PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade help from "Yasaka Sweden Extra with VEGA PRO "

angad.aws
05-18-2019, 08:43 PM
Over the last 5 years , I am using XIOM VEGA PRO 2.1 mm on Yasaka Sweden Extra .
- My game style is playing topspin FH ,loop FH , flick on BH
- I play close to table or mid far distance from table .
- Benefits for my current setup are 1) Good Control and 2) Decent high trajectory during topspins

I am looking for little more speed with a new setup .Please advise whether I can switch to any of the below new setups

Change Blade and Rubber
1) T05 FH and BH on Butterfly Timo Boll ALC
2) XIOM VEGA PRO Max BH and FH on Butterfly Petr Korbel

Change Rubber only
1) Butterfly Rozena on Yasaka Sweden Extra
2) Rakza7 BH and FH on Yasaka Sweden Extra
3) XIOM VEGA PRO Max BH and FH on Yasaka Sweden Extra

note : i have tried my friends setup of Andro R47 2.1 mm on BH and FH on Andro Tempo All+ Blade . Many times i was unable to keep my topspin on the table .

Thank You

Lula
05-18-2019, 10:19 PM
I think you should change one thing first. Otherwise it Will be hard to tell What makes the difference.

I think i would try to change blade first.

trumpet_guy
05-19-2019, 12:57 AM
Yes, why not just change the blade so that you can evaluate what effect it has. Your first option 2 is a good one. Get the Korbel and keep Vega Pro, whether max thickness or thinner.

BryanY
05-19-2019, 02:14 AM
Xiom Offensive S with Vega Pro (max) on both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carl05
05-19-2019, 10:34 AM
Timo Boll ALC/ZJ ALC/Viscaria with Vega Pro 2.0 on both sides would be a good change and you will kill the EJ virus on the blade side forever.

angad.aws
05-19-2019, 08:29 PM
thank you for the inputs

FruitLoop
05-19-2019, 10:43 PM
Change blade to an innerforce type blade. Keep the rubbers they are fast and spinny as hell.

Konrad Bak
05-20-2019, 03:48 AM
H301 with the same rubbers

The_TT_Bat_Guy
05-20-2019, 09:43 PM
Over the last 5 years , I am using XIOM VEGA PRO 2.1 mm on Yasaka Sweden Extra .
- My game style is playing topspin FH ,loop FH , flick on BH
- I play close to table or mid far distance from table .
- Benefits for my current setup are 1) Good Control and 2) Decent high trajectory during topspins

I am looking for little more speed with a new setup .Please advise whether I can switch to any of the below new setups

Change Blade and Rubber
1) T05 FH and BH on Butterfly Timo Boll ALC
2) XIOM VEGA PRO Max BH and FH on Butterfly Petr Korbel

Change Rubber only
1) Butterfly Rozena on Yasaka Sweden Extra
2) Rakza7 BH and FH on Yasaka Sweden Extra
3) XIOM VEGA PRO Max BH and FH on Yasaka Sweden Extra

note : i have tried my friends setup of Andro R47 2.1 mm on BH and FH on Andro Tempo All+ Blade . Many times i was unable to keep my topspin on the table .

Thank You

If you just want a little more speed, I suggest only changing to a faster rubber as it's easier and often cheaper than changing to another blade. Xiom Vega Tour is an option. Or switch to a Xiom Omega series rubber. Your option 1 above is a big speed jump from your current setup and you might struggle to adjust esp since you already mentioned struggling with R47 on an All+ blade. Keep your change small to start with as lula said.

yogi_bear
05-21-2019, 08:04 AM
Probably Omega V pro instead of the same rubber but do keep the blade.

ttdad
05-21-2019, 05:53 PM
Probably Omega V pro instead of the same rubber but do keep the blade.

Just for discussion, if he were to change just the blade, which one would you recommend?

yogi_bear
05-21-2019, 07:17 PM
Probably xiom offensive s or stiga azalea offensive.