Rubber that instalsl confidence and encourages offensive strokes

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Hello guys

I am looking for forehand rubber suggestions. In particular rubbers that encourage offensive forehand strokes.

Here are the ones I have tried so far.

Faster G1: A very good rubber, but my skill level is not enough to wield it. It felt satisfying to hit with, but the overall hard feeling is making me back away from it...
ELS: A very good rubber and I hit well with it on my backhand side. It feels slightly soft for forehand play.
Select: A safe rubber to play with, good on the backhand side. It felt low quality on forehand side.
Omega VII Euro: Good and direct, but lacks spin, and does not encourage power play on forehand. This is what I am playing with at the moment
Omega VI Pro: it simply felt too fast and low on dwell time for me.
Rasanter R47: simple too fast to wield
Rasanter R42: fast enough but too soft, discourage power play. Good for backhand I guess.
Barracude: high throw which is good, but little on the sift side..

In the last couple of months, I have been practising more and more, 3-4 sessions per week, really trying to improve. In the past, I liked soft rubbers (around 42 degree) a lot, cause I had a weak forehand, a weak swing. But as I am practising more now, I finally come to realisation that harder rubbers encourage more powerful play, and people do so on forehand side.

So I am now really trying to think which rubber I should try/stick with. Couple of 47 degrees rubbers like G1 or R47 felt too fast. 42 degree ones definitely start to feel soft to me now. And ELS, which is 45 degree, felt bouncy and high throw, does not encourage development of a fuller swing.

Some rubbers that I am also looking into are, MXS, MXP, ELS (again.. if I have to).

Can really use you guys' input on this one.

Many thanks in advance :)

(P.S. forgot to mention I use a 5 ply wood blade, Nittaku Acoustics)

I'd hate to be that guy. But have you tried the popular chinese rubbers?

But what you are describing, are literally chinese rubbers.

They are very hard rubbers, extremely linear, most people switching from euro rubbers complain that they are too slow, but their hardness also gives the highest ceilings of power on shots on big swings.

Since your complaint on all of these rubbers seem to be they either play a tad too fast, or a tad too soft.

With the exception of the tackiness, which would definitely take a while to get used to (and is a bit more high maintainence on cleaning). You are basically asking for a chinese rubber.

A tried, true and popular one for forehand obviously being Hurricane 3 Neo. Being relatively cheap and durable is a nice bonus.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I'd hate to be that guy. But have you tried the popular chinese rubbers?

But what you are describing, are literally chinese rubbers.

They are very hard rubbers, extremely linear, most people switching from euro rubbers complain that they are too slow, but their hardness also gives the highest ceilings of power on shots on big swings.

Since your complaint on all of these rubbers seem to be they either play a tad too fast, or a tad too soft.

With the exception of the tackiness, which would definitely take a while to get used to (and is a bit more high maintainence on cleaning). You are basically asking for a chinese rubber.

A tried, true and popular one for forehand obviously being Hurricane 3 Neo. Being relatively cheap and durable is a nice bonus.

You have explained my thoughts on the subject flawlessly. Thanks.

It would be worth trying H3.

Reactions: Andyzhao123
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Try cornilleau target pro GT H47 ... for my only rubber which is predictable , stable, spinny, good for short and fast game , light enough ... i tried H3, R47 , omega 7 pro, and many others , this the rubber which i was searching for .

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 3 reviews
Tenergy 05 Hard has enough hardness and does not bottom out when power spin with 05. On the other hand, you don't need to use too much power like Hurricane 3 to release its spin capability(It has a kick effect, if you calibrate yourself you can generate lots of spin with just enough topspin stroke to make the ball to have slow forward velocity and super spin which confuses opponent while blocking).

Arc is slightly lower than 05.

Durability wise, you don't have any other choice. Mine(Tenergy 05 topsheet) loses grip after 5-6 months(10 hr/week)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Palio Hadou 40+ in 42-44. This sounds like the perfect rubber for you. There may be others, but this is the only rubber like this that I have experience with. I have found this to be the perfect rubber for me when I need to tame the speed of a blade. It is no so tame that if feels dead.

Something that will be a little quicker, but still slow compared to something like Fastarc G1 is Stiga Genesis M (the original).

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
I am going to bring up Stiga Genisis M again. It is a medium sponged rubber that is on the softer than many other medium rubbers. It does not feel mushy at all. Low bounce and catapult with a high grip. Not super tacky like some other options.

This really is a good do it all rubber. I love this rubber, but it is just a bit too slow. When I ran it on my H301 I felt as though I could make any shot that I needed to. It gave me a lot of confidence with all of my strokes.

The Hadou 40+ is good as well. However, I would only recommend this if you have a faster springy blade. On slower blades you may struggle to get the ball over the net.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gekko
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Spend your money on coaching

Your blade is good enough and the rubber, i know a lot people use the rubber that you mentioned and they play very well. No complaints.

So i suggest you to spend your money on coaching rather than buy on new rubber.

Because you will always blame your setup rather than your technique. Don’t be that guy on that circle

Develope more on your technique, focus on coaching.. and then you’ll thanks me later

Rubber only give 20% of your play and the rest is your technique. Note it

This user has no status.
Ya.. don't waste too much time chasing that "dream" set up. It's an illusion and improving your technique is way more important. If you must, give a non-tensor rubber a try (e.g. Yasaka Mark V) or hybrid eurojap/chinese rubber (e.g. Yasaka rising dragon). Since all the rubbers you've played are either earlier gen tensor or modern tensor rubbers, you might prefer the feel of non-tensor rubbers. I wouldn't recommend pure Chinese rubbers like H3 because 90% of the time people can't play well with it without boosting. Honestly though, G1 is one of those objectively solid rubbers and if this doesn't work for you, then either you need coaching to get better or settle with a slower rubber.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Excellent advice above. As far as rubbers go, it seems hard to beat the likes of H3 for encouraging spinny offensive strokes. They are cheap enough that trying one might be a no brainer for your needs.

I hate to be that other guy: the other sensible option for your needs might well be to switch to a slower blade. Going for a tacky rubber has the downside of requiring modifications in things like blocking technique. Slowing down your blade might give you the extra confidence and safety you are looking for without requiring as much adjustment to your technique, and allowing you to go back quite seamlessly to your acoustic once your FH is where you want it to be...

On this point: Have you done the bounce + frequency spectrum analysis test on your acoustic? Looking at results on www.ttbla.de, the 5 Acoustics on record go from 1205hz to 1333hz. That's not speed monster range by any stretch. But spending some time with a slightly slower, thinner blade might just be the most effective approach to your problem. (I'm thinking one of the traditional 5 ply 5.4mm-ish allrounds—with bounce pitch more in the 1050-1175 range. I personally just switched from my beloved Nexy Arche to an Appelgren Allplay for a similar reason, and couldn't be happier with the switch.)

All that said, coaching might just be the best bet as others mentioned..

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Good advice. MX-S, H3 (or H8) or a slower blade as OhWell recommends. Worth repeating that if you have the option of getting some good coaching that's better than any equipment change by far.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
thanks guys

I am actually getting coaching once a week, and my coach did encourage me to try to adapt to a harder rubber.

Reviews on MXS seems to say that it requires/encourages good footwork and technique, and also linear. However speed rating on database seems to suggest its quite fast (9.5) ?

should I be worried, or does it not really matter, since its linear

thanks again for all of your inputs

This user has no status.
Do you know any other classic 5 ply ALL blades? What made you settle with Appelgren? I've tried Accoustic as a slow blade before but I have to say this blade is by no means slow. I wonder if I should buy a slower blade like yours just to have a hit at it. I mean they are so cheap too. I wonder what makes Accoustic so much faster vs. another 5-ply blade. It's about the same weight too. I guess the wood composition?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
If you feel the rubber still too fast you, just buy a palio ak47 blue/yellow/yinhe jupiter 2 38 degree. Very good quality, price nothing just.. aroud 12$

If you still thinking the expensive one may good for you, buy xiom vega europe..

Will help you develope your technique more than your rubber you’ve now

Don’t always look a expensive rubber is good for you to develope your skill.. no sense...

Just pick one that i mentioned and don’t overthink it

After you have improved, back to the rubber you’ve before and you will know what we mean