Best backhand rubber you've used on a Medium Hard Blade?

says Just got my first racquet!
Hey! I'm just trying to get suggestions for backhand rubbers. I'm entirely sure what to look for yet because I've only been playing hardbat games so far. I have trouble getting off backhand loops because every time the ball pops up around an inch or two above net level and I try to backhand loop it, it always seems to go into the net. When I try to open the racquet more, the ball just goes out. Lately, I've just been replacing the loop with a sort of backspin drive because it's able to lift the ball more and I feel as though my game could be improved if I could use the backhand loop more often. So I'm wondering if I were to buy my own blade + rubber in the future, what categories should I be focusing on. Speed? Spin? Control? Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
If you want something cheap I would recommend Focus Snipe 3. It's like the perfect BH starter rubber. It's got a soft sponge with a medium soft topsheet. Has some decent pace and spin. If you are hitting the ball into the net you are striking the top of the ball try to aim for the back of the ball or the part facing you. The BH loop will take a lot of time and practice to learn so just keep at it. If you want other BH rubber choices I suggest you tell us a little more about your level of play and how much you're willing to spend. I could recommend loads of rubbers all great for the BH, but with out knowing your style (Chinese, Euro) and how well your technique (via a video or explanation) there's no way to really give you advice on what's the best for you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
I once used Grass D.TecS 1.2mm in black. Hardly controllable in my level.
Then I move to Dawei 388D-1 0.7mm also in black for better control and tournament purpose. Find it awesome but then I wanna try an OX long pips.
I tried Kokutaku 911 OX also in black which is more of a hitting rubber.
Then I moved on to my first real defensive setup and now I am using the awesome Double Fish 1615 OX in red. Lovely :)

Eh.. Wait.. Are you asking about inverted rubbers? :p

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I used Dawei XP 2008 Super Power 40 degree on my BH for 2 years. Simply an excellent OFF control rubber that does the saem things Sriver did, but at a super bargain price. Topsheet is flexible to give the spin on BH loops. Sponge is mid-firm for drives and flat hits, plus this rubber is great on BH flicks and bumps off the bounce. Very controllable rubber for $7 a sheet at colesstt.com or maybe cheaper if you buy in bulk from China.

I can slap just about anything on BH and make it work for me, my BH is not so choosy like my FH is. 2008 Super power gets the job done just fine. It is NOT a tacky rubber. It works fine on BH with many different blades, just like Sriver did/does. Medium is speed, decent spin, great control. These are the things a TT pundit will tell a user to look for. This is a very good rubber for a lot of different players up to and including the lower levels of advanced players.

Of course there are a gazillion rubbers that can fit the bill for your need. Try them all out if you can.

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
I once used Grass D.TecS 1.2mm in black. Hardly controllable in my level.
Then I move to Dawei 388D-1 0.7mm also in black for better control and tournament purpose. Find it awesome but then I wanna try an OX long pips.
I tried Kokutaku 911 OX also in black which is more of a hitting rubber.
Then I moved on to my first real defensive setup and now I am using the awesome Double Fish 1615 OX in red. Lovely :)

Eh.. Wait.. Are you asking about inverted rubbers? :p

Very funny Yosua :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
Very funny Yosua :p

Urrrgh is that sinism >.<
I found that one hardly funny, just an attempt haha :p

Right, now let me tell some of my experience on backhand rubbers before I move to the darkside ;)
The people of the forum is wise to tell you to use softer rubbers if you are still developing your technique.
For cheap ones LKT Pro XT and XP is the way to go.
Mark V and Sriver FX is a way to go but is rather hard to use on a medium hard blade for looping.
Genius Optimum+ Sound is good but its expensive.
If you are into chinese rubber, try H3Neo. Its hard tho, may not work for medium hard blade.
Don't forget to buy the proper sponge thickness :)

Well thats not much but thats the most I could tell I guess.
So in the end if you are a starter, choose a medium-soft rubber with like 1.8mm to 2.0mm sponge.