Rhyzer 48 x Omega VII Tour

This user has no status.
I use Rhyzer 48 (max) with an all wood ayous/limba blade (Stiga Infinity). So far I like it (2 months or so of playing with it). Some people complain about it being too fast, but I assume those are people with stiffer and faster blades. It's my favorite tensor rubber for looping backspin. I feel like that's its biggest strength for me (also amazing for smashing). Counter looping is good, blocking is decent. Biggest negative is touch play and trying to push short. I had to spend some extra training sessions to improve my touch play so that I could deal with the bouncyness. It's a rubber that is suitable for Euro style looping where you hit through the sponge hard. If you are used to brush looping with tacky rubber, then you will hate using Rhyzer 48.

I only use it on forehand. (I've got Rhyzer 43 on backhand).

Omega VII Tour has a much harder sponge (54 degrees I think). Omega Pro might be a better comparison. Or maybe compare Rhyzer 50 to Omega Tour.

Also, take a look a Yogi_Bear's thorough review of Rhyzer48/43.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I use Rhyzer 48 (max) with an all wood ayous/limba blade (Stiga Infinity). So far I like it (2 months or so of playing with it). Some people complain about it being too fast, but I assume those are people with stiffer and faster blades. It's my favorite tensor rubber for looping backspin. I feel like that's its biggest strength for me (also amazing for smashing). Counter looping is good, blocking is decent. Biggest negative is touch play and trying to push short. I had to spend some extra training sessions to improve my touch play so that I could deal with the bouncyness. It's a rubber that is suitable for Euro style looping where you hit through the sponge hard. If you are used to brush looping with tacky rubber, then you will hate using Rhyzer 48.

I only use it on forehand. (I've got Rhyzer 43 on backhand).

Omega VII Tour has a much harder sponge (54 degrees I think). Omega Pro might be a better comparison. Or maybe compare Rhyzer 50 to Omega Tour.

Also, take a look a Yogi_Bear's thorough review of Rhyzer48/43.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, BryanY! Much appreciated.

Reactions: BryanY
Short game, o7t has better control because of the hard sponge. Using limba outer ply as an example is not enough. It really goes with the overall stiffness of the blade.

QUOTE=Renan Angelici;273198]And which one do you think would be a better match for an limba outer ply blade? Also, regarding spin and short game, how would you rate the two?[/QUOTE]