Pro boosting

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Without knowing for sure I believe at least Ma Long gets his rubbers already boosted from DHS. The tv show host who visited him at his home went through his suitcase and his rubbers came neatly packaged in a plastic container. He could surely have put them there himself but also look how surgically cut the rubbers of all CNT players are done, I honestly find it hard to believe they cut all those rubbers by themselves that nicely. It's done at DHS, that's my belief.

ahh ok but for a 2.1 im just curious to try it out one day on how many layers they put on im only using like 3 or less

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
There are pictures online of them cutting themselves... Don't forget that they probably cut two rubbers a week and have done so for 10+ years. You'd get pretty good at cutting rubbers after a thousand times!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Maybe so, I've never seen Ma Long do it himself though, only Xu Xin.

There are pictures online of them cutting themselves... Don't forget that they probably cut two rubbers a week and have done so for 10+ years. You'd get pretty good at cutting rubbers after a thousand times!

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
As adviced by prott.vip

prott_boosting_2.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think how many layers they use depends a bit on how hard/soft rubber they want.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I don’t think you can put more than 4 layers.The rubber will be too curled I guess.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
[size=+2]WELCOME TO A GLUING ROOM.[/size]
Some interesting idea has now cropped up within ITTF EQ, that players should do all the gluing works in one assigned place only. All the rubbers should be inside standard, sealed envelope, as it comes from manufactory.

This user has no status.
[SIZE=+2]WELCOME TO A GLUING ROOM.[/SIZE]
Some interesting idea has now cropped up within ITTF EQ, that players should do all the gluing works in one assigned place only. All the rubbers should be inside standard, sealed envelope, as it comes from manufactory.

This wouldn't stop Chinese players from boosting, considering DHS makes personalized rubbers for them and could boost them before packaging. ITTF rules prohibits boosting done by players, however it does not say anything about factory tuning. I always thought this is kinda ridiculous. If a national association has the resources to get a factory to do boosting for its players, then you can effectively circumvent this rule.

Reactions: FIXPOINT