Comparison of 50 Degree ESN rubbers

This user has no status.
I’m currently using a sheet of Xiom Omega V Asia on the forehand side of my spare blade (JOOLA Nobilis). I got it at a discount and I like it a lot more than I thought I would. (Originally I thought 50 degrees would be too hard for me).

So, I’m now wondering if some of the more modern ESN rubbers generate more spin and are an overall improvement over OVA. (I also don’t like serving with OVA).

Since 50 degree sponges are the new trend now I thought I’d ask you guys about how the various brands compare to each other. I can’t afford to try them all out. Spin? Speed? Linear? Touch Play? I’m wondering what stands out when comparing them.

- JOOLA Rhyzer Pro 50
- Andro Rasanter R50
- Donic Bluestorm Z1 Turbo
- Tibhar MX-P 50

Not sure whether to include Omega VII Asia since its 52 degrees. Does it feel significantly harder than OVA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
says STAX X9000 is the BEST!
IMHO rubbers with the same nominal degree hardness of the sponge is might play and "feel" quite differently in terms of hardness... As example, GEWO Nexxus EL PRO 48 is feels much harder than Joola Rhyzer 48, and GEWO Nexxus XT PRO 48 feels harder than GEWO Nexxus EL PRO 48 (Rhyzer 48 was too soft even for my BH, EL PRO 48 is fine for my BH, but too soft for my FH, XT PRO 48 is fine for my FH, but too hard for my BH)... So, IMO, it really depends on the exact model... As for 50 degrees sponge rubbers I used Rasanter R50, it's very powerful, but kinda specific, IMO Rasanter dosn't have grippy topsheet, so all the spin is comes from sponge, so with R50 it's kinda hard to play not powerful, it's kinda the more powerful you play the more control you have, for me this is the rubber for the FH only and with wide swing technique... also played with OVIIA, it's was too hard for me even when I played Mizutani ZLC blade... Also played Tibhar Hybrid K1 (euro. ver.) which is also has 50 degrees sponge, that one is very nice rubber for FH IMO, very nice balance between tacky topsheet and tensor sponge in terms of control, only change it to Gewo Nexxus XT PRO 48 because became a fan of Gewo Nexxus series after I tried EL PRO 48... also, already ordered Gewo Nexxus EL PRO 50 Hard, it's a new rubber from Gewo, it might change XT PRO 48 on my FH, will see...

This user has no status.
I guess I’m not really factoring I’m the tacky hybrid ESN rubbers. (I did like Golden Tango PS during the 60 seconds that I hit with it. LoL).

Also, I forgot about Goldarc 50 degree.

So... Omega VII Asia plays a lot different than Omega V Asia? Seems like the hardness increase is pretty significant then. Topsheet is probably totally different too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I’m not really factoring I’m the tacky hybrid ESN rubbers. (I did like Golden Tango PS during the 60 seconds that I hit with it. LoL).

Also, I forgot about Goldarc 50 degree.

So... Omega VII Asia plays a lot different than Omega V Asia? Seems like the hardness increase is pretty significant then. Topsheet is probably totally different too.

O7A is with a harder sponge, but the top sheet is softer and the overall feeling is not harder.
It plays differently than OVA, but everything is in the same direction and style.
For a month you would make the transfer.
Generally its faster, with better spin, more aggressive - stinging and biting.
Many other things.
Highly recommended.
At the same time I still keep OVA on other blades, from time to time to play with them, but at the end I feel better with O7Asia.

Reactions: BryanY