Blade Suggestions please.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hi,

I am currently using Dhs W968 blade which I think has super control. It is a very linear blade.I am using hurricane 3 on both sides. A softer 37 hurricane 3 on backhand. I was wondering if any other limba outer ply all wood blade would offer a similar performance to the w968 in terms of control and feeling. Any suggestions for a blade which has super control and a softer touch like the w968. Just wanna experiment and try it out.

says STAX X9000 is the BEST!
BTY Apolonia
It's not linear, as is all Innerforce blade... IMO. Also love "soft" feeling blades and it was a problem for me to migrate from all-wood blades to blades with sinthetic layers, but eventually for me Innerforce technology became a solution, though they are not very linear, so was in awe when I first try Mizutani ZLC blade which has that "soft feeling" and also has speed, power, control, and it also quite linear, but for me it just too speedy... but found some kind of "analog" of Mizutani ZLC, but with a less speed and with more control, it's Tibhar Cedric Nuytinck which I'm playing now...

So IMO, if high speed is not an issue, then Butterfly Mizutani ZLC is just amazing, but if you can't "tame that beast", then Tibhar Cedric Nuytinck blade is a great alternative... again, just an IMHO, and I didn't play with DHS blades, so don't know how they compare to Mizutani and Nuytinck blades...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I have extensive experience with DHS inner carbon blades and they're very linear, you get what you put in.

It's not linear, as is all Innerforce blade... IMO. Also love "soft" feeling blades and it was a problem for me to migrate from all-wood blades to blades with sinthetic layers, but eventually for me Innerforce technology became a solution, though they are not very linear, so was in awe when I first try Mizutani ZLC blade which has that "soft feeling" and also has speed, power, control, and it also quite linear, but for me it just too speedy... but found some kind of "analog" of Mizutani ZLC, but with a less speed and with more control, it's Tibhar Cedric Nuytinck which I'm playing now...

So IMO, if high speed is not an issue, then Butterfly Mizutani ZLC is just amazing, but if you can't "tame that beast", then Tibhar Cedric Nuytinck blade is a great alternative... again, just an IMHO, and I didn't play with DHS blades, so don't know how they compare to Mizutani and Nuytinck blades...

I have extensive experience with DHS inner carbon blades and they're very linear, you get what you put in.

Linear response of a blade/rubber/bat is a personal feeling.
I've wrote a lot about that in several threads.
Every player has particular personal motor nonlinearities.
Every blade/rubber/bat has particular nonlinearity.
Its a matter of fitting and synergy between the different components of the system and between the different systems.
Different players would feel different level of linearity/nonlinearity with different blade/rubbers combinations.

Reactions: JST and lasta
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Its a matter of fitting and synergy between the different components of the system and between the different systems.
Different players would feel different level of linearity/nonlinearity with different blade/rubbers combinations.

Great summary! Any idea where I should start? Reading your posts is like flicking through the Britannica.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
While "feeling" is subjective, some characteristics are factual when it comes to the wood types and composition used, that isn't something that can be argued with subjectivity, it's science. If one puts the same effort into a shot using a W968 and a Viscaria, you will get different results due to the construction of the blades.

While "feeling" is subjective, some characteristics are factual when it comes to the wood types and composition used, that isn't something that can be argued with subjectivity, it's science. If one puts the same effort into a shot using a W968 and a Viscaria, you will get different results due to the construction of the blades.

Absolutely ExactlY! One will get differenet feeling.
And One will feel W968 most linear, anOther One - the Viscaria.
For me the most linear blade is my main blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Not feeling. Result. Meaning the ball will get different arcs, spins, length etc. Linearity is "gears", how many different (various) results in output you can get from different input. For instance, a Zhang Jike Super ZLC has 3 gears while a H301 has 6, just to make an example. Even if you give Waldner who has perhaps the best feeling in history he will get different results with the mentioned blades even if he does the exact same motion.

Absolutely ExactlY! One will get differenet feeling.
And One will feel W968 most linear, anOther One - the Viscaria.
For me the most linear blade is my main blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Great responses. I agree that W968 is very linear. You get what you put in. You can guide the ball very easily specially combined with linear rubbers like hurricane 3.Thus this combo has the most control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
The 968/Long 5 are actually not very linear. TTGearlab's Ep/Ec is just a way of expressing low-impact and high-impact speed. With those blades, you will feel notable loss of power as you hit harder. For an allround looper, one might not get to that point very often, but when you smash hard often you will know what I mean.

There is a lot of variables about composition inter-dependencies etc, but stiffer harder usually comes with more linear feel.

If you want "relatively" more linear blades, use TTgearlab's Ec/Ep and look for close to or slightly higher than 1.

Reactions: langel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
A loss of power as I hit harder with 968? :) It's the opposite in reality. Have you ever tried a 968?

The 968/Long 5 are actually not very linear. TTGearlab's Ep/Ec is just a way of expressing low-impact and high-impact speed. With those blades, you will feel notable loss of power as you hit harder. For an allround looper, one might not get to that point very often, but when you smash hard often you will know what I mean.

There is a lot of variables about composition inter-dependencies etc, but stiffer harder usually comes with more linear feel.

If you want "relatively" more linear blades, use TTgearlab's Ec/Ep and look for close to or slightly higher than 1.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I only tried the Long 5. But in any case, don't believe the glueing process will make too much a difference in the overall response of the 2 blades. At least not so much as can be attributed to batch variations.