Ma Long Backhand Rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hi,

Just wanted to know if Ma long is using Hurricane 3 37 hardness orange sponge on his Backhand? Or is he using hurricane 3 topsheet with tenergy sponge? Does anybody have any idea.

Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I saw that he is using hurricane 3 even on backhand and i read other forums.It was written that is he using a little softer 37 hardness sponge on backhand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
But are they using same national sponge as available in the market or is that different too?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
The grip is insane, lifting backspin is very easy, and easy to load the ball with spin. Speed wise it's enough, like with 968 you get what you put in. If you're passive with the ball it will be weak/short, if you put some power behind the ball flies. In the short game it's great. My bh isn't very strong yet so I see this as a great tool to force me to correct and adjust the form. During practice when I get the loops right my training partner can't get the block on the table even once.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I honestly don't know. It feels plausible that Ma Long has all personal gear, manufactured according to his needs and not something that can be picked up in a store. But then again, DHS might wanna capitalize on Ma Longs popularity by making the stuff available for the broad audience.

But are they using same national sponge as available in the market or is that different too?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
that is true.Thanks a lot.
I honestly don't know. It feels plausible that Ma Long has all personal gear, manufactured according to his needs and not something that can be picked up in a store. But then again, DHS might wanna capitalize on Ma Longs popularity by making the stuff available for the broad audience.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
sounds good i am gonna try boosted 37 hardness on my 968.
The grip is insane, lifting backspin is very easy, and easy to load the ball with spin. Speed wise it's enough, like with 968 you get what you put in. If you're passive with the ball it will be weak/short, if you put some power behind the ball flies. In the short game it's great. My bh isn't very strong yet so I see this as a great tool to force me to correct and adjust the form. During practice when I get the loops right my training partner can't get the block on the table even once.

Reactions: RidTheKid
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I used Boosted Hurricane 3 provincial 37 hardness on my backhand today on my dhs w968 blade.I absolutely loved it.Tons of grip and great in short game but if i use full strokes the speed is just amazing.I finally found a rubber that i love on the backhand.Only problem is that i will have to boost it every month.Other than that love it.And it is half the price of tenergy so a win win situation.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Yeah he uses 37 hardness orange sponge.But he probably gets the best quality rubber.I just got the neo provincial 37 hardness version.Still great.
Ma Long is using hurricane 3 neo orange sponge on backhand. Same as LSW

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Anyone Tried this? Spin is good. Still feel the ball would leave the rubber late because of the tacky surface? Hard to play a high tempo? Counter attacking game. But he seem to play fast.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Tried what?
Anyone Tried this? Spin is good. Still feel the ball would leave the rubber late because of the tacky surface? Hard to play a high tempo? Counter attacking game. But he seem to play fast.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
Read 2 reviews
I've tried it on the backhand on my Long 5 as well. I agree that the grip and spin is excellent, but it was a little too tacky for service receives and blocks, especially when the opponent served heavy topspin or gives a slow spinny loop to my backhand. Does anyone else face this problem?

Reactions: Lula
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
No i didnt face this problem.Did you use the neo version?I dont think the rubber is too tacky.Did you boost it?
I've tried it on the backhand on my Long 5 as well. I agree that the grip and spin is excellent, but it was a little too tacky for service receives and blocks, especially when the opponent served heavy topspin or gives a slow spinny loop to my backhand. Does anyone else face this problem?