を続ける日本男子ラグビーチームの活躍が刺激になるかどうか、質問が飛んだ。石川は次のように語っている。「(ラグビー男子チームが)格上のチームに何度も勝つというのは本当に素晴らしいことだし、難しいこと。私たち卓球はずっと中国が優勝していて、そこに挑戦している。格上のチームに何回も勝っていく姿を見せてもらって、「私たちもやれるんだ」という勇気をいただいた」。

今大会の日本女子では唯一、2014年の世界卓球(団体戦)東京大会を経験している石川。「団体戦はすごく特別なものがありますし、日本での戦いはプレッシャーも大きいですけど、それを力に変えられるかどうかは、自分たちの気持ちの持ち方次第。自信を持って日本代表としてプレーしたい」と力強く語った。

The Japanese team has just returned to Japan after two battles in the ITTF World Tour in Sweden and Germany. In addition, both women's players Ishikawa and Hirano are forced to leave in the afternoon of 16th for China where the Women's World Cup will be held. As expected, each player is very tired, but since the 2014 World Table Tennis (Collaborative Team) Tokyo Tournament, the world tournament of the team competition in Japan is held for the first time in 5 years. The players have expressed their aspirations. The comments are as follows.

■ Japanese Men's Team
◎ Jun Mizutani
"Recently, there are so many matches and I can play against the world’s top players every week, so I know my state. In the Team World Cup, if I play well, I'll have a chance beating any team.
In this upcoming Team World Cup, I am full of expectations when I think I can play in the same atmosphere as the 14th World Table Tennis Tokyo Games. I want to demonstrate all the power I have and get good results.''

◎ Tomokazu Harimoto
"I have 3 weeks left before the Team World Cup, so I want to practice hard and work hard to get a gold medal this time. I have less experience in team event than other players, so I haven’t played well in team yet. I have little experience, but I would like to contribute 100% of my skills and contribute to the team."

◎ Maharu Yoshimura
"I'm fine as usual (laughs). My goal is to put out everything I have in the Team World Cup. Then everyone will inevitably gain momentum and be able to win medals. I want to do the best I can."

■ Japan Women's Team
◎ Kasumi Ishikawa
"The Team World Cup is a huge tournament among many matches. I want to do my best to win."

◎ Mima Ito
"I have a little less than 3 weeks until the tournament, and it’s a team battle, but the individual strength is also important. I'm very happy if many people come to see me."

◎ Miu Hirano
"My form has been decent recently, but I want to be in good condition at the Team World Cup. It will be seen by many people in Japan, so I will leave a good result and be able to give energy to those affected by the typhoon. I want to play the game."

During the Q & A session, questions were raised as to whether the success of the Japanese men's rugby team, which continues to advance, will be a stimulus. Ishikawa says: "It's really great and difficult to beat a good team over and over again (referring to the rugby men’s team). As for our table tennis, China has always won and we are challenging it. I'm given the courage that "we can do it, too", with a high-class team showing us how to win many times."

Ishikawa is the only Japanese girl in this tournament who has experienced the 2014 World Table Tennis Championships. "Team battles are very special, and the pressure playing in Japan is great, but whether you can turn them into strength depends on how you feel. I want to play as a representative of Japan with confidence."

Conference:

https://youtu.be/W5PrGXv5C68?list=PL7mDcpZ4nKGnycyjwb516_5dV73mHqeyY

Pikachu!

https://youtu.be/HyH74Y1VcM4?list=PL7mDcpZ4nKGnycyjwb516_5dV73mHqeyY

Takkyu_wa_inochi
10-18-2019, 12:30 AM
so Yoshimura K /Jin Takuya / Sato Hiromi are just subs ?

zeio
10-18-2019, 06:50 AM
so Yoshimura K /Jin Takuya / Sato Hiromi are just subs ?

Niwa as well? Nogizaka46 is way more important.

Takkyu_wa_inochi
10-18-2019, 07:15 AM
By the way, i think there is round 1 of internal qualification tournament for JNT next week, maybe not Olympics but WTTTC 2020, second round in December

driversbeat
10-18-2019, 09:21 AM
What are the details?

zeio
10-18-2019, 09:34 AM
By the way, i think there is round 1 of internal qualification tournament for JNT next week, maybe not Olympics but WTTTC 2020, second round in December

Didn't know that. Matsushima and M. Harimoto playing!!!

https://www.city.kita.tokyo.jp/ori_para/2020sekaitakkyu_1.html

日程
2019年10月22日(火曜・祝日)

午後1時30分~18時(予定)

(午後1時開場)
2019年10月23日(水曜)

午前9時30分~午後1時30分(予定)

(午前9時開場)

出場選手(予定)

【男子】

宇田 幸矢 選手(2019年世界ジュニア卓球選手権大会 日本代表)

大島 祐哉 選手(平成30年度全日本卓球選手権大会 シングルス 準優勝)

大矢 英俊 選手(2019年全日本社会人卓球選手権大会 シングルス 優勝)

木造 勇人 選手(平成30年度全日本卓球選手権大会 シングルス ベスト4)

篠塚 大登 選手(2019年世界ジュニア選手権大会 日本代表選手最終選考会 優勝)

戸上 隼輔 選手(2019年全国高校総合体育大会 シングルス 優勝)

松島 輝空 選手(2019年全日本卓球選手権大会 ホープスの部 優勝)

吉山 僚一 選手(2019年全国中学校卓球大会 シングルス 優勝)

【女子】

出雲 美空 選手(2019年全国高校総合体育大会 シングルス 優勝)

出澤 杏佳 選手(平成30年度全日本卓球選手権大会 ジュニアの部 優勝)

小塩 悠菜 選手(2019年全国中学校卓球大会 シングルス 優勝)

木原 美悠 選手(平成30年度全日本卓球選手権大会 シングルス 準優勝)

長﨑 美柚 選手(2019年世界ジュニア卓球選手権大会 日本代表)

野村 萌 選手(2019年全日本社会人卓球選手権大会 シングルス 優勝)

張本 美和 選手(2019年全日本卓球選手権大会 ホープスの部 優勝)

森 さくら 選手(平成30年度全日本卓球選手権大会 シングルス ベスト4)

※五十音順

※出場選手(予定)は令和元年10月10日現在。

※男女各12名が出場予定。

※選考基準については下記のリンク先をご覧ください。

Takkyu_wa_inochi
10-18-2019, 01:33 PM
well i got the info from Oya Hidetoshi, who's playing in this event. He's my personal coach :-)

zeio
10-18-2019, 02:18 PM
Hirano, born for the majors, straight to the SF if nothing goes wrong. Ishikawa always has a hard time playing FTW in singles, but Meshref is no pushover either.

https://i.imgur.com/qYSy6KK.png

Takkyu_wa_inochi
10-18-2019, 03:33 PM
Should Samara retire ?

looking at the participants, its easier to win the World Cup than the Swedish or German Open..

pongfugrasshopper
10-18-2019, 03:59 PM
Should Samara retire ?

looking at the participants, its easier to win the World Cup than the Swedish or German Open..
She was playing through injury. She was touching her back and wincing throughout her match with Wu Yue.

zeio
10-18-2019, 04:51 PM
Team World Cup 2018
Ishikawa 3-1 Meshref(11:7, 11:5, 9:11, 11:9)
https://tv.ittf.com/video/ishikawa-kasumi-meshref-dina/1117762

pongfugrasshopper
10-18-2019, 06:46 PM
Wow, Shibata loses in Round 64 of a Challenge Open. She has really fallen so fast.

Vlad Celler
10-18-2019, 06:58 PM
It is interesting to see the game Odo Satsuki with Zhang Qiang ....Will she be to pass the second Chinese woman in a row .....
But in any case, with the most successful outcome, apparently, XE and Hayata will meet in the semifinal .....

zeio
10-19-2019, 03:18 AM
Ishikawa wearing a wristband, some kind of reminder? Can't remember ever seeing that.

Takkyu_wa_inochi
10-19-2019, 03:45 AM
Kasumi yes !!!! congrats !!! moves on to the 1/4 easily

Janard
10-19-2019, 04:05 AM
Lol hirano on the other hand...

Vlad Celler
10-19-2019, 04:55 AM
Hirano falls at 11525 ...
It is not clear who will be in the November ranking at 9 - 10 places ....Certainly F.T. will rise higher ....We will wait a bit ... How will C.I.C. play .....

Takkyu_wa_inochi
10-19-2019, 04:59 AM
Hirano couldn't handle the pressure. Lily Zhang played fantastic, really quick on her feet, covering the whole table and she beated Hirano at her own game, she got the upper hand in the BH rallies. Her solid FH flick got her the extra points to make the difference, while in the few lobbing rallies Hirano showed her blatant lack of FH power, Lily won all of them.

OTOH Hirano seemed as usual not to have a plan B or C and she totally collapsed mentally... 5-11 in the 6th and 7th. G7 was 1-5 -> 4-5 -> 4-11 ... a total disaster

looks like Ishikawa will take the spot, i think with this match its a done deal. Given how Hirano's level (far from her 2017 form), despite her track record against the Chinese, I think its the best chance for Japan, perhaps not for Gold, but for Bronze if she has a good draw.

zeio
10-19-2019, 05:06 AM
https://i.imgur.com/iTiCwLf.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/lmrhAD0.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/BZEQQFc.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/5Qf5chR.jpg

https://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/tabletennis/img/aflo_IPHA_170304_1440.jpg

zeio
10-19-2019, 05:13 AM
Big blow to Hirano.

Hirano
R16 = 10295 pts

Ishikawa
QF = 10230 pts
4th = 10485 pts
3rd = 10615 pts

Takkyu_wa_inochi
10-19-2019, 05:21 AM
even FTW has played well in the open last week, i can't see Ishikawa lose this game. She'll be pumped up

driversbeat
10-19-2019, 05:26 AM
Ishikawa is probably the prime candidate for 4th place

zeio
10-19-2019, 05:27 AM
Hirano has arguably the easiest quarter. Will see what she says.

Vlad Celler
10-19-2019, 06:19 AM
Big blow to Hirano.

Hirano
R16 = 10295 pts

Ishikawa
QF = 10230 pts
4th = 10485 pts
3rd = 10615 pts

Yes ... Estimated (possibly erroneous!):

HIRANO Miu
1785/wwc-2018 - 1020/wwc-2019 = (-765 ) ( no reserv/900 , 1020 ! )
12140-765 = 11375...:(

zeio
10-19-2019, 06:20 AM
Looking strictly at the track records throughout 2019, Hayata deserves the place Ishikawa and Hirano are in right now. It's hard to imagine a player of this caliber still has to travel across the globe to compete in the Challenge series.

Vlad Celler
10-19-2019, 06:25 AM
Looking strictly at the track records throughout 2019, Hayata deserves the place Ishikawa and Hirano are in right now. It's hard to imagine a player of this caliber still has to travel across the globe to compete in the Challenge series.

Quite rightly ... I don’t understand why JTTA doesn’t send it to WWC or TWC at least ...It cannot be that the rules do not take into account possible substitutions of players .... These points would have helped Hayata now ...

Takkyu_wa_inochi
10-19-2019, 06:46 AM
Hayata has improved this year a lot and her victory in Portugal Open stands out but since that one even though she did have good encounters against CNT members she has not many more victories than Ishikawa if IIRC.
But potential-wise she seems above Hirano already and about to edge Ishikawa. I’d say she is not as consistent as Ishikawa just yet.

zeio
10-19-2019, 06:49 AM
World ranking. They follow the ITTF rules to a T.

Ishikawa and Hirano were invited as the highest ranked(5th and 6th) for the AC and WWC in 2017.

They were invited as the highest ranked and ATTC Champion for AC and WWC in 2018 and 2019.

This is despite Ito and Hayata actually played better in 2019.

Takkyu_wa_inochi
10-19-2019, 06:54 AM
You can say the same on the Chinese side. ZYL is there but she’s far from being the best CNT member. LSW is the WC but I believe SYS is better and CM/WMY and even DN were also worth being chosen

zeio
10-19-2019, 07:08 AM
The CNT used to decline invitations all the time until the LGL incident in 2017.

Ito and Hayata have beaten 8 and 6 CNT players this year. Hayata is even more consistent than Ito in terms of game score. Took at least 2 games in all the matches she lost and even led in some of the matches.

http://hukuhara5ch.choumusubi.com/vstyuugoku.html
https://i.imgur.com/Meto8AO.png

Vlad Celler
10-19-2019, 07:22 AM
I want to wish Hina Hayata good luck in Poland and Belarus!

Sali
10-19-2019, 07:32 AM
even FTW has played well in the open last week, i can't see Ishikawa lose this game. She'll be pumped up
I am not that sure. FTW can handle the pressure better then ishikawa and she had a good time lately.

zeio
10-19-2019, 07:54 AM
The CNT used to decline invitations all the time until the LGL incident in 2017.

For AC 2016, XX(AC 2015 winner) and ZJK(WR5) and LSW(WR1) and LXX(WR5) were sent by China but ML(WR1) and DN(WR2) were actually invited by their ranking in Jan, 2016. It's in the rules. China made use of that to raise the rankings of ZJK and LXX for Rio 2016.

http://attu.org/storage/event_section/PEyhMzUXM0zuTqw3RIT1XlKe55iHUNBKMNSPA938.pdf

15. SUBSTITUTIONS
- A ranked player may be replaced, on recommendation from the Association, by the next highest eligible ranked players from the same association who were ranked above the last reserved player on the list in ITTF world ranking issue Jan.2016.
- If an association wants to replace a certain invited player or to confirm invited player to participate, ATTU secretariat must receive player nomination or confirmation from association by the deadline of Feb. 4th, 2016, otherwise, player quota will be transferred to reserved player or wild card player.

By the same token, Japan could theoretically make use of that to replace Hirano with Ito in 2018 and 2019, and Ishikawa with Hayata in 2019.

Vlad Celler
10-19-2019, 08:23 AM
For AC 2016, XX(AC 2015 winner) and ZJK(WR5) and LSW(WR1) and LXX(WR5) were sent by China but ML(WR1) and DN(WR2) were actually invited by their ranking in Jan, 2016. It's in the rules. China made use of that to raise the rankings of ZJK and LXX for Rio 2016.

http://attu.org/storage/event_section/PEyhMzUXM0zuTqw3RIT1XlKe55iHUNBKMNSPA938.pdf

By the same token, Japan could theoretically make use of that to replace Hirano with Ito in 2018 and 2019, and Ishikawa with Hayata in 2019.

Absolutely right! There was a chance of replacement !! And I do not understand JTTA .....

zeio
10-19-2019, 08:44 AM
FTW vs Ishikawa
G1 3:7, 6:7, 6:8, 7:8, 7:9, 7:10, 8:10, 9:10(sideline edge), 10:10, SHEET, 11:10, 12:10
G2 1:1, 2:1, 2:9, 4:9, 4:10, 6:10, 7:11. Phew...
G3 1:1, 3:1, 4:1, FTW is using the angle here, 5:1, 5:2, Ishikawa catching on, 5:3, 6:3, 6:4, 7:4, FTW going for Ishikawa's BH, 7:5, 7:6, TO for FTW, 8:6, 8:7, so many nets and edges, 9:7, 9:8, 10:8, 11:8. ARGH
G4 1:1, 3:1, 3:3, 4:3, 5:3, Ishikawa losing her cool, 6:3, TO for Ishikawa, 6:4, 7:4, 7:5, 7:6, 8:6, 8:8, 8:9(Ishikawa's dripping net), 8:11.
G5 1:1, 3:1, 5:1, Ishikawa playing like poop, 5:2, 6:2, 6:3, 8:3, 8:4, 8:6, FTW catching breath, 8:8, 8:9, 8:10(no sideline edge?), 8:11.
Age is catching up
G6 4:0, 4:1, 5:1, 5:2, 5:3, 6:3, 6:4, 6:5, 6:6, 8:6, 8:7, 8:8, 9:8, 9:9, 10:9, 10:10, 11:10, 12:10(FTW's endline edge).

Both coaches did their jobs and called the TO at the right moment. FTW got her tactics right but stamina couldn't last until the very end.

G7 1:1, 2:1, 2:2, 3:2, 3:3, 5:3, 6:3, 6:4, 6:5, 7:5, 7:7, 8:7, 9:7, 10:7, 11:7

*Bleep* retire, Ishikawa!

driversbeat
10-19-2019, 09:05 AM
Is Zeio cheering for Ishikawa? O.O

zeio
10-19-2019, 09:09 AM
Is Zeio cheering for Ishikawa? O.O

Fanboi mode.

Sali
10-19-2019, 09:26 AM
Ishikawa down 8:4 and score 7 points inna row!

Vlad Celler
10-19-2019, 09:43 AM
G7 8:7...

I pay tribute to F.T.
Second wind ?

Janard
10-19-2019, 09:47 AM
Hirano: Arigato Feng Tianwe-san!
Kasumi: Feng, you're surely playing Olympics Singles. Why are you denying me my chance!

Takkyu_wa_inochi
G7 8:7...

I pay tribute to F.T.
Second wind ?

I jinxed it for Kasumi :-/ :crying:

karupinkun
well, it seems hirano and ishikawa arent really olympic material, when they even choke as best as they can to even qualify for the event xD Imagine the pressure at the olympics itself

zeio
10-19-2019, 09:48 AM
Lost in translation.

FTW: I get the feeling of making a comeback as a 33-year-old

zeio
10-19-2019, 09:53 AM
Hirano, born for the majors, straight to the SF if nothing goes wrong. Ishikawa always has a hard time playing FTW in singles, but Meshref is no pushover either.

https://i.imgur.com/qYSy6KK.png

https://i.imgur.com/nj4TabW.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/cgZuL8r.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/B2wvHZK.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/wDnsuid.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/3CGsGIv.png

https://i.imgur.com/l5lcEWm.jpg

Vlad Celler
10-19-2019, 09:53 AM
well, it seems hirano and ishikawa arent really olympic material, when they even choke as best as they can to even qualify for the event xD Imagine the pressure at the olympics itself

JTTA coaches have something to think about, and think hard .....

Janard
10-19-2019, 09:54 AM
Lost in translation.

FTW: I get the feeling of making a comeback as a 33-year-old

Well, it seems like she has the best chance of beating ZYL from the pool of available candidates (Ishikawa, Solja and FTW).

Takkyu_wa_inochi
10-19-2019, 09:54 AM

unfortunately it is true

I hope they really make an extra effort to work on these issues else Japan won't even lose to China but way before

zeio
10-19-2019, 09:56 AM

*Bleep* me!

karupinkun
10-19-2019, 09:58 AM
JTTA coaches have something to think about, and think hard .....

not much they can do about it. The players have to figure it out. Im sure they already have everthing possible to support them. Its not that other players other then Ishikawa and Hirano are better in general. Only Hayata comes close, but even as a hayata fan I have to say, then i wouldnt rate her higher then Ishikawa or Hirano in singles play. She is also quite inconsistant.

Vlad Celler
10-19-2019, 10:02 AM
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/cache.php?img=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fnj4TabW.jpg
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/cache.php?img=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FcgZuL8r.jpg
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/cache.php?img=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FB2wvHZK.jpg
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/cache.php?img=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FwDnsuid.jpg
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/cache.php?img=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F3CGsGIv.png

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/cache.php?img=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fl5lcEWm.jpg

Hina Hayata, beat Zhang Qiang today!
(and tomorrow - XE ....)
You can !

zeio
10-19-2019, 10:15 AM
Honestly, Hirano(17+1), Ishikawa(16+1) and Sato(17) are fit for marathon. They have been the most active throughout the year.

zeio
10-19-2019, 10:22 AM
Well, it seems like she has the best chance of beating ZYL from the pool of available candidates (Ishikawa, Solja and FTW).

Best chance indeed. The way she adapted in G6 and G7 was simply beyond Ishikawa and Solja. Not skills, not tactics, not age, just tenacity.

Tempest/Comet
10-19-2019, 10:32 AM
And with the biggest fu yet, Hirano’s lead shrivels to a mere 70 pts, with only 2 majors and a T2 left. Despite finally getting her own quarter, has the easiest draw towards Semi, she just couldn’t hold it together under pressure. What’s the point of sending her to Tokyo ? Other than skills, mental toughness counts just as much, maybe even more. I just do not see the ”steadfastness under fire” in her to put up a meaningful fight. From here on I really don’t care whether Ishikawa or Hirano gets picked. They’re both impediments to the 2020 dream.The headless chicken description should be applied to her in 2 parts, headless & chicken.
Ito is the REAL thing, the ONLY real thing for Japan now. Hayata, keep developing, your time will come after the pretenders fade away, soon.

Takkyu_wa_inochi
10-19-2019, 10:56 AM
Lily's secret revealed during her interview !
she replies in Mandarin, she's a Chinese ! Her name should have been a hint

zeio
10-19-2019, 10:59 AM
Ishikawa so jelly.

http://t.cn/AiHsNtWA

Takkyu_wa_inochi
10-19-2019, 11:14 AM
Ishikawa so jelly.

http://t.cn/AiHsNtWA

ping pong diplomacy

Takkyu_wa_inochi
10-19-2019, 11:19 AM
Petrissa needs to go on diet first if she wanna win those kind of matches

zeio
10-19-2019, 11:27 AM
Nagasaki: Should've sent me. ZYL is my maid.

apacible
10-19-2019, 02:12 PM

zeio
10-19-2019, 03:23 PM
https://i.imgur.com/DYRa0JM.gif

Vlad Celler
10-19-2019, 03:41 PM
It’s a pity ... Hayata has problems in the game ... And, it seems, serious problems ... She can’t impose her own game ...

zeio
10-19-2019, 03:44 PM
Hayata vs Zhang Qiang
G4 6:4 Hayata serving, 6:10, 8:11
Hayata still blanks out when leading.

G6 2:8, 6:8, 6:9, 7:9, 7:10, 8:10, 9:10, 10:10, 10:11, Hayata tried to play safe, 10:12, controversy. Sideline edge or not?

Taking 2 games again. As stated before, Hayata needs to work on her stamina management. She fluctuates too much in a match, pushing too hard early on.

Vlad Celler
10-19-2019, 03:53 PM
Alas ... In her eyes, defeat ....

Jacky Kwok
10-19-2019, 04:11 PM
This is a bad day for the Japanese women’s team.

zeio
10-19-2019, 04:15 PM
This selection system under the new world ranking is pushing the players way too hard. They've been playing practically non-stop.

https://i.imgur.com/efYD8kt.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/H7KAhiw.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/PTLKfn8.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/5Dsp8oo.jpg

Sali
10-19-2019, 04:31 PM
Hayata was supposed to take polish open according to some of you. And now she just lost to some girl from china - of course there are some who will say that this chinese player is next Liu shi wen and make excuses.
She plays a lot? How about the others besides Ito, they also play a lot. If you loose to 3rd level china player there is no place for you in JNT now.

zeio
10-19-2019, 05:07 PM
Noob giving lecture again.

https://i.imgur.com/DYRa0JM.gif

Ishikawa, Ito, Hirano have been seeded year long and will until the year end. Sato, Kato and Hashimoto were seeded until Czech Open. Sato was seeded again in German Open because some of the top CNT players took breaks.

OTOH, Hayata and Shibata have had to play 3 to 4 rounds of qualification to reach the main draw. Get them all to start from qualification and see how many of them make the main draw.

----------------------

Did some lookups. I mixed up Kato and Shibata.

It was Shibata that was seeded until Czech Open. Kato was seeded only in Bulgaria Open and Czech Open.

That makes Hayata the only one among the top 8 on the JNT to start in prelim all year long.

will_999
10-19-2019, 05:39 PM
Lily's secret revealed during her interview !
she replies in Mandarin, she's a Chinese ! Her name should have been a hint
Do you have a link to this interview..??

Vlad Celler
10-19-2019, 05:41 PM
My opinion is that the characterization that Zeyo gives to Hina Hayata is very, very accurate .....

Injuries of 2018 drove Hayata into a hole ... And now, with the new ITTF rating system and the new tactics of the Chinese women's team, when China sends many players even to unpretentious tournaments .....

Hina Hayata is tired, this is obvious ..... Hence the self-doubt .....

Sali
10-19-2019, 06:26 PM
My opinion is that the characterization that Zeyo gives to Hina Hayata is very, very accurate .....

Injuries of 2018 drove Hayata into a hole ... And now, with the new ITTF rating system and the new tactics of the Chinese women's team, when China sends many players even to unpretentious tournaments .....

I do not think playing more matches instead of training is much more exhausting. Traveling around the world is much more to do. I am not sure that Hayata played much more tournaments then ishikawa or Hirano.
Hayata had many chances this year to prove she can beat chinese A team players and she did not manage to do it for a long Time. Nobody took away her chances not sending her to tournaments.
There is no doubt she made a progress but I do not see much variation, fighting spirit or stamina. But she is very Young and has time to improve for next olympics in 2024.

Vlad Celler
10-19-2019, 06:34 PM
I agree with you....
Perhaps her chance is a pair game, WD .....

driversbeat
10-20-2019, 01:45 AM
ITTF used to have tournaments that started from the round of 64 and round of 128. Maybe they should consider implementing it again to make things more fair. Seeded players can just maintain their ranking now by attending tournaments and winning their first match every now and then.

Sali
10-20-2019, 06:53 AM
ITTF used to have tournaments that started from the round of 64 and round of 128. Maybe they should consider implementing it again to make things more fair. Seeded players can just maintain their ranking now by attending tournaments and winning their first match every now and then.
The Main reason they did it was to prevent top players from injuries by reducing number of matches. But yes I would prefer that too.

driversbeat
10-20-2019, 08:16 AM
Or they could make r32 qualifiers earn more points than seeded players who get knocked out immediately. Seems fair.

Janard
10-20-2019, 08:58 AM
Or they could make r32 qualifiers earn more points than seeded players who get knocked out immediately. Seems fair.

Ultimately, I believe the issue lies with the new ranking system which prioritises participation above all (and hence the sometimes ridiculous number of entries) and further contributes to the current Chinese hegemony more than anything else. Ironically, it was a revision that some opine were meant to curb said team's dominance ~ You can increase the number of points qualifiers earn from early exits and/or the number of people who can make the main draw, but the outcome will likely be the same, that is each association sending waves of players to outdo each other. Kind of spoils the game IMO.

Vlad Celler
10-20-2019, 10:47 AM
I’m forwarding you the question Hina Hayata .... Your opinion?

Hayata Hina 早田 ひな Fans Page

The judgement of this point may turn around the game result?

https://youtu.be/R2jNo72qxKU

09.44 - ....
(https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1692697980862708)

NextLevel
10-20-2019, 11:30 AM
Ultimately, I believe the issue lies with the new ranking system which prioritises participation above all (and hence the sometimes ridiculous number of entries) and further contributes to the current Chinese hegemony more than anything else. Ironically, it was a revision that some opine were meant to curb said team's dominance ~ You can increase the number of points qualifiers earn from early exits and/or the number of people who can make the main draw, but the outcome will likely be the same, that is each association sending waves of players to outdo each other. Kind of spoils the game IMO.

Sorry. Blaming the new ranking system for the myopia of TT associations that can hire whole staffs to analyze the matches of opponents is a bit much. If people really care about ELO ranking, they can build a system to track it. China does theirs a bit differently and people still think they are wrong.

apacible
10-20-2019, 11:47 AM

ITTF has already tried a system where R32 qualifiers get more points than seeded players that lose in the first round last year before changing it in 2019. Last year, if you’re a seeded player that loses in the first round, you will only get ½ the usual points you would normally get when losing in the first round. This was implemented at a time where the WR points given for R32 and R16 exits were still very high and not yet deflated like this year’s points. For example, one would normally get 1125 points when losing in R32 for a platinum event, but if you’re a seeded player, you would only get 563 points. If you’re a qualifier that loses in the first round, you still get 1125 points. The problem with this system is that your first-round draw has more of an impact under the old system than in the current system. A player consistently drawing under-ranked Chinese qualifiers will be penalized harder in the old system than in the current system. Under the 1/2 penalty rule, the ranking points you get are so small that it's almost as if the seeded player had not participated in the tournament at all.

To illustrate, here are the stats for last year’s World Tour for seeded players
Ito- drew a CNT opponent 6/11 times in the first round. Ito won 4/6 of those matches. Had Ito lost all these matches, she might be hovering in the top 20 rather than the top 10 right now due to the 1/2 rule.
Hayata- drew a CNT opponent 4/8 times in the first round. She lost all 4 matches and is part of the reason she was unseeded for the rest of the year and the negative effect has carried on to this year.
Ishikawa- drew a CNT opponent only 1/11 times in the first round and lost that match.

The new system solves the problem of the old system by making the first round draw less impactful on your ranking points, but may protect seeded players too much to the point that they get the same amount of WR points for immediately losing in the first round than a qualifier who wins 2-3 matches in qualifications but loses in the first round. Maybe a compromise where the seeded player who loses in the first round gets the same number of points as a loser in the last qualification round before the main draw? It wasn't a good time to be a seeded player last year, but this year, being a seeded player is really beneficial and it's harder now for qualifiers to become seeded players.

apacible
10-20-2019, 11:52 AM
I think every WR system has flaws. Even the old one was flawed since it completely disregarded participation to the point that you could maintain your ranking by playing once every 4 months. The fault lies not with the ranking system itself but in JTTA's sole reliance on the ranking system to determine the Olympic spots despite knowing that WR doesn't tell the whole story. WR doesn't measure the level of the opponent you've beaten or lost to but how far in the tournament you've gone. WR can't tell the difference between a 4-0 loss and a 4-3 loss. WR can't tell the difference between a seeded player who lost his first match in the R32 and a qualifier who won 4 round of qualification rounds but also lost in the R32.

Making Olympic spots dependent on WR has pushed Japan's players to play more tournaments than needed for WR points instead of taking an extended break to improve their skills. Ito was the only one courageous enough to skip all September tournaments and train because it would help her in the long-run. Hayata's best form came last year from Mid-October onwards. Before this, she didn't participate in any tournament and trained from late August to early October. After that, she ended up beating players she has never beaten before like Feng Tianwei, Cheng I-Ching, Ishikawa, and some lower-level Chinese players. After close losses in the last 3 tournaments, I think it would benefit her to take another "break" to make another jump in level and the same applies for Ishikawa and Hirano who have been playing non-stop for WR points. It's unfortunate that that "break" won't happen till the end of the year, but once the WR race is over, I do hope they all are willing to skip some tournaments next year before the Olympics to make a jump in level before the actual event.

zeio
10-20-2019, 05:33 PM
We're on the last legs of the calendar. Women's World Cup this coming Friday. Ishikawa's fate is literally up in the air. Can Hayata knock Kato off the 4th spot before the end of the year, with "merely" 785 pts between the 2 now? So close yet so far.

The Men's World Cup and Austrian Open will be game-changing for Niwa. He'll seriously have to perform in these 2.
Tally after the WWC and Polish Open.

Merely 65 points b/w Hirano and Ishikawa now. Hayata not winning the Polish Open means she will have to win Belarus Open and reach the SF in Austrian Open, while Kato will have to finish R16, tops, in order for her to knock Kato off the 4th spot.

https://i.imgur.com/6nLrTFY.png

karupinkun
10-20-2019, 05:54 PM
In my eyes Hayata reaching 4. place isnt that important for her or JTTA. I cant imagine a scenario where Kato gets nominated for the olympic team. The 3. player on the team has to be good in doubles. Additionally JTTA wants to pair a right-handed and a left-handed player. Kato is right-handed and to my knowledge no great doubles player. If she gets nominated you have to pair her with Ishikawa, which isnt a great doubles player either.

Hayata only has a shot for the team, if Hirano gets the singles spot over Ishikawa, but Im 90% sure even then JTTA goes with Ito, Hirano and Ishikawa. You want Ito to play both singles. Hayata would pair a better double with Hirano then Ishikawa, but Ishikawa might have the edge in singles. With JTTA focus on the Worldranking they will field Ishikawa over Hayata even so.

apacible
10-20-2019, 06:11 PM
Tally after the WWC and Polish Open.

Merely 65 points b/w Hirano and Ishikawa now. Hayata not winning the Polish Open means she will have to win Belarus Open and reach the SF in Austrian Open, while Kato will have to finish R16, tops, in order for her to knock Kato off the 4th spot.

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/cache.php?img=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tabletennisdaily.com%2Fforum%2Fcache.php%3Fimg%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.tabletennisdaily.com%252Fforum%252Fcache.php%253Fimg%253Dhttps%25253A%25252F%25252Fi.imgur.com%25252F6nLrTFY.png

To put into perspective just how costly Ishikawa's and Hirano's early exits were this World Cup: Feng Tianwei has 10585 WR points for Jan. 2020 after her amazing October performances. That's more than Hirano or Ishikawa. Whoever among them gets the second singles spot is in danger of not being a Top 4 seed in the Olympics and facing a Chinese player earlier than the SF. The 2nd singles player may not even get a chance to make it to the medal match. Then again, both Ishikawa and Hirano lost to non-Chinese players in the World Cup so even if they were seeded in the top 4, getting to a medal match isn't guaranteed for either of them. Still, this may push either of them to continue playing tournaments early in 2020 just for seeding purposes instead of using that time for training to reach a higher level before the Olympics.

On a lighter note, Lily's amazing World Cup performance actually puts her at 7115 WR points for Jan. 2020. She's on pace to be ranked higher than Hayata and closely ranked to where Kato and Sato are. Congrats, Lily! ;)

Vlad Celler
10-20-2019, 06:18 PM
Poor Hayata .... Honestly, I am very, very sorry for this talented girl .....

October ITTF Hayata rating - 7570...The minimum 8th result is so far 675 ....There are no deductions of old points for October 2018 .....
Even if Hayata wins the tournament in Belarus, the November rating will be - 7570 + (850-675) = 7745..nr.25 maximum...
KATO Miyu - November rating - 8130...nr.21...

When calculating the December ITTF Kato rating, the deduction of old points 11/2018 - 1260(of course, with a replacement from the reserve ...)

When calculating the December ITTF Hayata rating, the deduction of old points (-1125,-900,-600/WWC-2018).....Taking into account the existing reserve, a drop may be within 1000 points .....Austria will not help, even if Hayata reaches the final ...

zeio
10-20-2019, 07:39 PM

Did some lookups. I mixed up Kato and Shibata.

It was Shibata that was seeded until Czech Open. Kato was seeded only in Bulgaria Open and Czech Open.

That makes Hayata the only one among the top 8 on the JNT to start in prelim all year long.

----------------------

As for Hayata's injury, she got the jumper's knee at the WJTTC 2016 and then her wrist was injured at the All-Japan Championships 2017 (https://rallys.online/person/player-voice/hina02/). Despite that, she played rather well in 2017, mostly finishing in QF and R16. I'm not sure when she made a full recovery, but those results still got her to WR11 in Jan, 2018 when the new system kicked in.

In 2018, she finished mostly in R16 and R32. She was seeded for the first half of the year given her ranking. Then in Korea Open, she pulled out of the group after her wrist injury flared up again (https://rallys.online/topic/international/koreaop-day1women/). She was seeded again in Bulgaria and Czech since top CNT players didn't play, but China started flooding the Opens with low/no-rank players and no one could escape. Things then started going downhill quickly from September and onwards, leaving her in a really weak position for 2019.

Her body also matured a lot in 2018, apparently gaining more muscle, especially in the legs, toward the end of the year, finally losing the lanky gait (http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=69094&PID=838487&title=2014-swedish-open#838487). She looked like a different person near the end of the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqTombWcOUI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POmc1wC3byM

zeio
10-20-2019, 09:24 PM

Did some lookup again. Main draw of 32 started sporadically for China Open, Japan Open and Korea Open around 2011 while main draw of 64 remained for German Open, Swedish Open, Austrian Open etc. It appeared European players, for good reasons, were hesitant to travel to Asia just to play 1 match, especially for China Open.

Talks of main draw of 32 started in late 2014, around the same time when a new ranking was requested by the Athletes' Commission (http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=78554&PID=972957&title=major-changes-in-world-ranking-regulations-in-2018#972957). It officially took effect starting with World Tour Super Series(now World Tour Platinum) in 2015.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150316201502/http://www.ittf.com/museum/archivesnewproto/EC/2014.12.5.EC_Minutes_Shanghai.pdf

6.6 Ratification of the 2015 World Tour official documents
The following changes were presented and proposed:
 The rationale behind the changes is to make the events more
attractive for the TV and media especially in the Super Series.
 Further investigation in sport presentation should follow, in order to
have the events presented in a more professional and consistent way,
including fixed schedule for the last 3 days with more matches on 1
table.
 Suggested change in the playing system for the Super series: 32
players in the main draw (16 seeded and 16 qualified).
 The minimum prize money has been raised in all 3 tiers; in the 2015
calendar there are 6 Super, 6 Major and 11 Challenge Series events
plus the Grand Finals.
 For the Challenge series the number of days is set to 5 days and 6
events, whereby TV production needs to be secured for at least 1 day
(before it wasn’t compulsory).
 For the Grand Finals the prize money will be redistributed: from
USD1,000,000 to USD500,000; the incentive didn’t result in an
increased interest in qualification. However, with the redistribution
each tour event will have more prize money, and the total fund for
the World Tour is increased to USD3,000,000 (USD240,000 increase
compared to 2014).
 The documents were ready for distribution.

7-EC-12-2014
The Executive Committee ratified all the proposed changes and modifications
related to the GAC Group 2015 World Tour. Any possible future changes for 2016
and beyond will be analyzed after a review of the Series.

6.7 Ranking system 2015 and testing:
 For the 2015 World Ranking System a new Bonus category, B5 –
“Regional Events and Other Open International Competitions (all age
categories)”, will be introduced.
 In the B4 Bonus Points category the “Multi-Sport Competitions”
should not be listed to avoid not being complete, instead only the
general reference has to be kept.
 A compression of the January 2015 ranking will be performed (last
time done in 2010) in order to make the gap between players
smaller, which allows more dynamics in terms of movements.
 The conditions to enter on the World Ranking List will be relaxed,
which will result in achieving initial player status easier and increase
the overall number of players on the List.
 In relation to the 4 months inactivity period it was noticed that the
status of these players was confusing as they were not allocated a
nominal position, but they still appeared on the World Ranking List
and if participating at a certain events they were considered on the
seeding list. 3 different options were presented:
a) To continue with the current system;
b) To put on a separate list the inactive players, i.e. to create and
Inactivity List, from which the inactive players would still be
considered for seeding, but not for the selections, qualifications and
invitations for specific tournaments); and
c) Players with 4 months inactivity are shaded and receive an
inactivity warning, but keep their ranking position and consequently
are considered as active players in terms of seeding, selection,
qualifications and invitations, which was the former system.

8-EC-12-2014
The Executive Committee approved the 2015 World Ranking System with all the
presented changes, and decided to create an “Inactivity List”: Players with 4
months inactivity (grey shaded) are indicated on a separate list. Players on the
“inactivity list” are considered for seeding purposes, but not for selections,
qualifications and invitations to specific tournaments.

 A comprehensive analysis with different testing calculations shall be
carried out based on the assumption that the World Ranking system
doesn’t support in the best possible way the ITTF competition
properties, which makes it very difficult to sell them effectively.
 The system needs to be reviewed together with the Athletes
Commission as some anomalies are occurring, for example the
participation at the World Tour has a minor impact on the World
Ranking List.
 The proposal is to test different ranking systems that will be run in
parallel to the current one allowing comparisons.
Page 9
 There will be 5 different tests to be run, 3 of them proposed by the
Athletes Commission.
 A working group will be nominated composed by the following
members: the President, 1 representative of the Athletes
Commission, 1 staff member, the Technical Commissioner. For the
future it is recommended to involve also other external stakeholders
and coaches, journalists and players from different levels/strengths in
order to get an as objective picture as possible.
 No major changes should be adopted before the 2016 Olympic
Games.

Vlad Celler
10-21-2019, 03:16 AM
Thanks a lot Zeio!
Very good review!

zeio
10-21-2019, 05:40 PM
Hayata for Tokyo 2020!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmF6ywWdcnA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoGxf6c3HeA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRo1My5YOy0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCMk404hxMg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIjhL7FH1Vs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8HwTPQP8GA

More TWC promos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTvBlLJjnUw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWpv2XAN73w

Vlad Celler
10-21-2019, 06:57 PM
Zeyo, Zeyo ..... How to thank you ..... You are doing just incredible ....

zeio
10-22-2019, 10:08 AM
JTTA has confirmed the entries for T2 Singapore yesterday. Qualifications are based on the World Tour Standings after German Open.

Harimoto and Mizutani
Ito, Ishikawa, Hirano and Sato.

http://www.jtta.or.jp/tournament/tabid/125/rptid/522/Default.aspx
https://www.ittf.com/2019/01/15/t2-diamond-championships-2019-latest/
https://ittf.cdnomega.com/eu/2019/01/2019-WT-Standings-MS-GER.pdf
https://ittf.cdnomega.com/eu/2019/01/2019-WT-Standings-WS-GER.pdf

https://i.imgur.com/JhhAHG2.png
https://i.imgur.com/XtLlggW.png

Vlad Celler
10-23-2019, 05:27 AM
The struggle for the distribution of 8-11 places in the November- December 2019 and January 2020 ITTF (WS) ratings will be very interesting .....

zeio
10-24-2019, 01:41 PM
Fuji TV's interview with Hirano after her R16 exit at the World Cup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8G6m69Vxcw

zeio
10-26-2019, 12:06 PM
Strongest-Ever Japan Assembled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-pWEJJI5Dg

Hayata: You didn't invite me?

Sali
10-26-2019, 03:11 PM
Yoshimura ???- really?

apacible
10-26-2019, 08:04 PM
Better late than never. NHK documentary series on the race for Tokyo 2020.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y49wMzqK-ao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDXx566gl0k

Episode 3 of the NHK documentary series on the Race to Tokyo 2020 series has recently been released. Wasn't able to find a high quality video, but maybe one will surface soon. If anyone finds a better copy, just post it on the thread. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBC61pHbFgw (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBC61pHbFgw)

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBC61pHbFgw)

zeio
10-27-2019, 08:36 AM
Oh, forgot about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__1yPcX2whA

Vlad Celler
10-28-2019, 03:30 AM
Japan sends a representative team to Markham ....
We are waiting for China to answer .....:)

http://www.jtta.or.jp/tournament/tabid/125/rptid/514/Default.aspx

zeio
10-28-2019, 04:02 AM
Yoshimura appearing in conference and commercial for TWC.
Yoshimura playing in Markham.

Either Mizutani or Niwa could drop out if the other doesn't take the 2nd spot.

Jacky Kwok
10-28-2019, 10:17 AM
This North American Open Challenge+ is part of the 2019 World Tour events, but it will be finished just a few days before the 2019 World Tour Grand Final. I wonder how can its results impact the qualification to the Grand Final?

Japan sends a representative team to Markham ....
We are waiting for China to answer .....:)

http://www.jtta.or.jp/tournament/tabid/125/rptid/514/Default.aspx

Vlad Celler
10-28-2019, 10:24 AM
This North American Open Challenge+ is part of the 2019 World Tour events, but it will be finished just a few days before the 2019 World Tour Grand Final. I wonder how can its results impact the qualification to the Grand Final?

This tournament is a challenge + ...The results of the Challenger Series tournaments in the Grand Final are not taken into account ....

zeio
10-28-2019, 10:50 AM

Like Vlad Celler noted, the Challenge Series don't count toward the World Tour Standings and in turn the WTGF.

It's the final push for ranking points before Jan, 2020 for those who have signed up.

Vlad Celler
10-28-2019, 11:20 AM
Like Vlad Celler noted, the Challenge Series don't count toward the World Tour Standings and in turn the WTGF.

It's the final push for ranking points before Jan, 2020 for those who have signed up.

Especially important for Ishikawa and Hirano ....Who will be the second in the JNT women's team ....For Ito, this tournament does not matter at all - she is certainly number one by January 2020 ....

zeio
10-28-2019, 11:25 AM
Updated entries for North American Open.

https://i.imgur.com/St9I5zh.png
https://i.imgur.com/1eUKr8N.png

apacible
10-28-2019, 01:17 PM

It won't affect the qualification for the WTGF, but it may impact the Japanese players' performances during the Grand Finals itself. Jet Lag will probably hit them pretty hard since the WTGF is in China since it's going to be very difficult adjusting from Canadian time. Just ask Niwa and his experience playing in Paraguay while jet lagged. Ito or Harimoto may not be too happy having a zombie mixed doubles partner in Mizutani or Hayata during the WTGF.

Niwa's going to have it worst though since he'll be flying to the North American Open just after the Men's World Cup in China. If Niwa somehow qualifies for the WTGF, he'll have to adjust to jet lag yet again when he flies back to China for the WTGF.

Despite the worry of how the Japanese players' participation in the North American Open will affect their performances in the WTGF in China, I'm quite excited for the North American Open since it's quite rare to see this kind of entry list for a challenge series event. I'm sure Tempest/Comet is the most excited though since he'll probably get to see all the top Japanese players in person. :)