PDA

View Full Version : Testing out Dian Chi booster (from china)

yang_fan
01-21-2012, 07:09 AM
Hey all! I'm currently on vacation in Beijing and felt like giving the Dian Chi booster a try. According to the chinese websites, this is the booster the pro's use (probably just marketing lol). I bought the bottle of booster and some Hurricane 3 Provincial (the one with the six edges and sticker) to try out. For comparison, I also took a piece of my Tenergy 05 off of my paddle to boost.

Here are the steps I followed (and what the sales guy told me to do):

1) Preglue the sponge with water based glue. I used Dianchi's water glue, which I'm sure is very similar to butterfly's. Do this 3 times for the Hurricane 3 Provincial, and 2 times for the Tenergy 05. Dry with hair dryer after each layer before applying next layer, and keep each layer thin.

2) Apply the booster to the sponge after glue is thoroughly dry. 4 times for the Hurricane and 3 times for the tenergy (The booster makes the sponge softer so it may get too soft on the tenergy if you do 4 times). Make sure you let the booster dry after applying each layer and make sure its thin. First layer should dry in 3-5 minutes, 2nd will take 10-15mins, 3rd will take 60mins+ and last layer just leave on.

3) let it sit for 5-6 days.

4) Apply water glue to the paddle only then put the sponge on.

Here are some pictures after each day (I'll update as the days go by and I have time).

Here's the Booster Bottle:

Here are the rubbers after 24 hours: (left one is Hurricane 3, Right is Tenergy 05)

Here they are after 48 hours: (again left is Hurricane 3 and right is Tenergy 05)

I'll upload more photos if the rubber changes at all, and after the 6 days I'll go and play with it and tell you how it plays :)
Stay tuned... (no pun intended)

Update:

So day 3-6 the Rubber basically stayed the same shape. I went ahead and put it on the paddle. I haven't had a chance yet to play with it since its a big holiday here and most clubs are closed. Next week they will open again and I will go play again. After that I'll let you know how it plays.

Update:

Went out to play with the new rubber yesterday. This booster really adds a nice effect to the rubber. Normally Hurricane 3 is very hard and has good spin, but after using the booster the rubber softened up and the speed and spin increased greatly. I think it is a lot like the speed glue effect except you don't have to reglue 2 hours before you play. Anyone looking for the same type of feeling, I would highly recommend.

On a personal note, I'm used to using Tenergy 05 on my forehand so the change to hurricane 3 was very very different. I am going to try out skyline 3 blue sponge next since its a softer rubber to begin with and is lighter then hurricane.

azlan
01-21-2012, 07:17 AM
Wow, the hurricane went curly wurly...is that right? I guess it's because it's a new sponge.

yang_fan
01-21-2012, 07:21 AM
yea the hurricane 3 went very curly. It is a new sponge but the tenergy doesn't curl much even when its new. Also the guy who sold me the booster said it really works best on chinese rubbers.

azlan
01-21-2012, 07:27 AM
Yeah, I should think so. Since the booster is Chinese, I am sure the development is based on Chinese rubbers. But, it would be interesting to find out how it goes with tenergy. Thanx Yang fan, these are very useful and I look forward to your updates (especially the application part) :)

RIPPER
01-21-2012, 01:28 PM
MAN! that hurricane is way too curled! It doesn't look right to me are you sure you didn't put the booster layers too thick!

josh4209211
01-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Hello yang fan! Welcome! It's nice to see you here. Currently I am studying over here in capital of Hunan, Changsha city and i have searched this booster online, could you please tell me the price about that?? I like it here, I hope you have a good time... and 新年快乐

ttmedari
01-21-2012, 03:55 PM
Why don't you try to boost the topsheet too yang_fan?

yurybarquero
01-21-2012, 04:42 PM
it is supposed to curl like that and the ittf machines do not detect them and it undetectable by the ittf machines...
Hope i can buy the como of those bottles on my next purchase and the boost effect is supposed to last for over a month not like PO and Baby Oil

JustAlt
01-21-2012, 05:02 PM
The chinese rubbers curl more because they have a harder topsheet that takes some time to stretch to match the sponge.

yurybarquero
01-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Yeah but after the 6 days it should be flat or at least not rolled...

tremil
01-21-2012, 05:27 PM
Josh: The price online in china is about 300 rmb.

josh4209211
01-22-2012, 04:42 AM
Josh: The price online in china is about 300 rmb.

lol, thanks. i checked the prices online, some were about 10 yuan and one was 315 yuan... i was confused so i asked...

yang_fan
01-22-2012, 11:11 AM
Today is day 3 and the hurricane has curled even more. I bought the booster from taobao . com. Right now is Chinese new year so I'm busy with family, but after I'll post more pictures and give the rubber a try. I didn't put booster on the top sheet because it was not part of the instructions and I don't think it would help much.

Oh and 祝你们春节快乐!

azlan
01-22-2012, 03:25 PM
GONG XI FA CHAI to you too :)

Mr. RicharD
01-22-2012, 04:21 PM
I remember the speed glue days and yes all rubbers pretty much curl like that when you apply a lot of speed glue or booster. I use the bio booster from dandoysports and the effect lasts about 90 days. The thing is I spend 48 hours boosting it 7 the first time 5 and then 3-5 depending on the curl. Then I leave it out for a minimum of 7 days. Even Tenergy domes like crazy. The Chinese rubbers will curl a lot because of the top sheets. Tensor rubbers also. Tenergy just domes a lot from my experience. I have to boost some rubbers this week for a member so I'll post some pics as well.

yang_fan
01-29-2012, 12:07 AM
For anyone still interested, I updated the original post with my experience playing with the rubber.

PlasmaLight
01-29-2012, 12:52 AM
cool. have to try it with my sigma europe :D

TTFrenzy
02-04-2012, 11:46 PM
For anyone still interested, I updated the original post with my experience playing with the rubber.

how much does the effect last?1month or less?

yang_fan
02-05-2012, 12:43 AM
how much does the effect last?1month or less?

It depends on how much you play. If you play 5+ times a week, it will probably last around 20 days. If u play less, then 1 month. However, if you want to redo the effect, its not so involved. You just need to take the rubber off, apply another layer of oil (just 1 this time) wait for it to dry then reglue to paddle.

The whole bottle of oil should last about a year imo.

TTFrenzy
02-05-2012, 08:45 PM
It depends on how much you play. If you play 5+ times a week, it will probably last around 20 days. If u play less, then 1 month. However, if you want to redo the effect, its not so involved. You just need to take the rubber off, apply another layer of oil (just 1 this time) wait for it to dry then reglue to paddle.

The whole bottle of oil should last about a year imo.

thanx for the tip ! and two more questions , is it dian chi > bio booster or the other way around? does dian chi make the sponge softer?

yang_fan
02-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Dian chi definitely does make the sponge softer if you apply it correctly. Also, if your familiar with the Haifu oil that the Chinese national team was supposedly using before, dian chi is actually an improvement of that oil (in terms of performance). The created of Dian Chi broke off from haifu and made his own product which is Dian Chi.

In terms of Bio Booster, I couldn't say which is better since I've never used Bio Booster. I would guess each one is better for a different type of rubber. I can only recommend dian chi based on my personal experience.

Trinita
02-09-2012, 02:57 AM
One question: did you waited 6 daysall the way to let the oil dry out ? Some guys here in France just let it sit for like 24/48h.. They say it works fine. Don't know.. Waiting that long is really a pain though ! :o I mean, you already have to wait for your package to come all the way from China, then you have to let the oil dry for 6 days ! Wow, I'd go crazy! I couldn't wait to try it! :p

I see you tried Dianchi on Hurricane 3 (Neo?) 40°. After the oil is fully dried, would you say the rubber felt like a 38° sponge ? More ? Less ?

yang_fan
02-11-2012, 04:42 PM
Yea you need to let it dry for 6 days or longer. The rubber needs to uncurl to almost flat. If that guy is using it after 48 hours, he's doing it wrong. And yea the hurricane was like 38 but more spinny. Yea it takes a while but I'm sure you will be happy with the result.

tremil
02-11-2012, 08:57 PM
My experiences with the dian chi is almost the same as yours, I really love that the rubber doesn´t becomes to spinny and loses speed or viceversa. The booster softens the rubber a bit, but if play with rubbers that are harder the t64 or calibra, you shouldn't have any downside. The thing I like most about it is that i can reboost the rubber 3-4 times (1-2 for my hurricane), and it still have great quality

Trinita
02-26-2012, 11:42 PM
A friend gave me some DIANCHI to do 1 rubber. Firstly I've put 2/3 layers of Finezip glue, then started painting the sponge with Dianchi. I was afraid that I didn't have ebough of it so I tried to concentrate the layers on the 'center' on the rubber and avoided the angles as I would cut them off afterwards. But now (it's been a few days) the sponge is mostly stcky towards the center of it... Right behind the bottom of the rubber (logos) it doesn't stick much, same thing at the top of it...
I'm afraid, when put on blade, the effect of the booster won't be the everywhere... and strongly concentrated right on the center... I don't know.. what do u think ?

I should have tried to lay the layers more evently everywhere

Also, even though it will be a week in 2 or 3 days, the rubber is still curled... hope it gets flat soon

yurybarquero
02-27-2012, 03:07 AM
Hey guys these are two videos that I found in another forum:

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/Y4tTPpF4JeA/?fr=rec1

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/PuzhJZhCnyE/?fr=rec1

This is from http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=41929&PN=5&title=dian-chi-booster

and another interesting part is Aldrichboy(user from that forum) stated: ¨The funny thing is that I met this lady player Li wenxi in this video demo (not showing by face but voice) in Beijing more than 2 years ago (11 years old in 2009). She was just selected by Beijing's Team at second tier team and now she is in the first tier team that was used to be Zhang Yining and Ding Ning's team. Apparently, the Chinese professional players are all using Dian Chi booster to treat their rubbers, at least in Beijing's team as far as we can tell from this video.¨

Trinita
03-01-2012, 01:23 AM
It's been 7 days now and the Hurricane hasn't flatten out at ALL... Do I have to use a hairdryer ?

One other question for H3 neo prov users and Dianchi users : if you would say a H3 neo prov that has been played for 8/10 hrs (that plays at its full potential) on a Timo Boll Spirit, has 7/10 on a speed scale, in your opinion what should it be with a regular dose of Dianchi ? 7,5/10, 8/10 or more ? Pleaz let me know

I'm asking this cause although I'm dying to try Dianchi, I find my blade, which is a Timo Boll Spirit, and my main rubber a H3 neo Prov fast enough, really. If I brush the ball in top spins, that's perfect, but when I mostly hit right on the sweet spot, here it goes ! right out of the table ! The blade is awesome so It's still very controllable, bud the speed is plain enough.
I wanted to try the Dianchi, not much for spesd as I have plenty, but for the increase of spin and the fact that everyone says the FULL potential of a Hurricane rubber comes out by using Dianchi ; so I'm curious.

CTTC
03-01-2012, 06:16 AM
I normally stick on after three days, and leave in the 'click press' for two days.

Problem you'll find is that with each boost you end up cutting more rubber away to fit the blade, after around three to four months the rubber will be dead.

Steve

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Trinita
03-02-2012, 12:55 AM
What do you mean "cutting more rubber away" ?

Anyone to compare a non-boosted H3 neo Prov on an arylate-carbone blade such as TBS and a Dianchi-ed H3 neo Prov on the same type of blade ? How much is the increase of speed on a 1 to 10 scale ?

Btw, it's been 8-9 days now and my H3 is still curled up like a horse shoe... dunno what to do

CTTC
03-02-2012, 06:46 AM
The expansion caused by the booster expands the whole rubber, even if you follow the instructions you will find that your rubber will need cutting down to fit the blade.

Therefore next time you re-boost the same will happen again. You can therefore only boost a certain number of times until the boost doesn't expand the rubber enough to fit the blade.

I'm due to change rubbers again shortly, I'll start photos over a time period of three months to demonstrate.

Steve

Trinita
03-02-2012, 01:41 PM
The expansion caused by the booster expands the whole rubber, even if you follow the instructions you will find that your rubber will need cutting down to fit the blade.

Therefore next time you re-boost the same will happen again. You can therefore only boost a certain number of times until the boost doesn't expand the rubber enough to fit the blade.

I'm due to change rubbers again shortly, I'll start photos over a time period of three months to demonstrate.

Steve

Oh, ok! I figured you meant something like that, but wasn't sure.

Anyways, I'm boosting a H3 neo with Dianchi for the 1st time now and it doesn't seem expanded, it's very curled though.. Nothing like when I speed glue with Haifu blue whale.. you can easily see that the sponge is uneven with the topsheet as it has expanded a lot.

harrybelafonte
03-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Wonder if mr sharara reads this post..lol.... what a farce...

CTTC
03-02-2012, 05:54 PM
If it's curled up then it's expanded. The rubber forms a done first and as the boost takes effect it causes the curl into a tube shape

And of hope it's curled so the sponge is on the outside.

Steve

UpSideDownCarl
03-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Hey, quick question. The boost expands the rubber which is why it curls up. The boost is chemicals. When it starts uncurling, part of that is because some of those chemicals have evaporated out of the sponge. What would the purpose of putting more coatings of the boost on and then waiting for 6 days be? Why wouldn't you just put 2 or 3 coats on and put it on the blade when the boost has sunk in and dried so the glue will stick?

I normally stick on after three days, and leave in the 'click press' for two days.

What would happen if you did this same day, after the coats you put on sank in?

I just don't quite get the point of waiting so long. I know, some of the boosting techniques that I use, the people who told me about them said to wait for days and let things sink in. I tried that way and then I found that I could put the stuff on, put the rubber on the blade as soon as the glue was dry enough and seal the boost in, and then I got more of a boosted effect and it lasted longer. It ended up working better, especially with paraffin than the technique of waiting when I tested to two.

With this boost what would be the purpose? What are the chemicals in the Dian Chi booster that cause the expansion and the boosted effect?

CTTC
03-02-2012, 09:17 PM
This boost seems slightly different, it expands the four layers of dry glue first and hence the sponge etc expanding. That's why once it wears off you only need to reboost with one layer and then one layer of glue to the blade.

I've never applied it neat to sponge only. I expect it would be like dropping sticky stuff remover on sponge....now that is expansion.. Lol.

Steve

Trinita
03-02-2012, 11:42 PM
Yeah, it was slighly expanded u were right. It showed when I glued the -still curled- H3 neo on my blade. I waited 8 to 9 days but the rubber never flatten down.. Anyways, it sticked pretty well. I'm letting it sit under a french and an italian dictionnairies for the night.

What bugs me though is the serial number of the rubber. It seems to be not good when I type it in the DHS website. The Provincial H3 was bought on ttnpp, I bought it back from a friend, new unopened. Here is the number: 91776624 21844794

JustAlt
03-03-2012, 06:40 AM
Yeah, it was slighly expanded u were right. It showed when I glued the -still curled- H3 neo on my blade. I waited 8 to 9 days but the rubber never flatten down.. Anyways, it sticked pretty well. I'm letting it sit under a french and an italian dictionnairies for the night.

What bugs me though is the serial number of the rubber. It seems to be not good when I type it in the DHS website. The Provincial H3 was bought on ttnpp, I bought it back from a friend, new unopened. Here is the number: 91776624 21844794

My Dhs rubbers have always had 10 or 12 digit security number on the sticker. Where did you find that monster of numbers from? And you shouldn't give the code to anyone because you can use it once only and after that the Dhs web-page just tells you that the code has been used before and the rubber might therefore be fake.

Trinita
03-03-2012, 09:39 PM
My Dhs rubbers have always had 10 or 12 digit security number on the sticker. Where did you find that monster of numbers from? And you shouldn't give the code to anyone because you can use it once only and after that the Dhs web-page just tells you that the code has been used before and the rubber might therefore be fake.

Oh ok, I didn't know.. Anyhow, the code didn't work art first.. It's weird. I played a bit with it this afternon on my Acoustic, and it works great, I did over and over again mid distance drive loop with much speed. It was always going back on the table, disregarding of the placements made by my oponent. I'm definately gonna get my own Dianchi bootle and boost a REAL 38° H3 neo to put on my TBS.

For those who got a positve answer from DHS-sports website, how many figures did the sticker had ? For every H3 I've had, there were 2 lignes of 8 numbers

Trinita
03-07-2012, 02:05 AM
One question for those who know Dianchi : I want to take off my H3NP from my Acoustic to put it on my TBS. Will it ruin the boosting effect ? What if, once taken off, the glue residue on the back of the sponge is messy and cannot be glued back and needs to get peeled off: will it ruin the boosting effect ?
Is it necessary to bbosst it again with one layer ?

CTTC
03-07-2012, 06:44 AM
Leave the glue and booster on the rubber and apply another layer of booster, let it dry in then add some glue to the blade and slap them together.

Steve

TTFrenzy
03-17-2012, 01:00 AM
hello , i have boosted two rubbers with dian chi (hurricane 3 and skyline 3 both with blue sponge ) and i doubt that the dome will disappear in day 6 . Does the dome need to be transparent in order to stick the rubber onto the blade , or should i wait two or even three days more for it to get flat ? If i dont wanna wait and glue the blade & rubber and then stick them together and press it with some heavy object (encyclopedia for example , lol) is it ok or does anything bad happens ?!

yurybarquero
03-17-2012, 07:00 AM
hello , i have boosted two rubbers with dian chi (hurricane 3 and skyline 3 both with blue sponge ) and i doubt that the dome will disappear in day 6 . Does the dome need to be transparent in order to stick the rubber onto the blade , or should i wait two or even three days more for it to get flat ? If i dont wanna wait and glue the blade & rubber and then stick them together and press it with some heavy object (encyclopedia for example , lol) is it ok or does anything bad happens ?!

Don´t wait more than what has been instructed and just put it under a pile of books and because of that dome you will see the edges of the top sheet curl up just like zhang jike´s or ma long´s blade:

yang_fan
03-19-2012, 02:44 PM
Right now i just use a clicky-press when I'm not playing. With the tuning the rubber tends to curl up on the edges, so its good to put something heavy on it.

Giangt
03-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Hey Guys!

I am also trying Dianchi Booster out on my Hurricane 3 Nat and Hurricane 3 Blue Sponge.
As yang_fan posted mine went curly too :-) 6 days!!! pheeww... Can't wait to try them out!

Trinita
03-29-2012, 11:16 AM
Hey Guys!

I am also trying Dianchi Booster out on my Hurricane 3 Nat and Hurricane 3 Blue Sponge.
As yang_fan posted mine went curly too :-) 6 days!!! pheeww... Can't wait to try them out!

Did you read the insctruction on the bottle ? It says to let it dry off naturaly for 12-40 hours depending on the environment or dry it with a hair dryer. On my bottle there's a red warning saying it needs to be dried off naturally in 12-40 hours. It is pretty confusing, they say to dry it with "hot wind" and also to let it dry naturally...! On the other hand, prott and ttnpp say to let it sit for 6 days.

Peronnally I think 6 days is a bit too much as after 3/4 days (I think..) the rubber doesn't change, it seems dry enough although pretty shiny and DAMN sticky, and the curl (for me) didn't flatten down.

I would say that it requires at least 48hrs of sitting, but 3 days would be better.. Haven't tried it that way though.

Who tried the 2 ways: 12h/40h method and the 6 days method ?

Giangt
03-29-2012, 01:24 PM
Did you read the insctruction on the bottle ? It says to let it dry off naturaly for 12-40 hours depending on the environment or dry it with a hair dryer. On my bottle there's a red warning saying it needs to be dried off naturally in 12-40 hours. It is pretty confusing, they say to dry it with "hot wind" and also to let it dry naturally...! On the other hand, prott and ttnpp say to let it sit for 6 days.

Peronnally I think 6 days is a bit too much as after 3/4 days (I think..) the rubber doesn't change, it seems dry enough although pretty shiny and DAMN sticky, and the curl (for me) didn't flatten down.

I would say that it requires at least 48hrs of sitting, but 3 days would be better.. Haven't tried it that way though.

Who tried the 2 ways: 12h/40h method and the 6 days method ?

Chinese instructions translated to English are always funny to read! :) Here is the new sticker on the bottle from ttnpp.com

I think is a matter of opinion how long it should dry of and depending of the type of sponge/rubber.

As you can see my rubbers are starting to flatten after 3 days and I am thinking to give them a couple of days more to flatten out.

TTnPP.com recommends that you dry your rubbers for 6 days. I think this is in terms of chinese rubbers that are more reactive when using Dianchi Booster on them.

JustAlt
03-29-2012, 07:18 PM
You can use a hairdryer for GLUE, booster isn't supposed to dry but it soaks in to the sponge which takes time. Also the 6 day waiting is for letting the topsheet stretch to match the sponge and therefore the rubber flattens.

UpSideDownCarl
03-30-2012, 05:29 AM
The doming effect and the tension on the topsheet is what would give the a lot of the boosted effect. Why on earth would you want to wait till the rubbers are fully flat again? I would want to get those rubbers onto the blade as soon as I could. If you have that kind of doming those should play like they are very nicely boosted.

JustAlt
03-30-2012, 08:25 AM
With a very heavy dome you can't even glue the rubbers on a blade because they'll just peel off. They don't need to be fully flat, but flat enough for sticking them to a blade. + I'm not going to question the chinese boosting skills ;)

Giangt
03-30-2012, 08:44 AM
The doming effect and the tension on the topsheet is what would give the a lot of the boosted effect. Why on earth would you want to wait till the rubbers are fully flat again? I would want to get those rubbers onto the blade as soon as I could. If you have that kind of doming those should play like they are very nicely boosted.

Thanks for the info, but I already knew that :) As JustAlt stated the problem is that it is difficult to have a strong bonding between the blade and rubber without the rubber peeling off. So I am just waiting for the rubbers to get relatively flat (more domy than flat :) ) before sticking them on.

TTFrenzy
03-30-2012, 11:40 AM

so after 24 hours if i put the domed rubber under pressure (books) and it gets flat is it ok to use it ? i think it will be ok , cause the only problem caused from the dome is that it will not stick to the blade correctly . i will post some pictures afterwards

UpSideDownCarl
03-30-2012, 12:11 PM
So what would happen if you just used a little less boost and made it so the rubber domed to a point where you could still press it on the rubber? Rather than waiting all that time, it seems like you are just using too much boost. And I can think of several reasons why a manufacturer would want you to use more boost than you need to in their instructions. Can't you?

If, after a while you need more boost, you can just take off the rubber and add more boost. But putting the boost on, putting so much on that the rubber will keep curling off the blade so you have to wait for it to uncurl and then putting it on will waste your boost and your rubber.

When the sponge expands and the rubber is stretched, the rubber will play like it is boosted. When the effect wears off it is because the sponge has lost some of that expansion, or, the topsheet has stretched enough so there is not tension between the topsheet and the sponge any more. After boosting a certain number of times the rubber will stop having a boosted effect and the topsheet will start losing its grip from being overstretched. Then you have to buy new rubbers and you have used a lot of boost and need to buy more.

From a theoretical standpoint, if you use the right amount of boost you should be able to put the rubber onto the blade almost immediately.

From a theoretical standpoint, if you can put the rubber on the blade before the boost has fully expanded the sponge, it will keep expanding the sponge while on the blade and the blade will keep more of the boost from evaporating so the boost effect will continue to affect the sponge for longer and you will not need to reboost for a longer period.

From a theoretical standpoint, if you put so much boost on your sponge that your sponge expands to the point where you have to wait a week for it to uncurl to put it on your blade, then you are wasting chemicals you could otherwise use later, and prepping your topsheet to wear out quicker without getting the use of it. The rubber deteriorates and downgrades from the stretching. And if you just kept boosting a sponge and letting it return completely to flat over and over again, without ever playing the rubber, eventually, you would have a dead topsheet just from boosting without ever having played the sponge. Just like if you stretch a rubber band out to much and put it on something that keeps it at that length for a long time, you will end up with a dead floppy rubber band that does not stretch and recoil any more.

TTFrenzy
03-30-2012, 12:12 PM

i put 4 layers of dian chi in each rubber , 1st pic is after 1hour 2nd pic after 5 hours 3rd pic is after 24 hours

4rth pic is a trick i tried an it worked really fast ! In order to undome the rubber to get flat , i didnt put it under heavy books , but instead i wrapped it up very tightly with tape and formed the opposite dome...the forces applied are much more effective this way instead of putting the rubber under heavy books (encyclopedia etc) which applies vertical forces and not opposite ones .

I tried a small test to see how much speed i got in comparison with a normal H3 unbooster rubber . I let the ball bounce 10 times from 30 cm height and calculated the rebound height

boosted H3 -> rebound = 20 to 22 cm

unboosted H3 - > rebound = 10 to 12 cm

the blade was a timo boll alc

Giangt
03-30-2012, 01:41 PM
@ Carl Horowitz

I get your point and I am totally agreeing with. This is the first time I have tried to boost so I just followed the instructions from ttnpp.com. However I am familiar with the physics when using Booster, but didn't know how the rubbers would react.

But I am a little concerning about your second standpoint... If the bonding between the glue and rubber is stronger than the glue and blade, don't you think it would tear of the blade while expanding?

TTFrenzy
03-30-2012, 04:00 PM
So what would happen if you just used a little less boost and made it so the rubber domed to a point where you could still press it on the rubber? Rather than waiting all that time, it seems like you are just using too much boost. And I can think of several reasons why a manufacturer would want you to use more boost than you need to in their instructions. Can't you?

If, after a while you need more boost, you can just take off the rubber and add more boost. But putting the boost on, putting so much on that the rubber will keep curling off the blade so you have to wait for it to uncurl and then putting it on will waste your boost and your rubber.

When the sponge expands and the rubber is stretched, the rubber will play like it is boosted. When the effect wears off it is because the sponge has lost some of that expansion, or, the topsheet has stretched enough so there is not tension between the topsheet and the sponge any more. After boosting a certain number of times the rubber will stop having a boosted effect and the topsheet will start losing its grip from being overstretched. Then you have to buy new rubbers and you have used a lot of boost and need to buy more.

From a theoretical standpoint, if you use the right amount of boost you should be able to put the rubber onto the blade almost immediately.

From a theoretical standpoint, if you can put the rubber on the blade before the boost has fully expanded the sponge, it will keep expanding the sponge while on the blade and the blade will keep more of the boost from evaporating so the boost effect will continue to affect the sponge for longer and you will not need to reboost for a longer period.

From a theoretical standpoint, if you put so much boost on your sponge that your sponge expands to the point where you have to wait a week for it to uncurl to put it on your blade, then you are wasting chemicals you could otherwise use later, and prepping your topsheet to wear out quicker without getting the use of it. The rubber deteriorates and downgrades from the stretching. And if you just kept boosting a sponge and letting it return completely to flat over and over again, without ever playing the rubber, eventually, you would have a dead topsheet just from boosting without ever having played the sponge. Just like if you stretch a rubber band out to much and put it on something that keeps it at that length for a long time, you will end up with a dead floppy rubber band that does not stretch and recoil any more.

carl have you ever boosted with dian chi ? it is 130 ml approximately and the quantity used is so small that it can last for at least a year if you boost 20-30 rubbers a year . So i dont think the manufacturer gives those instructions just for earning more money . In the other hand theoretically you have a point . Is it worth it to wait 6 days ? I will make an experiment with 2 H3 rubbers and check the results of the speed added

1st hurricane will be boosted until all the boost is soaked up (1 day apporoximately) and then stretched at the opposite direction in order to be easy to stick to the blade

2nd huricane will be boosted with the manufacturer manual (6 day waiting)

Then i will test their speed and compare . The key factor is speed / durability and off course the money that a player is willing to spend in order to have the best result . So no matter which rubber will be better in terms of speed its still a relevant issue , bcoz some users may have money to spend , and others dont . Anyway your questions are very logic and i think our tests will help many users

TTFrenzy
03-30-2012, 04:02 PM
@ Carl Horowitz

I get your point and I am totally agreeing with. This is the first time I have tried to boost so I just followed the instructions from ttnpp.com. However I am familiar with the physics when using Booster, but didn't know how the rubbers would react.

But I am a little concerning about your second standpoint... If the bonding between the glue and rubber is stronger than the glue and blade, don't you think it would tear of the blade while expanding?

i totally agree my friend , it is 100 % certain that it would tear of if we put more booster than needed . The question is , does this quantity of booster (which does not allow the rubber to tear of the blade) is enough for the needed speed that a player wants...i ll do my experiments and inform you

UpSideDownCarl
03-30-2012, 06:34 PM
@ Carl Horowitz

Ultimately, the idea would be to put the right amount of booster on so that you get the desired effect. It looks like this booster is powerful enough so that you don't really need that much. But with other boosters that I have used, I have put the rubber on to my blade before it fully expanded and it was fine. I only realized that it had not fully expanded when I took the rubber off a few days later and then it instantly expanded more. And the times I have done what I said, where you boost and then put the rubber on as soon as you can, the effect from the boost seems to last longer and work really nicely. Once I get a rubber to stay on a blade, I have never had it come off because of the booster. If it came off it was because of the glue or something with the rubber.

But this booster looks pretty powerful. I actually think it is worth trying.

You know it is against the rules to use something that has that effect on your rubbers though, right? I don't care. I play for fun. So a well boosted rubber makes playing more fun for me. :)

UpSideDownCarl
03-30-2012, 06:37 PM
carl have you ever boosted with dian chi ? it is 130 ml approximately and the quantity used is so small that it can last for at least a year if you boost 20-30 rubbers a year . So i dont think the manufacturer gives those instructions just for earning more money . In the other hand theoretically you have a point . Is it worth it to wait 6 days ? I will make an experiment with 2 H3 rubbers and check the results of the speed added

1st hurricane will be boosted until all the boost is soaked up (1 day apporoximately) and then stretched at the opposite direction in order to be easy to stick to the blade

2nd huricane will be boosted with the manufacturer manual (6 day waiting)

Then i will test their speed and compare . The key factor is speed / durability and off course the money that a player is willing to spend in order to have the best result . So no matter which rubber will be better in terms of speed its still a relevant issue , bcoz some users may have money to spend , and others dont . Anyway your questions are very logic and i think our tests will help many users

That will be a good experiment. I am looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Trinita
03-31-2012, 02:14 AM
When I boosted my rubber (4 layers) it curled up like hell, I've waited 7 or 8 days, but it barely flatten down after that time. I've just glued it to the blade, it was already playble, but I prefered to let it sit under a few dictionnaries ;)

So I guess 6 days is really the most you want to wait before you can glue it. In my opinion, the rubber is ready after 12 to 40h but it has to be compared to the 6 days method.

I don't really see the whole CNT (not just the Fab Five) preparing a their H3's on their shelves 6 days in advance... and calculating 6 days in advance to boost their sheets in order to have one ready when needed... I think they boost the new rubber (they change them every week or so if I'm not mistaken) one or two days before it's ready to play :p

JustAlt
03-31-2012, 06:37 AM
When I boosted my rubber (4 layers) it curled up like hell, I've waited 7 or 8 days, but it barely flatten down after that time. I've just glued it to the blade, it was already playble, but I prefered to let it sit under a few dictionnaries ;)

So I guess 6 days is really the most you want to wait before you can glue it. In my opinion, the rubber is ready after 12 to 40h but it has to be compared to the 6 days method.

I don't really see the whole CNT (not just the Fab Five) preparing a their H3's on their shelves 6 days in advance... and calculating 6 days in advance to boost their sheets in order to have one ready when needed... I think they boost the new rubber (they change them every week or so if I'm not mistaken) one or two days before it's ready to play :p

They get the rubbers boosted from the factory according to every players personal preference. And I don't think they use their forehand rubbers so long that it would need re-boosting(they get 20 fh rubbers per month in A-team). In that "Day with Xu Xin" video he said he changes his bh every seventh(? not sure if I remember correctly) and re-glues in the middle of the period, probably not reboosting though but just to ensure the bond between rubber and blade as the rubber is boosted and may be curling away and such.

UpSideDownCarl
03-31-2012, 06:54 AM

I wonder what would happen with one or two layers.

It would be fun to really know what the Chinese team does but, I guess we cannot, because, if they do boost the rubbers after they come from the factory, it is against the rules. :)

Trinita
03-31-2012, 12:13 PM
They get the rubbers boosted from the factory according to every players personal preference. And I don't think they use their forehand rubbers so long that it would need re-boosting(they get 20 fh rubbers per month in A-team). In that "Day with Xu Xin" video he said he changes his bh every seventh(? not sure if I remember correctly) and re-glues in the middle of the period, probably not reboosting though but just to ensure the bond between rubber and blade as the rubber is boosted and may be curling away and such.

Hi JustAlt,

I think it is very naive from you to think that the CNT play with factory tuned rubbers! They Dianchi or Haifu boost their sheets every time thy need to replace one. There is NO mistery about that. There is even a video where you can see Wang Liqin and Ma Lin boosting their sheets with Haifu oil. Also I don't think you can believe what Xu Xin says in the Stiga videos. For exemple he definitely doesn't use Stiga's rubber last time I checked. Stiga use his notoriety to promote the brand because he was already, from personnal choice, using a Stiga Rosewood.

Trinita
03-31-2012, 12:52 PM
I wonder what would happen with one or two layers.

It would be fun to really know what the Chinese team does but, I guess we cannot, because, if they do boost the rubbers after they come from the factory, it is against the rules. :)

Personnaly I don't give a crap about rules like that. The ITTF doesn't even have the respect for its own set of rules, it doesn't give a damn about sport traditions. They proved that when they changed the size of the ball so it could more easily be seen on a TV screen, shortened the sets to be able to feed us more commercials beetwen games and avoid dumb people getting bored with the three sets in 21 points system, and skipping to another channel. The changing from speed glue to tensor rubbers is ONLY economical. It was made to make a lot of $. The health problem from speed was only the fake reason for this huge change. It's not cyanide gas so it's not lethal, it sure can cause health troubles on a a daily use over a whole life periode if VOC are deeply breathed. They didn't care about TT players lungs health. A bottle of speed glue was very cheep and could last for a long time. Now a sheet of Tenergy costs 57 euros and lasts one month max for a pro. Even though pros don't pay their rubbers, Butterfly make it's dough from non-professional players like us that either want to use the same set ups as their favourite players or just use it because marketing did what was to be done to make this rubber successful.

Don't fool yourselves. Most pros boost their rubbers. Some say they don't (Gauzy, Ovtcharov, you can read the interviews on this site), it is probably true because for ex Dima uses a very fast tensor rubber on a very fast carbon blade so no need for boosting. Others do but won't say it publicly. But every player who uses a chinese type of rubber HAS to boost it in order to be able to compete against tensor rubbers.

Btw, with one or two layers it will have the same effect as 4 but will be less softer and less faster.
Next time I boost I will try 2/3 layers only but on a 39° sponge instead of a 38°. I found it to be too soft after boosting.
The CNT does probably what's on the prott site (the guy behind prott is a former provincial team member, or was, so he knows about that). Maybe they use even more layers... :p

JustAlt
03-31-2012, 01:58 PM
Hi JustAlt,

I think it is very naive from you to think that the CNT play with factory tuned rubbers! They Dianchi or Haifu boost their sheets every time thy need to replace one. There is NO mistery about that. There is even a video where you can see Wang Liqin and Ma Lin boosting their sheets with Haifu oil. Also I don't think you can believe what Xu Xin says in the Stiga videos. For exemple he definitely doesn't use Stiga's rubber last time I checked. Stiga use his notoriety to promote the brand because he was already, from personnal choice, using a Stiga Rosewood.

I was just referring to the question about the players waiting for 6 days after tuning their rubbers. They don't need to, if they don't boost the rubbers theirselves. And even their blades are personally made and customized for them, so why not the rubbers? Why would they need to boost themself if it's done for them by their requirements and they only use the rubber for a couple of days?

leedeyuan2
03-31-2012, 02:09 PM
what i think that the way CNT boost their rubbers and they way we boost our rubber is completely different. i am quite certain that CNT have their so called"secrets in boosting a rubber", y wont they want the factory to tune it for them when they themselves can boost their rubbers in a way no one else in the public does?

Giangt
04-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Finished Boosting my Hurricanes 3 :-) Here are the pic's of the process
Start
First layer
Sencond layer
Third layer
Fourth layer

Giangt
04-02-2012, 02:59 PM
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6

Giangt
04-02-2012, 03:03 PM
Here is the finished product

2175 2176

It wasn't difficult at all to glue the blade and rubber together, while the rubbers still were curly as you can see in the pictures. Now it is just time for trying them out :-)

Trinita
04-13-2012, 01:33 AM
So.., nobody yet shortened the waiting to 3 days w/ Dianchi ? :rolleyes:

I'm just boosting a new sheet of Provincial Neo 39° 2.10.. I sure ain't gonna like waitin 6 whole days again..

SPQR
04-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Hi guys, I've been reading this interesting thread and I have a long experience in boosting rubbers.
This Dian Chi Booster seems to work fine but unless you have racket control by mini-rae machine it isn't just worth buying it.
Dian Chi is really expensive and you can get the same, or even better boosting result with Paraffinum Liquidum (Baby oil too) and latex with much less money!

kossmo
04-13-2012, 07:04 PM
How do you use latex for tuning?
Hi guys, I've been reading this interesting thread and I have a long experience in boosting rubbers.
This Dian Chi Booster seems to work fine but unless you have racket control by mini-rae machine it isn't just worth buying it.
Dian Chi is really expensive and you can get the same, or even better boosting result with Paraffinum Liquidum (Baby oil too) and latex with much less money!

UpSideDownCarl
04-13-2012, 07:05 PM
Personnaly I don't give a crap about rules like that. The ITTF doesn't even have the respect for its own set of rules, it doesn't give a damn about sport traditions. They proved that when they changed the size of the ball so it could more easily be seen on a TV screen, shortened the sets to be able to feed us more commercials beetwen games and avoid dumb people getting bored with the three sets in 21 points system, and skipping to another channel. The changing from speed glue to tensor rubbers is ONLY economical. It was made to make a lot of $. The health problem from speed was only the fake reason for this huge change. It's not cyanide gas so it's not lethal, it sure can cause health troubles on a a daily use over a whole life periode if VOC are deeply breathed. They didn't care about TT players lungs health. A bottle of speed glue was very cheep and could last for a long time. Now a sheet of Tenergy costs 57 euros and lasts one month max for a pro. Even though pros don't pay their rubbers, Butterfly make it's dough from non-professional players like us that either want to use the same set ups as their favourite players or just use it because marketing did what was to be done to make this rubber successful.

Don't fool yourselves. Most pros boost their rubbers. Some say they don't (Gauzy, Ovtcharov, you can read the interviews on this site), it is probably true because for ex Dima uses a very fast tensor rubber on a very fast carbon blade so no need for boosting. Others do but won't say it publicly. But every player who uses a chinese type of rubber HAS to boost it in order to be able to compete against tensor rubbers.

Btw, with one or two layers it will have the same effect as 4 but will be less softer and less faster.
Next time I boost I will try 2/3 layers only but on a 39° sponge instead of a 38°. I found it to be too soft after boosting.
The CNT does probably what's on the prott site (the guy behind prott is a former provincial team member, or was, so he knows about that). Maybe they use even more layers... :p

I think you misunderstood my post and what I meant. I know all the pros boost. I have nothing against boosting. I think the rules are stupid. I think that the proof that it is not about health is that, safe materials that will boost a rubber with no health concerns are still against the rules.

But, a pro cannot advertise the specifics of how he is boosting because boosting is against the rules so if he was public about how he boosts rubbers, the pro would get in trouble. Even though ITTF does not seem to be doing anything about these rules a pro cannot go around showing everyone how they boost. Do you remember those videos of Persson and Waldner showing how to speed glue? And Persson sitting on his blade to make the rubber stick and talking about how he liked to do that. They couldn't do that without getting harassed and disqualified from tournaments these days. So I said:

Because I would like to know how they boost: how much they put on, how long they wait before they put the boosted rubber on their blades, what products they use specifically to boost, if certain pros use more boost than others. I would be particularly interested in what a player using DHS Hurricane or Skyline on the forehand and Tenergy 05 or 64 on the backhand does for each rubber.

So, again, it would be fun to really know what the Chinese team actually does. Because we all know they boost, but we do not know exactly how each different pro does it.

UpSideDownCarl
04-13-2012, 07:09 PM

I'm just boosting a new sheet of Provincial Neo 39° 2.10.. I sure ain't gonna like waitin 6 whole days again..

I am interested to hear how it goes. I want to see what would happen if it was put on same day or next day. That is what I am really interested in.

SPQR
04-13-2012, 07:59 PM
How do you use latex for tuning?

You can use latex instead of the much more expensive "water glue", which is nothing but watered down latex with little adhesive.
Latex remains soft and springy a long time and a few layers can make your set-up faster.

If you don't have mini-rae control just use baby oil or paraffinum liquidum to boost the rubber, then 4/5 layers of latex on the sponge and a couple on the blade to glue it.
With less then 20 euros (1L of oil= 4€ , 1L of Latex= 12€) you get a great booster

SPQR
04-13-2012, 08:12 PM

Does Dian Chi have some sort of "fruity smell"?

TTFrenzy
04-13-2012, 11:05 PM

everything in table tennis is expensive in terms of cost . dian chi is a good booster because you dont have to peel of the water glue layer every time you boost and it lasts very long (3 weeks to 1 month) parrafin oil lasts about a week , so buying a booster like dian chi that you can keep it for a year isnt a bad economical choice imo...

UpSideDownCarl
04-14-2012, 01:31 AM
everything in table tennis is expensive in terms of cost . dian chi is a good booster because you dont have to peel of the water glue layer every time you boost and it lasts very long (3 weeks to 1 month) parrafin oil lasts about a week , so buying a booster like dian chi that you can keep it for a year isnt a bad economical choice imo...

Do you know if you can use Dian Chi booster with the old kind of glue or rubber cement that has VOCs in it?

TTFrenzy
04-14-2012, 01:56 AM
Do you know if you can use Dian Chi booster with the old kind of glue or rubber cement that has VOCs in it?

yes of course you can , i have boosted with dian chi , and then a thin layer of speed glue , results were awesome ! what a booster does actually is that it expands the sponge , the topsheet slowly stretches to match the sponge expansion and thus the ball bounces faster due to the tension of the topsheet

UpSideDownCarl
04-14-2012, 02:07 AM
yes of course you can , i have boosted with dian chi , and then a thin layer of speed glue , results were awesome ! what a booster does actually is that it expands the sponge , the topsheet slowly stretches to match the sponge expansion and thus the ball bounces faster due to the tension of the topsheet

Cool. That is what I thought but, I am glad to hear from someone who has done it. I don't like water based glue. :)

SPQR
04-14-2012, 08:02 AM

Paraffin oil effect lasts much longer then one week and you can use it without peeling off latex (glue) too.
Try baby oil, it works just great and top players would still use it but for mini-rae control.
Can you please tell me if Dian Chi has some sort or fruity smell? tnx

I'm graduating in chemical-materials engineering and I know what I'm talking about.

judah000
04-14-2012, 08:56 AM
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6

WOW. But where did u buy that?

Giangt
04-14-2012, 09:36 AM
Does Dian Chi have some sort of "fruity smell"?

Don't think it has a fruity smell, more like oilish IMO.

Giangt
04-14-2012, 09:37 AM
@Judah000: The rubber or Booster? ;)

jmillsy2
04-14-2012, 11:11 AM
Don't think it has a fruity smell, more like oilish IMO.

My friend bought dian chi glue & booster when in hungary- i didnt smell the booster, but the glue was disgusting and i was about 1 metre away! my frind smelt it and sid it shot up his nostrils it smells disgusting! mind you, a new sheet of h3 aint too pretty either!
I wonder if the defenders like Joo have ever boosted? He speed glued so maybe he boosts too? boosting long pimps must be nightmarish and playing with them i cant imagine! apparently the ittf have agreed at th agm that they are going to try and find a way of detecting boosters and implement it as soon as possible can anyone confirm this? I know one of the delegates and he told me this so it must be true?

TTFrenzy
04-14-2012, 06:42 PM
Paraffin oil effect lasts much longer then one week and you can use it without peeling off latex (glue) too.
Try baby oil, it works just great and top players would still use it but for mini-rae control.
Can you please tell me if Dian Chi has some sort or fruity smell? tnx

I'm graduating in chemical-materials engineering and I know what I'm talking about.

sorry but for my personal playing standars paraffin oil doesnt last as much as i need it to , after 1 week tension in the topsheet isnt that good compared to dian chi

i didnt quite understand ur phrase about mini rae control . we all know that top players boost but we dont know with what...dian chi is undetectable , and even some certain speed glues cannot be detected . a funny situation when i tested my speed glued bat with an ITTF machine , and it didnt detect anything !

p.s. u dont need to buy speed glue , just buy benzine oil based glue or petroleum oil based or even fish glue

hej123
04-15-2012, 09:55 AM
Will the rubber be faster worn when you use booster?

TTFrenzy
04-15-2012, 08:49 PM
Will the rubber be faster worn when you use booster?

yes due to the forced tension of the topsheet boosted rubbers tend to lose the ability to spin the ball over time . chinese rubbers last very long though , even when boosted , im boosting for 3 consecutive months a hurricane3 blue sponge rubber and the loss of spin is insignificant

Trinita
04-23-2012, 10:21 PM
What surprises me is that there is nothing written about REBOOSTING with Dian Chi.. TTNPP says no need to peel off the old layers and put 1 layers of booster then wait for 1 night.
Sorry but when I take off the rubber, the old layers are pretty messy, I just did, and half of the dried dianchi layers stayed on the blade, I figured I couldn't manage to reboost on that sh*t. So I peeled it off. Now what ?

I'm puting 3 layers of Free Chack and then I'll put 1 layer of dian chi, and wait for the night.. I hope it'll work fine. What do you think ??

Actually I messed the first boosting last week, I didn't put enough thick layers of booster, so the effect disappeared almost completely within a week.

TTFrenzy
04-24-2012, 10:33 PM
What surprises me is that there is nothing written about REBOOSTING with Dian Chi.. TTNPP says no need to peel off the old layers and put 1 layers of booster then wait for 1 night.
Sorry but when I take off the rubber, the old layers are pretty messy, I just did, and half of the dried dianchi layers stayed on the blade, I figured I couldn't manage to reboost on that sh*t. So I peeled it off. Now what ?

I'm puting 3 layers of Free Chack and then I'll put 1 layer of dian chi, and wait for the night.. I hope it'll work fine. What do you think ??

Actually I messed the first boosting last week, I didn't put enough thick layers of booster, so the effect disappeared almost completely within a week.

it doesnt matter whether you put dian chi after water glue or directly to the sponge !

TTFrenzy
04-25-2012, 12:01 AM
I have finally finished my experiment !

I tried to stick a boosted rubber on the 4th day and i managed it ! (it needed 6 tomes of encyclopedia though) . In day 3 it was impossible to stick , even with books so i waited one more day

so after i sticked one 6day rubber and one 4day the results in boosting effect are below

I let a ball bounce from a 30 cm height for about 15-20 times and counted the results

boosted H3 neo 4 days , most common rebound height = 17 to 18 cm , max rebound height = 19.5 cm

boosted H3 neo 6 fays , results are exactly the same.

Afterwards i went on playing the rubbers on my training center (they were stuck to the same blade) . I didnt notice any difference , both of them were playing very good and with the expected speed...so after all that jibberish now you know that it doesnt make a any difference if you stick the rubber earlier than the 6 day instructions provided from ttnpp , its only very difficult to stick them before day 4 !

Trinita
04-25-2012, 02:30 AM
I have finally finished my experiment !

I tried to stick a boosted rubber on the 4th day and i managed it ! (it needed 6 tomes of encyclopedia though) . In day 3 it was impossible to stick , even with books so i waited one more day

so after i sticked one 6day rubber and one 4day the results in boosting effect are below

I let a ball bounce from a 30 cm height for about 15-20 times and counted the results

boosted H3 neo 4 days , most common rebound height = 17 to 18 cm , max rebound height = 19.5 cm

boosted H3 neo 6 fays , results are exactly the same.

Afterwards i went on playing the rubbers on my training center (they were stuck to the same blade) . I didnt notice any difference , both of them were playing very good and with the expected speed...so after all that jibberish now you know that it doesnt make a any difference if you stick the rubber earlier than the 6 day instructions provided from ttnpp , its only very difficult to stick them before day 4 !

Actually it's been on Prott since a month or so: the first time you boost, you can wait 3 days (minimum). It's not 6 anymore.

Trinita
04-25-2012, 02:36 AM
it doesnt matter whether you put dian chi after water glue or directly to the sponge !

Hum... Yes it does matter. Why are we supposed to lay 3 layers of WBG before Dianchi the first time you boost ? To prevent the strong boost to suck into the sponge to quickly and 'burn' the top-sheet.

Anyways, I glued it back on my TBS, and it worked fine, the sponge enlarged a lot though, I had to cut it.

Don't hesitate guys to write about your reboosting expermiments. How many times do you reboost your H3? How many times do you leave the old layers on the sponge ? Personally I think you can remove the old layer on 1st reboost if it's a bit messed up, just put some WBG glue before applying dianchi, and your good to go.

TTFrenzy
04-25-2012, 11:38 AM
Hum... Yes it does matter. Why are we supposed to lay 3 layers of WBG before Dianchi the first time you boost ? To prevent the strong boost to suck into the sponge to quickly and 'burn' the top-sheet.

Anyways, I glued it back on my TBS, and it worked fine, the sponge enlarged a lot though, I had to cut it.

Don't hesitate guys to write about your reboosting expermiments. How many times do you reboost your H3? How many times do you leave the old layers on the sponge ? Personally I think you can remove the old layer on 1st reboost if it's a bit messed up, just put some WBG glue before applying dianchi, and your good to go.

dude im talking when u reboost. not the first time when you put 4 layers :) when you reboost u just need a thin layer of dian chi so it doesnt matter if the sponge has water glue on it or not . anyway the whole thing is meaningless , everybody when reboosting peels of the old layer of glue , then glue again and then reboost so it doesnt really matter .

TTFrenzy
04-25-2012, 11:46 AM
Actually it's been on Prott since a month or so: the first time you boost, you can wait 3 days (minimum). It's not 6 anymore.

yes but the difference is prott.cc recommends 3 layers of dian chi and ttnpp recommends 4 layers . its all up to the user , if you want really strong effect u should put 4 layers . with 4 layers i managed to stick it onto the blade in 4 days . Layers are just a restriction so that the rubber wont get bigger than the 4mm regulation . more booster = more sponge expansion= more topsheet tension

judah000
04-25-2012, 11:49 AM
@Judah000: The rubber or Booster? ;)

sorry, Both :D

TTFrenzy
04-25-2012, 11:56 AM
sorry, Both :D

hurricane 3 neo can be purchases at many sites. h3 blue sponge and dian chi booster can be found at www.ttnpp.com

Trinita
04-25-2012, 12:35 PM
dude im talking when u reboost. not the first time when you put 4 layers :) when you reboost u just need a thin layer of dian chi so it doesnt matter if the sponge has water glue on it or not . anyway the whole thing is meaningless , everybody when reboosting peels of the old layer of glue , then glue again and then reboost so it doesnt really matter .

Ok, so did you reboost your H3N with just Dianchi on the bare sponge ? What happened ?

Giangt
04-25-2012, 01:08 PM
After playing approx 1 month I re-boosted my H3 BS with one layer of Dianchi without removing the old layer of glue and it domed perfectly after 1 hour. Applied one layer of WBG on my blade and attached blade and rubber together. Had to cut the rubber due to expansion :)

TTFrenzy
04-25-2012, 04:55 PM
Ok, so did you reboost your H3N with just Dianchi on the bare sponge ? What happened ?

the rubber curled normally and afterwards iu glued both the rubber and the blade , stick em together and played with no problems ! didnt notice anything bad at my topsheet ! the layer was so thin that it was impossible to reach the topsheet :D

Trinita
04-26-2012, 02:36 AM
the rubber curled normally and afterwards iu glued both the rubber and the blade , stick em together and played with no problems ! didnt notice anything bad at my topsheet ! the layer was so thin that it was impossible to reach the topsheet :D

Okay! Pretty interesting! How thin do you mean ? Did you press at the max the brush inside the top of the dianchi bottle, to press out the excess of booster ? I figure the layer was nothing like the layers you've put on the 1st boost, right ?

What about the playing effects: did you get back the EXACT same sensation as a newly first-time boosted H3 rubber ?...

Thanks

TTFrenzy
04-26-2012, 11:23 PM
Okay! Pretty interesting! How thin do you mean ? Did you press at the max the brush inside the top of the dianchi bottle, to press out the excess of booster ? I figure the layer was nothing like the layers you've put on the 1st boost, right ?

What about the playing effects: did you get back the EXACT same sensation as a newly first-time boosted H3 rubber ?...

Thanks

yes man i got back the exact same results ! hmmm my perception of a thin layer is , getting the brush full into the bottle and then letting the oil start dripping of the brush until a really small drop is formed under the "hair" of the brush , and that little drop doesnt fall off :) anyway i dont think putting a little more or a little less has a big difference , the key in good boosting is spreading the booster evenly . If you spread it evenly the sponge expands evenly and then you have "symmetrical" tension on the topsheet . If you dont spread evenly then some spots of the topsheet will be tensed more and others less , and we dont want that do we ? :PP

Trinita
04-27-2012, 12:26 PM
yes man i got back the exact same results ! hmmm my perception of a thin layer is , getting the brush full into the bottle and then letting the oil start dripping of the brush until a really small drop is formed under the "hair" of the brush , and that little drop doesnt fall off :) anyway i dont think putting a little more or a little less has a big difference , the key in good boosting is spreading the booster evenly . If you spread it evenly the sponge expands evenly and then you have "symmetrical" tension on the topsheet . If you dont spread evenly then some spots of the topsheet will be tensed more and others less , and we dont want that do we ? :PP

Alright! That's what I call (re)boosting tips :p Next time I'm gonna try this method out!
That's weird that more people didn't (yet?) come to this sort of conclusions about boosting and reboosting. Probably the Dianchi booster is still new in the TT world.. and most of them stick to the ttnpp/prott instructions: leaving the old glue layer and reboosting on top of it.

decoy
06-05-2012, 02:20 AM
anyone tried this on Focus 3 Snipe? or Sriver /fx?

Wiseman
06-12-2012, 08:30 AM
Have boost my Calibra and my bh shortpips with D-oil, wow what amazing stuff.
Have chanced my off+ blade to allround blade and its working better now. Only negative thing is that Calibra topsheet doesnt hold long, like 4-5 weeks maximum.
Increase spin, controll and catapult effect.
Have tried to Xiom too but i couldnt get same effect like Calibra.

say_lapata_plz
06-12-2012, 01:17 PM
anyone tried this on Focus 3 Snipe? or Sriver /fx?

I tried dianchi on sriver max, result was very close to speed gluing effect (good sound, speed an spin). I think booster will work very good with all speed gluing era hard and medium density rubbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

decoy
06-13-2012, 04:00 AM
what about super soft. and medium/slow rubbers like Focus 3 snipe

Choolee
06-14-2012, 01:16 PM
anyone tried it on a Thibar Genius ?

decoy
06-14-2012, 02:14 PM
actually did the TG3 Blues sponge happen like it was promised :P

janetang
08-31-2012, 06:00 AM
lol, thanks. i checked the prices online, some were about 10 yuan and one was 315 yuan... i was confused so i asked...

Hi, Josh4209211.

One of my chinese friends told me that, the price range of Hurricane 3 rubbers in DHS Tmall( China ebay) official Store is from 130 RMB to 500RMB, and I also find some hurricane 3 rubbers in Tmall english agent as follow:
http://www.buychina.com/products/4420371731 US $22.71
http://www.buychina.com/products/17163892044 US $84.84
http://www.buychina.com/products/10785987607 US $84.84

and DHS Tmall official store is this one:
http://hongshuangxi.tmall.com

The price are quite competitive. and after communicate with the service from english DHS agent:Buychina.com online, they told

me that the price difference is from the material.
The one at USD $84.84 is made from higher Quality Elastic Sponge and used for national team. that named "national rubber", "国套“ in chinese.

decoy
08-31-2012, 05:42 PM
Hi, Josh4209211.

One of my chinese friends told me that, the price range of Hurricane 3 rubbers in DHS Tmall( China ebay) official Store is from 130 RMB to 500RMB, and I also find some hurricane 3 rubbers in Tmall english agent as follow:
http://www.buychina.com/products/4420371731 US $22.71
http://www.buychina.com/products/17163892044 US $84.84
http://www.buychina.com/products/10785987607 US $84.84

and DHS Tmall official store is this one:
http://hongshuangxi.tmall.com

The price are quite competitive. and after communicate with the service from english DHS agent:Buychina.com online, they told

me that the price difference is from the material.
The one at USD $84.84 is made from higher Quality Elastic Sponge and used for national team. that named "national rubber", "国套“ in chinese.

25 dollar for H3 ..... hardly competitive

Mr. RicharD
09-01-2012, 04:47 PM
It is very competitive if it is provincial 39 or 40 sponge. Those typically go for 40-60 depending on availability.

decoy
09-01-2012, 06:04 PM
more liek 24-28 :P

apart from this http://www.eacheng.net/index.php?act=detail&ID=3415 :P

Wang
12-27-2012, 02:28 AM
Why is it necessary apply water based glue before boosting? Does it change anything? And why so much layers of glue?

XIII
12-27-2012, 03:10 AM
Why is it necessary apply water based glue before boosting? Does it change anything? And why so much layers of glue?
Layers will give it a longer effect. I think.