How to push/flick fake

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Heres an interesting video I stumbled across on youtube, from youtuber WeiTTTube channel. The video is of Tang Peng doing a push/flick fake shot in the training hall.

The "push/flick fake" shot consists of a player going in for a push, however at the very last minute the player will flick the ball.

tang_peng_23_10_09_Large.jpg

Photo by: Georg Diener

I have seen Ma Long do this type of shot a few times on his backhand side.

What do you think of this shot? Do you use it?

What shall we call this shot, as I don't believe it has a name :)

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Thanx for the video Dan. Actually I've seen Ma Long do quite a bit of this on his forehand side too. It look as if he was going for a push, but in the last minute he lift and flick the ball. I often wonder how he made it looked so easy, but I am sure it is not.

Mar 2011
Sure does hehe.. I was just thinking of football players with their fake dummy shots :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

Guys, if I am at the wrong end, I would call it Dummy/Stupid/Dumb flick (with mumbling tone while picking up the ball at the back of the court). But if I am the one doing the flick, I would call it the Cool Feint Flick hahahaha :p

Mar 2011
Yeah, we noticed Michal..we're just having a bit of fun hehehe But it makes me wonder, what if the kill flick didn't end up with a point, instead it got returned?? hehehe I called it Feint Flick coz you feint the push, and just when your opponent thought that you're gonna do a push shot, you flick taaadaaaa....:)

But honestly, the kill flick does sound that you mean business...