I want to be Harimoto, no wait, I want to be Koki Niwa

This user has no status.
First rule of EJ is to never buy multiple blades at the same time, so I did exactly that. Went to Paris and had Tabletennis11 put together the new Koki Niwa with Victas 15 Extra. Waiting for me at home was the new Butterfly Harimoto Tomokazu with T05’s.

Two high-end blades with top rubber. Me, a clueless amateur. Testing both blades back to back versus Amicus Prime revealed, surprisingly, that I felt better using the Victas set-up rather than the Butterfly Innerforce ALC experience that I am otherwise used to. The ball seemed to sink nice and deep and get hurled back at the robot using the V-15 rubbers. I am sure some of that juicy deep grip can be attributed to the rubber thickness of 2mm rather than the safer T05 1.7mm thickness. Top spins had a bit of a higher arc and I felt confident and cheeky using the Victas blade.

However, going back to play the usual crew at work I found I had no control using Koki in a real world scenario. Balls flying everywhere - again, I should probably not post my hurried observations on a forum before getting used to my equipment but here we are.

Now in my frenzied confusion I got myself a second Koki Niwa and adorned it with Dignics 1.9 on both sides. I have yet to try this murderous thing out against my mates but it feels good, seems a little more direct and has a nice and crisp sound.

EJing is a wonderful thing.

Harimoto + Tenergy 05 (1.7): 183g
Koki Niwa + V15 Extra (2): 186g
Koki Niwa + Dignics 05 (1.9): 175g (87g without rubbers)

efbafc8ff9cbeecdb7319b0658e7c673.jpg

0048ec7ba055f8fc3cf8657e07040986.jpg

c5292103d03e90d6c20d9eab65b5daff.jpg

62fa287d764f571d001e51ac9479c81f.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Giangt and Tadeiro
This user has no status.
Holy molly, for playing at work, that's EJ dedication of the highest order. Beautiful pictures, and props to the TT11 boutique in Paris. I wouldn't mind a hit with the Niwa setup myself, but I feel these things are better left untouched and marvelled about - as in, one day, Excalibur, thou shalt be mine.

We are very serious at work! If you ever come to London feel free to pop by and try out the kit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ioiettino
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
koki niwa is a very evil man......
once I bought a "butterfly amultart" with "tenergy 25" on fh and "tenergy 05" on the bh just to copy his setup.
clearly I didn't become world class just because I copied his setup though :rolleyes:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
once I bought a "butterfly amultart" with "tenergy 25" on fh and "tenergy 05" on the bh just to copy his setup.
clearly I didn't become world class just because I copied his setup though :rolleyes:

Wait a minute... when was koki using an amultart?

This user has no status.

I immediately felt 15 years old and became ranked 4th in the world in a matter of days. It really works!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Read 1 reviews
If you want to be like Koki Niwa, you should probably play the blade he actually plays, Koki Niwa Wood, not the 2 ALC layer one.