Dimitrij Ovtcharov being banned for 2 years from doping.... your thoughts on this?

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I don't want him to be banned, he's a unique player and I believe him!
I hope the hair tests of Boll&Co will prove his innocence!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
i don't want him to be banned because he is just another player that can do some work and damage to the chinese possibly.

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
europe need dimi and i think this will only make him a better player, it will drive him to work harder

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Thanks for joining the forum dave!! It is a substance called clenbuterol... saying that it could of been meat but a huge bit of meat it would of had to been apparently...

Heres what an article said taken from http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ap-doping-ovtcharov ,

BERLIN (AP)—Germany’s table tennis federation said Thursday that a “B” sample from suspended national team player Dimitrij Ovtcharov showed traces of the banned substance clenbuterol. The federation said last week that Ovtcharov had been suspended after the “A” sample from a test at the player’s home on Aug. 23 came up positive for clenbuterol, an anabolic agent that can be used to build muscle and reduce body fat. Ovtcharov has said he never used any banned substance and hadn’t heard of clenbuterol. He competed for the German national team in a tournament in China from Aug. 16 to Aug. 22. Last week, he argued that he likely ate contaminated meat in China. News of Ovtcharov’s positive “B” sample came after it was announced that three-time Tour de France champion Alberto Contador tested positive for a “very small concentration” of clenbuterol. Contador blamed contaminated steak for the result. The federation expects the 22-year-old Ovtcharov will seek a hearing on the results. Depending on the outcome, the federation could open disciplinary proceedings.

The federation says it supports Ovtcharov’s plan to have a hair sample tested in hopes of determining that he was only briefly in contact with the substance.

Clenbuterol is sometimes given to cows, pigs and other animals to increase their growth rate.

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
wasnt there a cyclist recently where he got some drug in a piece of meat like this?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
i like the european approach of some comments, to think that Ovtcharov is a very ambitious and talented player and one of the few young european players that may challenge china in the future, i think it would be kind of a throwback for european table tennis (german in particular of course :p ) if he gets banned for maybe 2 years (olympia 2012 without him? oh nooo), besides: imho the risk of getting caught using drugs is not worth the slight effect on skill in table tennis, so personally i believe Ovtcharov and hope the best for him!

nxs

This user has no status.

nxs

This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Yeah, i agree. I wouldn't see why people ( Especially Dima ) Would need to use clenbuterol for tabletennis.
I hope he doesn't get banned.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
The DTTB has decided not to ban Dima because they couldn´t proof that he voluntary took Clenbuterol , they rather think that he took it from contaminated food !! So Dima is back ;-)

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
i knew he was innocent"!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
We don't know if he really is innocent but according to the DTTB he is and that's what matters !
Good day for our sport!

Last edited: