Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Trent Carter and Paul Pinkewich

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2011
contents from Sarah Her-Lee's Blog

I came across three very cool promotional videos featuring Tiago Apolonia (Portugal National Team) and our very own Ola Ratka from New Zealand!! :) (New Zealand Junior Team), and Trent Carter and Paul Pinkewich (Australian Senior and Veteran Teams).

Tiago's video is of a streets style, consisting of music and cool ideas of show table tennis in a different way by using an unique venue and objects suchs as cans and steel buckets to showcase the skill of accuracy. Towards the end of the video Tiago comes to a table - again unique in its style and begins hitting with a challenger. What happens next is arguably the coolest thing I have ever seen.....!

390121_118912898221488_100003083344355_111944_2052694458_n.jpg

Ola's video is of a very different style. Since table tennis is a minority sport in New Zealand, her video shows the audience what table tennis is like internationally, and she explains how much training goes on to prepare for a match. As a junior, she has set her goals on representing New Zealand on the bigger international stage. She openly shares her goals and what she is doing to achieve them. One very important person is her coach Hyo Joo Lee and they show how the training is done behind the scene..

111031094546PXININLR.jpg

Ola Ratka (New Zealand)

Trent and Paul's video is also of a street style - There are many people that gathered to see a 'fight' between Trent and Paul. They fight (playing table tennis) in a very different way and to a nice sound/beat that goes with the bounce of the ball.

Carter1.jpg
132645_1_L.jpg

The videos are here:

Tiago Apolonia (Portugal National Team)

Ola Ratka (New Zealand)

Trent Carter and Paul Pinkevich

Last edited:
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Wow I never knew Trent had that video, is it new? I think that's the best one. Awesome that ITTF put Ola's link on facebook! I heard she's training pretty hard in Korea so will have to see if she can slap me off when she gets back. BTW everyone that stadium in Ola's video is where I work and train now :D

Tiago's video is certainly unique lol it's a bit abstract I guess

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
BTW everyone that stadium in Ola's video is where I work and train now

Amazing place Matt. Wish I could train there. They should also feature you training with Ola...:)
I noticed that she's a slapper, just like someone I know here in the forum, but can't really put my finger who the guy is though :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Well.. I tryed to show Tiagos video to my gf..
To see if their idea - to promote table tennis.. works..
She said: "What can I say? Music was awful.. But it was interesting, at least.. But Im sure It could be made better.. That music was really horrible! Anyways - I dont really understand what should that be about? Ad for what? For that player, how great he is? Ad for pingpong? Ad for Tibhar? Or just to kill some boring time? :D"
Then I explained her, that it was ad for pingpong.. she said: "Well if this is really video to make someone play pingpong - it didnt work for me. Absolutely.."

So I think they really should make it better..
And my gf said she will think about something,.. if it will be possible, maybe we will create something.. ;)

Then you can rate :D

For me the video was kitschy.. They way - Tiago was cool, in good clothes, in cool shoes, make up on, hair perfect..
What the hell would he do in a place like that??
And. . the fire instead of the net? COME ON! .. I bet the ball would light after first serve, hehe..

Its a nice idea to promote table tennis, but there has to be a better way..

Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Amazing place Matt. Wish I could train there. They should also feature you training with Ola...:)
I noticed that she's a slapper, just like someone I know here in the forum, but can't really put my finger who the guy is though :)

It is a great venue, 17 tables permanent table tennis venue, something we are lucky to have in a few major centres around NZ but not really the players to appreciate them to full. haha dunno who ur talking about :p

Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Who is that slapper in the bright green shirt?!?! Hehe im unable to post links yet but youtube search 'hetherington vs chin'
!!!

No man not that match! I was mucking round being an idiot and you videod it! lol

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
By the way Matt, is it this video?

Btw, what was the reaction that you did on 3:30?? :)

I vote for this video as the best one.

Matt's game plan:

1) How much can I joke around without losing a game?
2) How many times can I smack the ball and miss without losing a game?
3) How many smacks should I make?
4) Will tequila help?

It looks like you are having a lot of fun in this video Matt. :)

Oh, and Azlan, you have to love that facial expression at 3:30. Thanks for catching it. :)