Yasaka Sweden Extra problem with tensor?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hi all

Last week i got xiom vega europe rubber with a good price, my friend didn’t like so i bought it.

I felt gooooood, i never tried a tensor rubber before.. lift backspin never so easy, topspin, block, chop.. very good rubber
I’m surprised.. i used in my sanwei cc with carbon plies

My main setup yinhe jupiter fh and palio ak47 blue bh with yse.. i like it

After tried xiom europe, i’m in love with this rubber. I used it on fh

And then i’ve big problem when i put the rubber on yasaka sweden ekstra

No feel, different bounce than sanwei cc.. it’s like the rubber dead! No tensor effect, no unique sound from xve. No sound at all.. it felt weird.

Why this happened? Are xiom vega europe not suitable on allround wood like yse?

And other problem, why the glue hard to remove from this rubber? I never had difficulty remove glue from other rubber, like just peel the rubber and done with dhs no 15 glue. On xve like stick on the sponge, difficultto peel the rubber.

967a755d5f46ddef6e07d6dfc7a604f5.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
It's not the blade that blade works great with tensors. I just don't remove the glue, put glue on top of the old glue. Maybe your second glue job wasn't properly adhering the rubber to the blade.

I’m already glued a lot of rubber, i put 2 layer glue.. first glue i’m waited until completely dried and when i put second layer i’m forget about 25 minutes, it’s that can be the problem? Because i leave it too long, i mean it dried more than normal time make the glue job not properly good?

And do you know why it’s so difficult to peel the glue on the rubber? It’s like so stick on the sponge.. just curious why I can’t peel the glue like my other rubber

This is my first time use xiom rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
And do you know why it’s so difficult to peel the glue on the rubber?

First, there are several reasons why a glue job can go wrong, including humidity in the room and other factors. The "dead" feeling is a good indicator, and the solution is not to speculate but glue again. It´s not that you must have a mistake as such.

The glue problem can also have several reasons. It is easier to peel off glue from sponges that do not have pores (most Chinese rubbers, older classic rubbers). Some modern Tensor rubbers cause trouble. But then, some glues work better than others. So there is not necessarily one problem and one solution, or there might be but you won´t know which.

Reactions: Aden f
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I would say, reglue and try 1 layer on glue on the rubber and see how it feels
for removing the glue - wait for it to be a very thick layer before attempting. Euro is a soft sponge, it is brittle (due to pores) so be extra careful....

I've sold many setup with YE (YSE) with XVE,

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
First, there are several reasons why a glue job can go wrong, including humidity in the room and other factors. The "dead" feeling is a good indicator, and the solution is not to speculate but glue again. It´s not that you must have a mistake as such.

The glue problem can also have several reasons. It is easier to peel off glue from sponges that do not have pores (most Chinese rubbers, older classic rubbers). Some modern Tensor rubbers cause trouble. But then, some glues work better than others. So there is not necessarily one problem and one solution, or there might be but you won´t know which.

Thanks, yes this is my first time gluing tensor rubber. I’ll try to reglue.. see if this work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I would say, reglue and try 1 layer on glue on the rubber and see how it feels
for removing the glue - wait for it to be a very thick layer before attempting. Euro is a soft sponge, it is brittle (due to pores) so be extra careful....

I've sold many setup with YE (YSE) with XVE,

Okay thanks, what glue you used for xve on yse? Are you just put one thick layer?

And i’ve been tell that xve will shrink a bit? Is that true?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never try to remove the glue from tensors. Generally all water based glues are good for tensors if you don't intend to reglue.
If you intend to reglue, its better to use thinner and stronger glue like Xiom iBond, it fixes well even with one layer. You have to use with caution thicker glues and more layers, as it may change the feeling, especially with softer rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Okay thanks, what glue you used for xve on yse? Are you just put one thick layer?

And i’ve been tell that xve will shrink a bit? Is that true?

Sent from my iPhon using Tapatalk

I use Andro Turbo Fix or Gewo Hydrotec. To me, these are maybe the same glue, just different packaging :)
I prefer the thinner water glue.
for new rubber, I would put two layers on rubber
for used rubber, I would only put 1 layer on rubber

regarding shrinking - any rubber that is stretched would shrink.
Softer sponge rubbers (more pores) are easier to stretch compared to harder sponge rubbers

Reactions: langel
I use Andro Turbo Fix or Gewo Hydrotec. To me, these are maybe the same glue, just different packaging :)
I prefer the thinner water glue.
for new rubber, I would put two layers on rubber
for used rubber, I would only put 1 layer on rubber

regarding shrinking - any rubber that is stretched would shrink.
Softer sponge rubbers (more pores) are easier to stretch compared to harder sponge rubbers

Agree.

This user has no status.
the hardness of a tenergy 05 is higher than a fresh one, the high tension disappears, the boost inside the sponge disappears too thats why the overall hardness is higher.
When you take off a rubber, the rubber shrinks. But it depends on the rubber, the more the tension is high the shrink effect is, same for the hardness (the softer)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I don't know. When I used to switch up Equipment a lot, I had some rubbers that I would pull from one blade to another over and over and they were fine and they were switched at least 50 times before I stopped EJing that way. But I can say that there is not much good reason why you would want to do that over and over once you have settled on a setup that is good for you.

But it doesn't actually do anything much to the rubber.

Also, ESN rubbers do seem to have some kind of chemical tuning. But I am not sure Tenergy does. Which may be one of the reasons Tenergy lasts so much longer than other new rubbers with catapult type sponges.

I also won't call them tensioned. That is an allusion. They are really just rubbers with high elasticity. If they were truly tensioned, the rubbers would curl. Usually they don't. So, they are not tensioned. Just high elasticity. :)

There are lots of TT myths out there though. Those are just a few of them that are related to marketing.

Reactions: langel
the hardness of a tenergy 05 is higher than a fresh one, the high tension disappears, the boost inside the sponge disappears too thats why the overall hardness is higher.
When you take off a rubber, the rubber shrinks. But it depends on the rubber, the more the tension is high the shrink effect is, same for the hardness (the softer)

Aah, bro, the tension of Tenergy has nothing to do with the tension of Tensors.
Thats one point.
The second point is that Tensors Do Differ in Tensor effect providing mechanisms, mainly in sponge material formula and the kind of gas in the bubbles and the organic substance incorporated in the sponge tissue aimed to maintain the prolonged formation and effect of that gas.
Different brands and Tensor generations act in different way.
The first generations felt like ordinary boosted rubbers.
Modern Tensor generations keep the tensor effect for a reasonable lifetime unlike any other "boosted" rubber, and the shrikage is absolutely neglectible.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I won't say shinhyun is completely false

Tenergy where its tension in the sponge/topsheet, or tensors with tuning, or chinese rubbers with tuning - over time which includes many regluing would loose its original characteristics.

these rubbers were not designed for regluing unliked in the days of speed glue.
And I would agree that it is not a wise move to keep doing it, as the rubber would deterriote.
I also would not want to reglue and have "dead" glue in between the sponge/blade, or have holes in my sponge from damages by removing glue.

at the end of the day, shrink by tensor wearing out is true - but this is normally a long period of time - into the months.
forcing a stretch would shrink quicker
and again, the highest chance is with more pores rubbers or softer sponge rubbers.

My H3 Neo, no matter how I stretch it, will not stretch or shrink

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hi guys, you’re right

I just found the problem is the glue, i sell xve and bought a new one put it on yasaka sweden ekstra and yes it’s work

But now, i like the feeling of sanwei cc more when i put XVE than YSE. It’s different. The level of feeling, bounce, control, block i prefer sanwei cc.

15$ sanwei CC carbon beat YSE 29$[emoji1319]

Maybe i will sell my yse and stick with sanwei cc for a while.

Let’s see later when i put it back on sanwei cc, it’ll shrink or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: yoass